Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    If Bowyer signs I will feel a lot easier as he is closer to things than me and it would be a sign that he is content about things I am worried are significant issues. I have been consistent in that and I reckon a lot of players may feel similar, those with us and those considering joining us. For this reason, I will breath a sigh of relief when he signs tomorrow after those tiny little things that need sorting are sorted.

What I think we will hear is Bowyer saying, if he says anything at all, is that he needs to focus on Fulham. Which in some ways will be fair enough, but it won't resolve any of my concerns. When Bowyer signs, he is happy with ESI. That is the marker for me. If he does walk, he will not be saying negative things about his contract negotiations before it. That is obvious and why we need to see actions rather than words.
  • Options
    Maybe, just maybe if we hadn’t raised our hopes so high at the start we wouldn’t have our world come crashing down around our ears when we found ourselves hovering around the relegation area. If we’d had won one, drawn one, lost two at the start we wouldn’t have been talking about promotion but would have had more more realistic dreams. Maybe, just maybe. 
  • Options
    Maybe if we check back at statements from Southall our hopes wouldn't have been raised. Maybe?
  • Options

So one loss against Preston and he’s completely changed? He knew what the squad was when he said it on Friday. Nothing has drastically changed since then has it?
  • Options
    What he says publicly and what he thinks are not always going to be the same. Especially when he is negotiating a contract. But he must be getting a trifle peed off to say what he did after Preston. Like I have said, we need to see him sign now.
  • Options
    What he says publicly and what he thinks are not always going to be the same. Especially when he is negotiating a contract. But he must be getting a trifle peed off to say what he did after Preston. Like I have said, we need to see him sign now.
    How do you know what he thinks? Surely that is supposition from your side. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Yes it is, as it is supposition on your side to think he thinks differently. If he signs that contract I will review what is worrying me. I am basing what I think he thinks on what I would think and a few comments that he has made that a completely happy manager may not have made.. Bowyer will have known we were desperate for one or two on 1st of January because any manager would. Bowyer is a good manager, but even a bad manager will have worked that one out!
  • Options
    Lee has been firefighting since he’s been here, we need stability, not 10 plus injuries at the same time, we do t seem to do normal, whatever you define normal as.
  • Options
    Yes it is, as it is supposition on your side to think he thinks differently. If he signs that contract I will review what is worrying me. I am basing what I think he thinks on what I would think and a few comments that he has made that a completely happy manager may not have made.. Bowyer will have known we were desperate for one or two on 1st of January because any manager would. Bowyer is a good manager, but even a bad manager will have worked that one out!
    But that is the point ... it is what you think not what he thinks.

I’m not trying to start an argument, but you have to be honest, it is supposition, none of us know Lee’s thoughts. 

I read the story differently, but I’m not going to pretend that this reflects Lee’s approach. We have to wait and see and not put out our own ideas as belonging to Lee. 
  • Options
    Of course we do. I am saying we are both making assumptions and are maybe reaching different conclusions. It would be a boring forum if we didn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe if we check back at statements from Southall our hopes wouldn't have been raised. Maybe?
    Or Bowyer, the football man.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    If we don't get any in before Fulham and we lose I wouldn't be surprised if he walked.
    I would be very surprised. 
    I would be very very surprised.
    Stunned, flabbergasted.
  • Options
    LB said just two days ago that he was very very close to signing a new deal, just a couple of things need tweaking, both parties are keen to get it done. Where’s this new panic come from?
    We lost to Preston.
  • Options
    Preston had the best home record in the division , it was always going to be tough to get something out of the match, I thought the best we could have hoped was a point, we’re going to keep dropping points all the while players are out injured / we’re playing inexperienced kids at this level.
  • Options
    LB said just two days ago that he was very very close to signing a new deal, just a couple of things need tweaking, both parties are keen to get it done. Where’s this new panic come from?
    We lost to Preston.

So one loss against Preston and he’s completely changed? He knew what the squad was when he said it on Friday. Nothing has drastically changed since then has it?

• Options
    Preston had the best home record in the division , it was always going to be tough to get something out of the match, I thought the best we could have hoped was a point, we’re going to keep dropping points all the while players are out injured / we’re playing inexperienced kids at this level.
    Correct.
    https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/championship/2019-20/
  • Options
    Hadn't won in six is what I heard. less points than us from last six too! I must have heard wrong.
  • Options
    I think he smiled very slightly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he smiled very slightly. 
    I think it was more like a tiny hint of a grin.

However, although he didn't even blink, I'm sure his eyes were, ever so marginally wider, than up to that point. This probably indicates surprise. Couple that with the tiny hint of a grin and we have, Lee Bowyer was happily surprised. QED he will sign tomorrow.
  • Options
    Let's all hope so and I'm sure we can all agree that will be a big positive.
  • Options
    Are we any closer to getting this tied up? I thought this was a priority for ESI.
  • Options

• Options
    Worrying that Bowyer hasn’t signed yet given that there were supposedly only a couple of minor tweaks needed on his contract offer.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Worrying that Bowyer hasn’t signed yet given that there were supposedly only a couple of minor tweaks needed on his contract offer.
    Day off yesterday and in this morning for training in prep for Fulham. Probably had lunch, now watching some videos on the opposition etc. Potentially sit down with his agent this afternoon/evening then relate back to MS. Im still not ‘worried’