Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Barnsley losing. 

Small mercies. 
  • Options
    PLAY THE SIMPLE BALL FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!
  • Options
    Going forward we are atrocious
  • Options

86' Decent try from Nugent as Fisher's cross is cleared into his path, hooking it goalwards on the volley with Phillips down well to keep it out.

• Options
    89' Sinclair goes down looking for a penalty. No chance. #pnefc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Preston are one of the best teams I've seen at killing a game without scoring more goals than whats needed!!
  • Options
    Why the fuck hasnt Sinclair just been booked!!!!
  • Options
    Jesus if we get an equaliser I genuinely suspect a few on here will be disappointed so they cant say "told you so"
    Would love to be wrong but hey ho. 15/66 points but crack on and gloss over the facts.
    Am curious by the way

You mentioned the other day you've seen Charlton involved in seven relegations and can see the writing on the wall

Surely you've also seen Charlton in a relegation battle where we've survived, the year Jose Riga pulled us to safety is one that spirngs to mind

Why is this year not like those seasons?
    With Riga it was a false position as we had 3/4 home games in hand. If we sign 4 players we may stay up if there are 3 poor teams but existing squad with players being continually out or feigning injury are in freefall. 

I've been saying this since November btw how about some credit for that cos since that time slowly more and more are coming round to that view and seek to look for excuses why their predictions of us being ok is going awry.
  • Options
    Coming up to our last minute chance. Can we take it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least we are defensively sound
      Defense under immense pressure because...

• Options
    Maybe we should have tried to play football like we used to. 
  • Options
    89' Preston sub | Harrop replaced by Potts. #pnefc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    90+1 Four minutes added. #pnefc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Hudds draw
  • Options
    90+1 Corner Charlton. #pnefc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Jesus if we get an equaliser I genuinely suspect a few on here will be disappointed so they cant say "told you so"
    Would love to be wrong but hey ho. 15/66 points but crack on and gloss over the facts.
    Am curious by the way

You mentioned the other day you've seen Charlton involved in seven relegations and can see the writing on the wall

Surely you've also seen Charlton in a relegation battle where we've survived, the year Jose Riga pulled us to safety is one that spirngs to mind

Why is this year not like those seasons?
    With Riga it was a false position as we had 3/4 home games in hand. If we sign 4 players we may stay up if there are 3 poor teams but existing squad with players being continually out or feigning injury are in freefall. 

I've been saying this since November btw how about some credit for that cos since that time slowly more and more are coming round to that view and seek to look for excuses why their predictions of us being ok is going awry.
    I'll refuse to accept Relegation until it happens... Its not about realistic or not its about refusing to give up!!

As mentioned you've only been able to find a reason for one season when we've been in a relegation battle and survived when you say you've been watching us for 51-years

If a player came out after Preston and said "Yup relegation is a certainty" people would be slaughtering them on here for the defeatist comments!!

So why is it anymore acceptable for fans to say it too?
  • Options
    90+1 Pratley at the back stick, but it's headed over. #pnefc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Barnsley and Wigan losing makes it an ok day for us. Just need Forest to do the business tomorrow now.
  • Options
    It’s just all gone “Pete Tong” ..... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weds 0 B/burn 5
  • Options
    Poor Pratley can hardly stand up.
  • Options
    Barnsley and Wigan losing makes it an ok day for us. Just need Forest to do the business tomorrow now.
    True but we can't keep on relying on the others losing.
  • Options
    Regardless of Preston being canny and us being naïve, this has been the most frustrating game.
    I’ve lost count of how many times our opportunities have broken down because of poor decisions, poor communication and poor touches.
    Infuriating.
  • Options
    True but we can't keep on relying on the others losing.
    Yup. Never where you wanna be. 21st place lads, that's all we need
  • Options
    Another game where we weren't outplayed and could have got a point 🙈... heads starting to go down now. 
  • Options
    Luckily for us the teams below have also decided to be crap still. They need to get behind Bowyer though this can't go on. Such an easy season to stay up imo and then build for next season, just need some signings to get us over 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Weds 0 B/burn 5
    Massive result 
  • Options
    FT 2-1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!