Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI own The Valley and have a commitment to buy the training ground within 6 months hmmmmmmmm

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    WSS said:
    And there we go.  Rich could have just put that in the article!
    Doesn't make such a shit storm though does it 
    Was gonna suggest that in my earlier post. 
  • Options
    Panic over chaps
  • Options
    You all laughed at the six questions.

Not laughing now are you?  : - )

1 Who owns the club?

2 What's the business plan?

3 How is the plan being funded?

4 What are the plans for the Valley?

5 What are the plans for the training ground?

6 What's the exit strategy?

There maybe many positive reasons why Sparrows Lane hasn't been purchased yet IE a wish to submit a different planning application perhaps with links to multi million grant funding that RD dismissed, perhaps a dispute over the rugby club to be resolved.

There are also more negative ways to view it. No money, a property play, make your guesses here.

The way it has been released into the public domain, tagged on to a "bigger" story (not so IMHO) about Taylor does not instill confidence.

It does, perhaps, answer the question about why the completion of the takeover took longer than many expected.
    Who laughed? This constant who guessed right and who guessed wrong is nauseating
    Oh, come on, mate. I'm not always his biggest fan (and vice-versa) but he put the smiley there. He was joshing.

But the six questions themselves are not joshing. They are absolutely fundamental, and bear constant repetition because people lose sight of them and get lost in detail, rumour, and conspiracy theories.

• Options

1 Who owns the club?

There maybe many positive reasons why Sparrows Lane hasn't been purchased yet IE a wish to submit a different planning application perhaps with links to multi million grant funding that RD dismissed, perhaps a dispute over the rugby club to be resolved.

There are also more negative ways to view it. No money, a property play, make your guesses here.

The way it has been released into the public domain, tagged on to a "bigger" story (not so IMHO) about Taylor does not instill confidence.

It does, perhaps, answer the question about why the completion of the takeover took longer than many expected.
    Who laughed? This constant who guessed right and who guessed wrong is nauseating
    Oh, come on, mate. I'm not always his biggest fan (and vice-versa) but he put the smiley there. He was joshing.

But the six questions themselves are not joshing. They are absolutely fundamental, and bear constant repetition because people lose sight of them and get lost in detail, rumour, and conspiracy theories.

I know, I saw it, but when it's on virtually every thread? Smiley face or not
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Much better news and as I guessed, the reason for the "delayed" takeover.

Still have to wonder why they are doing this via Crawley.

The club has its own Comms team, website and Twitter account that could run the whole story, not just 240 characters worth.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    WSS said:
    You assume that all that information was provided up front and not in reaction to the response.
    I'd also assume a local journalist would/should dig a bit deeper before pushing out a soundbite like that.

But I suppose that's the media/journalism world we live in now. Rich is still in credit.
    Where do you think the information came from? I’d say it was ESI’s job to package messages properly rather than have to firefight the response, but they probably didn’t anticipate the reaction it would get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1 Who owns the club?

Snowflake alert
  • Options
    I was told months ago that palace where after sparrows lane dont know how true that was but it was by someone at the Rugby club who also told me about them taking Charlton to court
    Palace are building a new training ground in Beckenham where Goals/Fitness First/Gambados is/used to be so I doubt that is true.
    so could of been true at time i was told that they were after it,then found out RD was a C..t
  • Options
    WSS said:
    You assume that all that information was provided up front and not in reaction to the response.
     Oh come on. Why would they withhold that information?

How did they seriously think that was going to go?
  • Options
    Just a quick reminder to anyone who might think that the training ground isn't intrinsically linked to the history of the club or who might think that the club can very simply up sticks and train somewhere else: Sparrows Lane doesn't just comprise training pitches, offices, changing rooms and a car park, it's also the site of the memorial to Pierre Bolangi.  That cannot and must not be overlooked. 
  • Options
    I was told months ago that palace where after sparrows lane dont know how true that was but it was by someone at the Rugby club who also told me about them taking Charlton to court
    Maybe the Rugby Club are suing Roland and ESI don’t want to be part of that law suit? 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    There is a need for a Q+A meeting between the fans and ESI. Fans Forum ASAP . Not all questions re dosh will be answered (not should they) but directional strategy etc should be the focus.Plus they have said they want can engagement and that's a two way street.

Understand re Taylor I said in another thread his value isn't limitless. 

Looks like a tough two weeks !!

As always prepare for disappointment it's CAFC after all .

• Options

1 Who owns the club?

Snowflake alert
    I'm not offended by it at all mate, I just think it's a bit embarrassing for your good self
  • Options
    Official site posting a full interview with Matt S outlining his plans for the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Right. Now what can we moan about next. 
  • Options
    RedManS said:
    Why can we all not just be happy? They have committed to invest a further 15mil on the training facilities. We know why they haven't brought it right now as this would of taken us past January & the transfer window. Lets all stop being detectives & just enjoy the fact Roland is gone! Now to sell out Saturday & show the new owners what a fantastic club they have brought!!! Exactly. No doubt someone will say we need more than 15 million to finish the work.  
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    redbuttle said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Anyone saying A is a deviant and a traitor. 

I’ll happily take deviant.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    redbuttle said:
    CAFCsayer said:

I heard that rumour. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    redbuttle said:
    CAFCsayer said:

I’d heard that. 🤭
  • Options
    No, I insist on everyone shitting themselves as soon as any news breaks on any subject.
  • Options
    I've been reliably informed that the SL purchase will not go through until Tony clears up the mess he's left, which will include him personally filling in that bloody great trench he had dug and returfing over.