Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI own The Valley and have a commitment to buy the training ground within 6 months hmmmmmmmm

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Selling taylor and nor owning the training ground is an inglorious start indeed on the face of it and no amount of PR changes that.
    Taylor WANTS to leave.  Take £3-5m or lose him for nothing?

That LITERALLY makes no sense.  You have on your hands a sulking player not wanting to be there.
    Who’s gonna pay £3-£5m now when they can pay him a signing on fee of half that in 6 months, maybe someone desperate will (that should be us ! )

Is this the same sulking player who when his big money move to Brentford in the summer didn’t go through played out of his boots for us before and after injury . 
    They'll take the money.  As they should.   If it's reinvested into more players I have to agree.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Selling taylor and nor owning the training ground is an inglorious start indeed on the face of it and no amount of PR changes that.

That LITERALLY makes no sense.  You have on your hands a sulking player not wanting to be there.
    As if anyone’s is paying £3M - £5M for Taylor! Be lucky to get £1.5M
  • Options
    Seems a bit bizarre. 

So they've paid 50m+ (or whatever the price was) and don't actually own everything?
    Who says they spent £50,000,000..........no one knows!
    That's why i said or whatever the price was. I don't know, but seeing as we were led to believe Roland was asking 60m or so from some reports last year, i'd find it hard to believe the price was considerably lower than 40-50m
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Re the ownership, they own the club & stadium and are committed to owning the training ground in short order. Not a massive issue in of itself and could be a result of some Roland related shenanigans. But it is a little strange and would indicate that we aren’t about to become Man City South, but we will be much clearer on the money available by the time 1st of Feb rolls around. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    supaclive said:

Leeds need a forward, Brentford need a forward, probably 2 or 3 others wanting promotion will throw their hat in the ring.

I'm happy to wait and see.....
  • Options
    There must be a valid reason why its not already part of the takeover. Paying £50m and not owning the training ground Roland has pulled off the deal of the century.

ESI need to communicate with the fans about what's happening to put everyones mind at rest 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    supaclive said:

Exactly. He's 30 in a couple of months and has spent 4 of this seasons 6 months injured.

We'll probably be taking whatever we can get.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    supaclive said:

Exactly. He's 30 in a couple of months and has spent 4 of this seasons 6 months injured.

We'll probably be taking whatever we can get.
    And in those 30 years he’s played 13 matches at Championship level.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    There must be a valid reason why its not already part of the takeover. Paying £50m and not owning the training ground Roland has pulled off the deal of the century.

ESI need to communicate with the fans about what's happening to put everyones mind at rest 
    I repeat......who knows what ESI have paid....thus far that is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What concerns me is the way this has been communicated and the vacuum I’ve spoken about in the other thread, not a great start - there may be some compelling reason of course.
  • Options
    Not bothered about Lyle Taylor. But this training ground situation ain’t good. Why can’t we have something normal ffs. 
  • Options
    Could it be they have their own plans for the site that are very different to Roland's scaled back ones? 
  • Options
    Seems like it might be that they are waiting to the next financial year to balance the books. No biggie if all goes through smoothly. They own the club and the ground and all that will have all been an agreed price. The same for the training ground as well I am sure.

More worried about losing our best striker but hopefully we have plans to address that. Bowyer said that he didn't ever want a repeat of losing Aribo for nothing.
  • Options
    I can not believe Roland would still want to own the training ground, as he can do nothing else with it than let Charlton use it. It must mean the new owners are short of cash and hope to raise more over the next 6 months if the above is true.
  • Options
    Train in the carpark like they did in my youth. Jumpers for goalposts and all that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    ESI own the club and the valley. 
    That's good enough for me.
    Now it appears they have six months in which to come to an agreement to buy the training ground. 
    If they do then great. If they don't we train somewhere else.not a huge problem imo.
    Things have moved on a bit from the 1980s when you could just take the first team over Greenwich Park instead. There are all sorts of commitments to provide facilities via the central academy funding and to the community trust that would take years to recreate.

But I agree the training ground is not ultimately a large part of the identity of the club as far as fans are concerned.
  • Options
    I suppose it depends how much rd wants for sparrows land? Is it good value? Are there alternatives 
  • Options
    And does this mean we are paying rd rent for use of sparrows lane? Would that need ex director permission?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Could it be they have their own plans for the site that are very different to Roland's scaled back ones? 
    Never thought of that. Need some positivity. Im sure there will be an official statement today
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Never thought of that. Need some positivity. Im sure there will be an official statement today
    I echo this, to nip the speculation in the bud it would be good to have some more concrete information re the training ground.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Why has nobody done a house analogy?

Like the time I bought my terraces house but said “I’ll have the garden off you in the summer.”?

Shared ownership, ESI own 75% and will be staircasing in six months time 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Why has nobody done a house analogy?

Like the time I bought my terraces house but said “I’ll have the garden off you in the summer.”?
    Yeah but that old patch of grass just next door is available cheaper , why not rent the current garden(you are not skint and are just seeing what’s available) and come back in the summer and re evaluate