Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Nice flick on Hemed. Shades of Yann...
    Christ, those must be some dark shades you’re wearing mate! 
    I make it 50
  • Options
    Posted at77'

Joseph Rafferty (Preston North End) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at77'

Foul by Tomer Hemed (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Oops forgot Dempsey was still playing
  • Options
    Come on lads, one big shunt
  • Options
    We are gonna piss league one next year. 
  • Options
    Posted at79'

Foul by Josh Harrop (Preston North End).

Posted at79'

Ben Dempsey (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    I'm seriously not sure what some people expect..........
    To be able to control the ball, pick out a player standing five feet away, mark players at a corner... Not much
  • Options
    Stop crossing it into the box!!!
  • Options

80' Lovely interplay between Nugent and Barkhuizen as the latter gets it in behind on his right side, but curls a low strike straight at Phillips. #pnefc 2-1

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    We are gonna piss league one next year. 
    I hope Sunderland aren't still in it....... 
  • Options
    Feels like we've run out of ideas.
  • Options
    Jesus if we get an equaliser I genuinely suspect a few on here will be disappointed so they cant say "told you so"
    Would love to be wrong but hey ho. 15/66 points but crack on and gloss over the facts.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    To be able to control the ball, pick out a player standing five feet away, mark players at a corner... Not much
    It's not for lack of trying though. The players just aren't good enough to keep up at this level.

• Options
    ok. I'll take Weegie's 2-2 now.

surely not another single goal defeat - how many would that be?  
    The only consolation would be that our goal difference is worth a point but only if the teams below don't pick up points.
    At least Wigan are losing. Clutching at any straws floating past. Can Bristol City and Brentford do us a favour?

• Options
    82' Preston sub | Johnson off, Ledson on. #pnefc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Finally getting into good areas but so many wasted crossing opportunities. Hate to say it, but Doughty as guilty as anyone. Needs to work on his delivery, currently very inconsistent. 
  • Options
    Jesus if we get an equaliser I genuinely suspect a few on here will be disappointed so they cant say "told you so"
    Would love to be wrong but hey ho. 15/66 points but crack on and gloss over the facts.
    Am curious by the way

You mentioned the other day you've seen Charlton involved in seven relegations and can see the writing on the wall

Surely you've also seen Charlton in a relegation battle where we've survived, the year Jose Riga pulled us to safety is one that spirngs to mind

Why is this year not like those seasons?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    It's not for lack of trying though. The players just aren't good enough to keep up at this level.

It's been practically every player today
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    That Bauer is decent

Yeah but could he do it on a big pitch like Wembley in front of a full house..........oh hang on!!
  • Options
    That Aguero looks mustard, can we sign him?
  • Options
    Er, your serene Highness,  you know that Championship club you bought a few weeks ago..?
  • Options
    85' Matthews fizzes in a deep, dangerous cross which only just clears the post, nearly sneaking in. #pnefc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Bristol C 1-0 Barnsley (I'm 99% sure)
  • Options
    Barnsley 1 down
  • Options
    Barnsley losing
    Very good news.
  • Options
    Bristol C 1-0 Barnsley (I'm 99% sure)
    Yes
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!