Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI own The Valley and have a commitment to buy the training ground within 6 months hmmmmmmmm

12346»

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:
    RedManS said:
    Im sure some people get off from being negative & moaning about anything they can. 

We have literally just got rid of the worst owner in our history & some people still want to be negative about the whole situation. 

ESI could give away £1000 to each season ticket holder & some people on here would still moan!!

Just enjoy the fact we actually have an engaging chairman & an owner which is actually going to invest ffs. 

Once bitten, twice shy.
    If you include the last Murray regime and the Spivs it's thrice bitten.

I'm very positive about the takeover but that doesn't mean I don't want more information and more clarity.   We have an interview on the OS soon so hope we'll know more then.
    Looking forward to this. 

People can want more info and clarity but must allow the time for it to be shared. Right now I'd hope management are dealing with keeping us up first and foremost. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    not really
    all transactions contractually linked are relevant for the taxes that are due, simplistic staging of payments etc over time will be of negligible impact.  The tax authorities aren't quite as sophisticated as the tax payers and their advisors but they're not naive.
  • Options
    I WANT ALL THE INFORMATION AND I WANT IT NOW!!
  • Options
    I would be more concerned if they had just purchased the Club and not the ground.

I don't think the TG is a huge issue especially if RD has some legal shenanigans to overcome. 

• Options
    Ah, so we are not quite rid of the Belgian bun just yet?

Has he sectioned his trench off with lookout posts and barbed wire?

All questions that need answering... why?  Because it is CL!
  • Options
    I think "in 6 months" is actually "within 6 months".

Simple change in detail but makes a difference IMO.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think "in 6 months" is actually "within 6 months".

Simple change in detail but makes a difference IMO.
    or "Wi thin 6m on ths"
  • Options
    WSS said:
    RedManS said:
    Im sure some people get off from being negative & moaning about anything they can. 

We have literally just got rid of the worst owner in our history & some people still want to be negative about the whole situation. 

ESI could give away £1000 to each season ticket holder & some people on here would still moan!!

Just enjoy the fact we actually have an engaging chairman & an owner which is actually going to invest ffs. 

Once bitten, twice shy.
    Just once bitten ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    maybe they have moved the old Directors loans against the training ground value/asset and Roland has to sort that before clean title?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Just a quick reminder to anyone who might think that the training ground isn't intrinsically linked to the history of the club or who might think that the club can very simply up sticks and train somewhere else: Sparrows Lane doesn't just comprise training pitches, offices, changing rooms and a car park, it's also the site of the memorial to Pierre Bolangi.  That cannot and must not be overlooked. 
    But the memorial could be moved though particularly if Duchatelet has left it in a state of disrepair. Sparrow’s lane may be where Pierre trained but I don’t think moving the memorial garden is disrespectful. Arguably the opposite.

anyway I don’t think this will be necessary. Hopefully Duchâtelet has not an ambition for a high valuation due to unproven development potential (he has form) and a price has been agreed with only appropriate checks to be completed.

If duchatelet wants a high price based on x, y and z happening in the next 6 months and they happen and that price is then fair, all good.

otherwise if we have to spend £15m developing the facilities anyway, may be worth buying some undeveloped land elsewhere. Not sure how much there is though that is, undeveloped for housing, not capable of development for housing, not required for public access. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I've been reliably informed that the SL purchase will not go through until Tony clears up the mess he's left, which will include him personally filling in that bloody great trench he had dug and returfing over.
    I heard he had offered to assist the fill in by lying in the ditch while others pay money to charity to fill it in.

almost certainly a joke though and I wouldn’t love any reliance on that crazy rumour. 
  • Options
    razil said:
    rikofold said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So they have just bought Baton then.  This could get messy. 
    Just the FC, and the Valley from the Holdings company. Baton owns (owned) the lot. 
    If that was true ACV should have been invoked
    I know that applying for an ACV for Sparrows Lane Training Ground was discussed last year, but did it ever happen?
    If not, since The Valley was sold along with the club, presumably there was no reason for the ACV on The Valley to be invoked?   (Genuine questions)

This does suggest that once the dust has settled a bit, applying for an ACV on Sparrows might be a good idea.

It is a great pity ESI did not handle this better - looks as though they have not really comprehended the degree of mistrust which had built up under RD's ownership.  Hopefully they will learn quickly that it is better to be open with the fans whenever possible.

As for the actual situation, as I said on another thread, the Japanese bought STVV in stages rather than in one go (although that did not involve the Stayen stadium, which RD still owns), so clearly this is a practice RD is familiar with.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    N01R4M said:
    razil said:
    rikofold said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So they have just bought Baton then.  This could get messy. 
    Just the FC, and the Valley from the Holdings company. Baton owns (owned) the lot. 
    If that was true ACV should have been invoked
    I know that applying for an ACV for Sparrows Lane Training Ground was discussed last year, but did it ever happen?
    If not, since The Valley was sold along with the club, presumably there was no reason for the ACV on The Valley to be invoked?   (Genuine questions)

This does suggest that once the dust has settled a bit, applying for an ACV on Sparrows might be a good idea.

It is a great pity ESI did not handle this better - looks as though they have not really comprehended the degree of mistrust which had built up under RD's ownership.  Hopefully they will learn quickly that it is better to be open with the fans whenever possible.

As for the actual situation, as I said on another thread, the Japanese bought STVV in stages rather than in one go (although that did not involve the Stayen stadium, which RD still owns), so clearly this is a practice RD is familiar with.
    How else could they have handled it? They’ve been in the door two minutes and we have a detailed interview with our chairman coming up. Just because a journo tweeted about it then gave clarity two minutes later does not mean ESI have handled it badly IMO.
    Agreed
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

How else could they have handled it? They’ve been in the door two minutes and we have a detailed interview with our chairman coming up. Just because a journo tweeted about it then gave clarity two minutes later does not mean ESI have handled it badly IMO.
    Released the information under their own control through their own PR team on the Official Site, rather than trusting to luck what would appear having been filtered through a reporter and his editor?

I label this as minor cock-up, not conspiracy, but I hope they will have learnt from their naivety. 

There is a lot of good will awaiting them, but because of the past decade's experiences there is also a degree of suspicion and fear of the worst to be anticipated and managed.  People like @Ollywozere who have lived through the bad times with us would understand this and could be a great asset to the new owners if they are allowed to do their job of communicating with the fans.
  • Options
    Happy to take the explanation at face value, makes sense - they are keen to take control for the full transfer window so leave the ironing out of training ground issues to a side agreement rather than delay completion. The £15 million fund for development, if true, is further indication that we could be minted.

We’ll see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    This has been clearly explained. Purchase of the training ground would have delayed the takeover whilst due diligence etc was carried out.

Commitment to buy within 6 months and £15 million allocated for upgrades.

ESI are being very open in their day to day dealings. Don't expect the worst all the time. 
    100% This. 
  • Options
    Rich Cawley maybe has an editor or an editorial team that cut and rearrange his articles on occasions so not sure he can be fully blamed for what does or does not make the final copy in all instances.
    I will laugh out loud at the idea that Rich Cawley has a team cutting and rearranging his articles, so Rich Cawley doesn't have to.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    This thread is Charlton Life at its worst.
  • Options
    Rich Cawley maybe has an editor or an editorial team that cut and rearrange his articles on occasions so not sure he can be fully blamed for what does or does not make the final copy in all instances.
    This wasn't true 20 years ago when I was doing his job and things have gone backwards since then. 
  • Options
    This wasn't true 20 years ago when I was doing his job and things have gone backwards since then. 
    Brushing up your CV Airman? 😉
  • Options
    Big questions to answer. Are we more likely to get more points for the remainder of the season with Taylor up front or someone else? How much extra will that someone else cost? Will Jan prices be too premium for value? Is there still a willing £xm buyer for Taylor?

We took Taylor on and benefited from having previously run down his contract. We shouldn’t really be over surprised and up in arms when it’s later repeated.

Personally I think we keep Taylor til the summer. His goals worth more than a likely pittance of a transfer fee. This of course is on the proviso a better replacement isn't lined up, in which case he can fuck off!
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Why has nobody done a house analogy?

Like the time I bought my terraces house but said “I’ll have the garden off you in the summer.”?
    Because we’ve moved onto offices now!

Someone needs to get some air conditioning, because I think the windows open until the end of January!

I’ll get ...  don’t worry I’m Wearing it.