Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI own The Valley and have a commitment to buy the training ground within 6 months hmmmmmmmm

Comments

• Options
    There ya go then. £15m set to be invested in the training ground, plenty of money. Everyone needs to chill.
    Only £15m? Jumpers for goalposts money. 
  • Options
    Why have they announced the £15m 
    all the filthy builders , electricians , plumbers etc of South London rubbing their grubby robbing hands together ready to stitch em up when they look for a quote 
  • Options
    Why have they announced the £15m 
    all the filthy builders , electricians , plumbers etc of South London rubbing their grubby robbing hands together ready to stitch em up when they look for a quote 
    wow
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure there’s nothing to see here. If the only way to buy the club at the beginning of the transfer window meant delaying the purchase of the training ground for a few months, then fine. 
  • Options
    You all laughed at the six questions.

Not laughing now are you?  : - )

1 Who owns the club?

2 What's the business plan?

3 How is the plan being funded?

4 What are the plans for the Valley?

5 What are the plans for the training ground?

6 What's the exit strategy?

There maybe many positive reasons why Sparrows Lane hasn't been purchased yet IE a wish to submit a different planning application perhaps with links to multi million grant funding that RD dismissed, perhaps a dispute over the rugby club to be resolved.

There are also more negative ways to view it. No money, a property play, make your guesses here.

The way it has been released into the public domain, tagged on to a "bigger" story (not so IMHO) about Taylor does not instill confidence.

It does, perhaps, answer the question about why the completion of the takeover took longer than many expected.
    Who laughed? This constant who guessed right and who guessed wrong is nauseating
    Oh, come on, mate. I'm not always his biggest fan (and vice-versa) but he put the smiley there. He was joshing.

But the six questions themselves are not joshing. They are absolutely fundamental, and bear constant repetition because people lose sight of them and get lost in detail, rumour, and conspiracy theories.

I know, I saw it, but when it's on virtually every thread? Smiley face or not
    Snowflake alert
    I'm not offended by it at all mate, I just think it's a bit embarrassing for your good self
    Backtrack, backtrack : - )
  • Options
    WSS said:
    And there we go.  Rich could have just put that in the article!
    yep, he is starting to get on my tits with this sort of stuff
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So they have just bought Baton then.  This could get messy. 
    Just the FC, and the Valley from the Holdings company. Baton owns (owned) the lot. 
    If that was true ACV should have been invoked
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Just a quick reminder to anyone who might think that the training ground isn't intrinsically linked to the history of the club or who might think that the club can very simply up sticks and train somewhere else: Sparrows Lane doesn't just comprise training pitches, offices, changing rooms and a car park, it's also the site of the memorial to Pierre Bolangi.  That cannot and must not be overlooked. 
    which doesn't actually exist at present does it?
  • Options
    WSS said:
    It’s click bait . Who many hits do you think he got before he cleared up the confusion? 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    At risk of starting another hysterical outburst of worrying..........
    15 million houses and flats doesn’t seem a lot. 😂😂😂
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    RedManS said:
    Why can we all not just be happy? They have committed to invest a further 15mil on the training facilities. We know why they haven't brought it right now as this would of taken us past January & the transfer window. Lets all stop being detectives & just enjoy the fact Roland is gone! Now to sell out Saturday & show the new owners what a fantastic club they have brought!!!
    Because it's worth doing our own due diligence to ensure we know as much as we possibly can about our ownership. This £15m is great, sure. I'm very happy with that, on the surface.

But the questions do remain - why did this not get said straight away? Why are we only told this after we are first told the training ground hasn't yet been bought, with no further detail furnished?

I like Matt Southall. I like HE Tahnoon Nimer having fun on Instagram. I know nothing about Heller but let's assume he's a decent sort. But with our prior history of owners, we'd be silly not to look into everything we possibly can.

The same goes for politics, or an insurance policy, or buying a car, and so on.

The government can promise X new jobs/nurses/police officers, but how is that realised?

You might have low insurance premiums, but what's the excess, or any other sneaky charges?

The car might be reasonably priced, but what's really under the bonnet?

And - ESI have said all the right things, but what's the exact nature of the deal to take over and run the Club all of us hold so dear?
    You have just spouted a load of nonsense in my opinion. 

This has come from Richard Cawley, he is a journalist, he knew exactly what he was doing. The same way as he knew what he was doing when he 'forgot' to mention Taylor actually turned down the contract instead of not responding. They have a binding contract to buy SL within 6 months. 

Not even been in the job a week & people are already panicking.... Lets see what the interview with Southall later advises.

• Options
    Seriously lads and lasses - chill !
  • Options
    WSS said:
    It’s click bait . Who many hits do you think he got before he cleared up the confusion? 

And then more clicks when he posts the full info 
  • Options
    RedManS said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    RedManS said:
    Why can we all not just be happy? They have committed to invest a further 15mil on the training facilities. We know why they haven't brought it right now as this would of taken us past January & the transfer window. Lets all stop being detectives & just enjoy the fact Roland is gone! Now to sell out Saturday & show the new owners what a fantastic club they have brought!!!
    Because it's worth doing our own due diligence to ensure we know as much as we possibly can about our ownership. This £15m is great, sure. I'm very happy with that, on the surface.

But the questions do remain - why did this not get said straight away? Why are we only told this after we are first told the training ground hasn't yet been bought, with no further detail furnished?

I like Matt Southall. I like HE Tahnoon Nimer having fun on Instagram. I know nothing about Heller but let's assume he's a decent sort. But with our prior history of owners, we'd be silly not to look into everything we possibly can.

The same goes for politics, or an insurance policy, or buying a car, and so on.

The government can promise X new jobs/nurses/police officers, but how is that realised?

You might have low insurance premiums, but what's the excess, or any other sneaky charges?

The car might be reasonably priced, but what's really under the bonnet?

And - ESI have said all the right things, but what's the exact nature of the deal to take over and run the Club all of us hold so dear?
    You have just spouted a load of nonsense in my opinion. 

This has come from Richard Cawley, he is a journalist, he knew exactly what he was doing. The same way as he knew what he was doing when he 'forgot' to mention Taylor actually turned down the contract instead of not responding. They have a binding contract to buy SL within 6 months. 

Not even been in the job a week & people are already panicking.... Lets see what the interview with Southall later advises.

I mean you may disagree that we need to do it - and if so, fine - but in what way is advocating for research and due diligence a "nonsense" take?
  • Options
    And relax !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedManS said:
    Im sure some people get off from being negative & moaning about anything they can. 

We have literally just got rid of the worst owner in our history & some people still want to be negative about the whole situation. 

ESI could give away £1000 to each season ticket holder & some people on here would still moan!!

Just enjoy the fact we actually have an engaging chairman & an owner which is actually going to invest ffs. 

Once bitten, twice shy.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    It's all fun and games and not like he's waited days to clarify. Much rather have a journo like him who we know provides reliable information. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Right. Now what can we moan about next. 
    Fall back on the two old faithfuls is my suggestion.

Pot holes and chip portions.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Just a quick reminder to anyone who might think that the training ground isn't intrinsically linked to the history of the club or who might think that the club can very simply up sticks and train somewhere else: Sparrows Lane doesn't just comprise training pitches, offices, changing rooms and a car park, it's also the site of the memorial to Pierre Bolangi.  That cannot and must not be overlooked. 
    which doesn't actually exist at present does it?
    It does exist but has fallen into a rather poor state over the last few years.
    Evidently plans are afoot  to reinstate it.