Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Fulham | Wednesday 22 January | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Full throttle London derby. Similarly to West Brom we raise our game and frustrate Parker - 2 - 1 to us Green and Hemed. Knockaert for them
    Yeah defeat tomorrow for Fulham really will be a Knockaert blow!!
    If they play tomorrow, they’ll be tired out for our game on Wednesday!
    F**king Wednesday matches!!
  • Options
    Wonder how many Fulham players will be thinking of their one chance to face Man City @ the Eithad though rather than on our game

Get in their faces whenever possible, well and truly unleash Darren Pratley - Bet they wont want it getting scrappy
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Watched Fulham Friday and they were dump! Not good defensively at all! I think we will score it’s just how many we ship! We still have only lost by two clear goals on 2 occasions! I’m sticking with a Desmond the same as some others have already mentioned! 

Green and Doughty our scorers 
    Fulham last 10 games have either won or lost by 1 goal (with a 3-3 draw thrown in too).

Fancy a score draw too. 
  • Options
    I wonder if Aneke might be on the bench after his hat-trick, but hard to disagree with Sage.

Stoke winning tonight means they've collected ten points from their last five matches, while we've collected four. Can see their run continuing unfortunately, and the pressure increasing. Genuinely think Derby and Brum's potential points deductions might be something we'll be praying for in a couple of months.

Fulham are always tough opponents. Oztumer and Hemed looked decent on Saturday, but we need to improve our possession stats and our crossing. And our pressing, which we used to leave almost exclusively to Gallagher. 

Perhaps it'll be one of the nights when everything clicks?

2-3 with Taylor coming off the bench to score the winner (penalty).

Nurse!

• Options
    We haven't actually had a sherlacking yet.  Its also on Sky... the joy of it!

0-5 to Fulham

Lee inches closer to signing that contract.

Matt starts avoiding the lounges.
  • Options
    Wonder how many Fulham players will be thinking of their one chance to face Man City @ the Eithad though rather than on our game

Get in their faces whenever possible, well and truly unleash Darren Pratley - Bet they wont want it getting scrappy
    If WE were playing at the Etihad at the weekend it would be a massive distraction, but their team is full of players who've played there already...
  • Options
    Dont we have a terrible record against Fulham in general anyways?
  • Options
    1-3, Fulhams wingers/ Inside forwards are going to prove too much. Its a shame earlier in the season we played great against them and deserved 3 points
  • Options
    0-3 Fulham .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm heading down from Shropshire for this one, so I've got to be optimistic......2-2
  • Options
    Bad omens for this one......

We dont win local derbies
    We dont win night games at The Valley
    old boy (Parker) returning 
    No new players 
    Playing kids that are just not good enough 

Cant see anything but a defeat. 1-3.
  • Options

No new players 

It's just a game of football, Golfie.

You never know on the day, otherwise there would never be any FA Cup upsets.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

No new players 

It's just a game of football, Golfie.

You never know on the day, otherwise there would never be any FA Cup upsets.

Hmm.

We don't do FA Cup upsets ... unless we're on the receiving end of them.
  • Options
    I think Fulham will be too strong for us, but stranger things have happened and Cullen being back is massive for us.

2-1 loss.
  • Options
    HELP!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Every game I think we can win, and this one’s no different. However, bar one, my optimism has been unfounded in the last 16 games.

Would take a draw, but I’d like to see 2-1 to the Addicks, Sarr and Hemed.
  • Options
    john3 said:
    HELP!!!!!!!
    With? 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Remove the goals from the pitch - 0-0 draw. Simples!
    Just remove one of the goals and swap them around at half time. So long as it’s the goal we score in, who cares?
    Still 0-0 for me! Game is a week early for us, shame we couldn't put it back!
    It was our decision to change it to the 22nd instead of 29th. Had a conversation with another poster on here, and believe it is to allow us a period of time without distractions to get deals across the line before the window shuts.
    The only reason i can see us bringing it forward from the 29th is so that we have a full week, rather than 2 days, to prepare for the Barnsley game, which on the scheme of things is a much more important game to win.
  • Options
    I watched Fulham on TV a few days ago and I have to say they looked formidable.
    Having said that, I am going for a hard earned draw, with which I shall be very pleased.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-0 Charlton. 
    Davison and Hemed on the scoresheet and a clean sheet. 
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton. 
    Wooooooooo!!!! :)
  • Options
    Having said that, I am going for a hard earned draw, with which I shall be very pleased.
    Someone earlier in the thread said they looked crap on Friday!
  • Options
    For some bizarre reason I seem to know a lot of Fulham fans, several of them longstanding season ticket holders. They are not overly impressed with their performances despite their lofty league position. None of them think Parker is a good manager and all seem to think he will get the bullet at the end of the season.

They say he is not good enough to manage in The Prem (If they go up) and if they stay down he has failed.
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton. 
    Wooooooooo!!!! :)
    Heart over head. 

Pratley to wind Knockaert up in the 7th minute resulting in a red card. After that, anything can happen :) 
  • Options
    we need points (to state the bleedin obvious) and I think we'll get at least one tomorrow .. Fulham are having a great season but like all games in the Champ this season, there are no foregone conclusions ..
     I have no idea who is due back from injury and who will play, I am just convinced that the team tomorrow will show enough grit and pride to give Fulham a right fright

CAFC 1 v Fulham 1
  • Options
    Breaking news.... Ex Charlton toy thrower announces the strongest possible Fulham line up for their game against Man City Lite on Wednesday. 
    As Promotion is still the priority for Fulham, they will play their academy side in the FA cup against the bona fide Man City team on Saturday. 

• Options
    I wouldn't have thought that Fulham are that bothered about their FA Cup game at the weekend. Why would they be? It's a game they won't be expecting to win. 

Tomorrow night will be their only focus.  A win for them puts them just a point behind Leeds and two behind West Brom.  What more incentive do they need to put in a performance and get the three points tomorrow evening. 

• Options
    Someone earlier in the thread said they looked crap on Friday!
    Take it from me they were superb......especially in the first half.