Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*******Bowyer SIGNED 3 YEAR DEAL (page 27 onwards )******

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:

Posting without reading. I heard Pedro Chirivella could be joining on loan.

Now that’s how you do a rumour. No messing about with vague hints and disappearing as soon as someone asks for a name.
    Is that aimed at me? 🙄
    You’re being complemented with not fucking about with riddles just wallop 

are we still offering shit wages or improved from what you’d previously heard ?
    Haven't heard anything else on that recently
     Do you know what is holding the Bowyer deal up?
    nope, money i guess
     Thought Bowyer had made it clear.

He wants a contract that has a guarantee for compensation for the full length of it.

Not just with a rolling 12 months compensation. Seems to be a real lack of belief in himself.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Reading between the lines based on “no one believes me” comment yesterday, Bowyer will walk...
    The new owners are ... never believed in it and might be worse than Roland 

It's been 18 days. 
    Since the person who wants to stay was offered a contract, which was apparently holding up signings....

The trouble with negotiating through the media, is all the bullshit is out in the open. 
  • Options
    Still no contract agreed. Pretty piss poor I’m afraid. 

Yup I’m ‘bed wetting’ or whatever the saying is. 
  • Options
    Doesn't look great does it?
  • Options
    Firstly.

We attracted the cast of that sell out West End play, Spivs.

Then

We went out and hooked a Belgian multi-millionare miser with a personality disorder.

Now

Watch this space!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He can sort those this afternoon. Hopefully he has better things to do this morning!
  • Options
    SLP:

"Director of football Steve Gallen is in talks with assistant manager Johnnie Jackson and goalkeeping coach Andy Marshall about extending their terms."

No wonder we've not made any new signings yet  ...... poor old Gallen is having to spend his time talking to Jacko and Marsh! :smile:

• Options
    Didn't Powell not sign a contract at one stage because he was waiting on Dyer and Matthew to get/sign thiers 1st?

Not saying its anything to worry about, just saying. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Didn't Powell not sign a contract at one stage because he was waiting on Dyer and Matthew to get/sign thiers 1st?

Not saying its anything to worry about, just saying. 
    Yeah, that does ring a bell. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

one comment on that underneath from the legendary J. Ackworth Esq :

'groundhog day when it comes to the transfer window Charlton just sit back do sweet f all and panic right on the final day to please fans this situation at the club has to stop we must be the only club have signed one player ffs!!! I would like the new owners to have a complete re think re vamp of the entire recruitment policy at the club as its gone very stail under the current set up needs freshening up a bit I was the one who recommended bonne to Charlton and I think me and gallen working together would work wonders and freshen things up a bit on player recruitment we need the pride back being a Charlton supporter come on board make this work lets look at the best players available from league one and two I have already past on 20 recommendations from eoin doyle to zeki fryers so no excuses we need at least 6 including new keeper and back 4 immedietly'

The airwaves haven't been booming with a flurry of clubs doing business. The odd player signs here and there but half the damn league probably hasn't signed more than 1 or 2 at this stage 
    Half the League haven't got *8,000 injuries and *25 loanees going back to their clubs

*Slight exaggeration in numbers but you get my drift !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    We have another plausible reason why Bowyer hasn't signed yet. Of course if it doesn't get done this week, they will probably have run out of anything plausible to chuck at us!
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

'groundhog day when it comes to the transfer window Charlton just sit back do sweet f all and panic right on the final day to please fans this situation at the club has to stop we must be the only club have signed one player ffs!!! I would like the new owners to have a complete re think re vamp of the entire recruitment policy at the club as its gone very stail under the current set up needs freshening up a bit I was the one who recommended bonne to Charlton and I think me and gallen working together would work wonders and freshen things up a bit on player recruitment we need the pride back being a Charlton supporter come on board make this work lets look at the best players available from league one and two I have already past on 20 recommendations from eoin doyle to zeki fryers so no excuses we need at least 6 including new keeper and back 4 immedietly'

The airwaves haven't been booming with a flurry of clubs doing business. The odd player signs here and there but half the damn league probably hasn't signed more than 1 or 2 at this stage 
    Half the League haven't got *8,000 injuries and *25 loanees going back to their clubs

Fair, and though desperate I know all of us are, if we go into player negotiations desperate and throw money at any player who comes calling, the other clubs are gonna jack the prices even more than usual, I wouldn't call that sustainable business. Laying in the weeds, waiting for the right player to become available, and getting him at the right price when will happen with patience. Maddison didn't come because his agent wanted an extra 1k a week for him. SG told Southall that he wasn't worth it. 

After tomorrow, we do not have another game until after the window closes. I think that's a pretty good position to be in if we want to get deals done
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

Fair, and though desperate I know all of us are, if we go into player negotiations desperate and throw money at any player who comes calling, the other clubs are gonna jack the prices even more than usual, I wouldn't call that sustainable business. Laying in the weeds, waiting for the right player to become available, and getting him at the right price when will happen with patience. Maddison didn't come because his agent wanted an extra 1k a week for him. SG told Southall that he wasn't worth it. 

After tomorrow, we do not have another game until after the window closes. I think that's a pretty good position to be in if we want to get deals done
    The player wanting an extra £1k a week wasn’t Maddison.
    I had assumed that from the article but it never actually mentioned the player. Do you know who it was?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

Who was it
  • Options
    Worrying that Bowyer hasn’t signed yet given that there were supposedly only a couple of minor tweaks needed on his contract offer.
    1. Length of contact
    2. Salary
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

I had assumed that from the article but it never actually mentioned the player. Do you know who it was?
    No, but the interview took place on the day of the West Brom league game (11th) and news of our bid being accepted for Maddison was two days later.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

No, but the interview took place on the day of the West Brom league game (11th) and news of our bid being accepted for Maddison was two days later.
    Ahh good shout
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

Who was it
    It may have been Armand Gnanduillet.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Scoham said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Scoham said:

Who was it
    It may have been Armand Gnanduillet.
    The article says midfielder.