Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters group meeting with Matt Southall - Friday 24th January

Comments

• Options
    Not quite sure from your post exactly who you are asking is wealthy.....Matt Southall or Sheik Nimmer.....or even the real No1 honcho (the head of the family), His Excellency Sheik etc etc etc?
    Nimer works for a Sheikh, but is not one himself. 
    Where does the “His Excellency” stuff come from? Is that a formal title bestowed upon him or has he just started calling himself it?
  • Options
    Was going to ask about the undersoil heating, it’s things like that, the state of the floodlights, things covered in thick dust and grim, that just make the place look a big rough, when with a little love it’ll be great 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    I would have asked if there is a project in hand to hook up the underground soil heating at The Valley to the long awaited boiler?
    Actually I can’t remember if there is a boiler somewhere in situ or one needs to be bought?

No boiler was ever installed. It is a requirement of the PL that undersoil heating is operational, but with "global warming" it may not ever be used.  
    I think we've only lost one game due to a frozen pitch since then, so on a purely financial basis it's touch and go whether it was a mistake or not
  • Options
    Not quite sure from your post exactly who you are asking is wealthy.....Matt Southall or Sheik Nimmer.....or even the real No1 honcho (the head of the family), His Excellency Sheik etc etc etc?
    Are you sure of that?
    I though his title is Sheik Saeed Bin Tahoon Nimmer.
    The No1 honcho (head of the extended family and also an investor ), is entitled to have the title of “His Excellency“ Sheik Saeed Bin Tahoon Bin Mohammed Al Nahyan.
    Is that correct?
  • Options
    cabbles said: I think that if you take the time to consider that we are being backed by the private sec to one of the ruling families of the UAE, this is big boy s*** for want of a better term.  
    This is where I’m confused , the private secretary of someone super duper wealthy , does that mean our man is wealthy as in more money than sense in order to burn money slowly on this project .
    No idea how it works out there but would a secretary of a rich person be loaded enough or is he trying to raise the capital through his contacts or prolly a bit of both .
    What I’m saying is is he loaded or not ! 

I don’t think Nimer is super wealthy, it’s more his connections to the very wealthy and his position that I believe he will leverage to make us successful.  

I am only picking up on what was said by those on here based out in the Middle East and the fact that Nimer is himself, head of a business that has a portfolio of 60 successful businesses 

I believe this has to be success for him and the family he represents, so they will make a good fist of it

The sustainably angle is pleasing to me, and I appreciate that they are being well advised PR wise, but, the one thing I am confident of is that they will not want any ties to RD.  

I do think people may not be as ‘whelmed’ as they were at the start of the month with incomings, but I don’t believe that will be down to ESI, more due to the fact we won’t get value for money and won’t be held to ransom.  I’m okay with that, hope others will be too, understand if that’s not the case come the 31st 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I just want Duchâtelet out completely, regardless of assurances that ESI own the leasehold. I don’t trust Roland an inch. 
    Yep. I can entirely see why ESI would have wanted to structure the deal in such a way as a result of the time pressures relating to the transfer window, but I don't trust Roland not to shaft us given the opportunity. Until he's completely gone I'm not going to be happy.
    I just can't see how he can given the contracts that have been in place from before, and the calibre of business people he's dealing with, with regards to HE / Heller and their teams, not so much MS.

Agree.

If there's a stitch up coming (and I'm not expecting one) then it would be two sheds on the receiving end.
  • Options
    Are you sure of that?
    The No1 honcho (head of the extended family and also an investor ), is entitled to have the title of “His Excellency“ Sheik Saeed Bin Tahoon Bin Mohammed Al Nahyan.
    Is that correct?

If he was a Sheikh it would be HH, not HE.

He is definitely not an Al Nahyan family member
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Where does the “His Excellency” stuff come from? Is that a formal title bestowed upon him or has he just started calling himself it?
    His Excellency Henry Irving.....has a ring to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    aliwibble said:
    I just want Duchâtelet out completely, regardless of assurances that ESI own the leasehold. I don’t trust Roland an inch. 
    Yep. I can entirely see why ESI would have wanted to structure the deal in such a way as a result of the time pressures relating to the transfer window, but I don't trust Roland not to shaft us given the opportunity. Until he's completely gone I'm not going to be happy.
    I just can't see how he can given the contracts that have been in place from before, and the calibre of business people he's dealing with, with regards to HE / Heller and their teams, not so much MS.

Agree.

If there's a stitch up coming (and I'm not expecting one) then it would be two sheds on the receiving end.
    That's called a "Carlsberg" take over 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said: I think that if you take the time to consider that we are being backed by the private sec to one of the ruling families of the UAE, this is big boy s*** for want of a better term.  
    This is where I’m confused , the private secretary of someone super duper wealthy , does that mean our man is wealthy as in more money than sense in order to burn money slowly on this project .
    No idea how it works out there but would a secretary of a rich person be loaded enough or is he trying to raise the capital through his contacts or prolly a bit of both .

I don’t think Nimer is super wealthy, it’s more his connections to the very wealthy and his position that I believe he will leverage to make us successful.  

I am only picking up on what was said by those on here based out in the Middle East and the fact that Nimer is himself, head of a business that has a portfolio of 60 successful businesses 

I believe this has to be success for him and the family he represents, so they will make a good fist of it

The sustainably angle is pleasing to me, and I appreciate that they are being well advised PR wise, but, the one thing I am confident of is that they will not want any ties to RD.  

I do think people may not be as ‘whelmed’ as they were at the start of the month with incomings, but I don’t believe that will be down to ESI, more due to the fact we won’t get value for money and won’t be held to ransom.  I’m okay with that, hope others will be too, understand if that’s not the case come the 31st 
    It is of course nigh on impossible to know the exact wealth of these individuals.
    I have read that Sheik Nimmer (I shall continue to call him a Sheik until I am categorically informed otherwise), has 60 companies in his portfolio with net value of between 15 to18 billion ! How much of that he actually has at his disposal is of course another thing altogether.
    His Excellencies wealth is equally ambiguous, with the extended families wealth estimated at 10 times that.
    Who knows the truth of the matter, given that we are talking figures here that are beyond being conceivable. Let’s say even if they are worth only 10% of those figures being touted, we are still talking very very serious wonga!
    Another thing of course is how readily large sums are currently available either personally or corporate and just what they are prepared to spend both in the short and long term.
    ”May you live in interesting times.”
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    "May you live in interesting times" is a curse !
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    aliwibble said:

Agree.

Is that the two_sheds living in a modest terraced house in Milton Keynes?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Dansk_Red said:
    I would have asked if there is a project in hand to hook up the underground soil heating at The Valley to the long awaited boiler?
    Actually I can’t remember if there is a boiler somewhere in situ or one needs to be bought?

No boiler was ever installed. It is a requirement of the PL that undersoil heating is operational, but with "global warming" it may not ever be used.  
    I think we've only lost one game due to a frozen pitch since then, so on a purely financial basis it's touch and go whether it was a mistake or not
    I would just like to be able to smirk at fans of other clubs saying we have undersoil heating.  B)
  • Options
    Are you sure of that?
    Is that correct?
    No.

His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer is the head of the Private Office ( read sovereign wealth fund) of Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahoon Mohammed Al Nayan.

As I understand it there are several ‘Royal’ families in the UAE and based around Abu Dhabi.

There is no direct link of money from the Royal Family (est net worth $15bn) to ESI. 

His Excellency is an homofiric title that I remember reading can be given by the Royal families to extremely trusted advisers. That is His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer. 

No one really knows how much money of his own or of the Royal Family is being invested. Probably never know. 
    You have a typo.
    It's honorific not homofiric.

Honorific adjective
    1. given as a mark of respect but having few or no duties.
      "he was elevated to the honorific status of ‘Dom’"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    cabbles said:

It is of course nigh on impossible to know the exact wealth of these individuals.
    I have read that Sheik Nimmer (I shall continue to call him a Sheik until I am categorically info
    rmed otherwise),
     has 60 companies in his portfolio with net value of between 15 to18 billion ! How much of that he actually has at his disposal is of course another thing altogether.
    His Excellencies wealth is equally ambiguous, with the extended families wealth estimated at 10 times that.
    Who knows the truth of the matter, given that we are talking figures here that are beyond being conceivable. Let’s say even if they are worth only 10% of those figures being touted, we are still talking very very serious wonga!
    Another thing of course is how readily large sums are currently available either personally or corporate and just what they are prepared to spend both in the short and long term.
    What do you want a personal letter from HE telling you that he is not a Sheikh ? :-)

In your post you have them the wrong way round.

The Sheikh is Al Nahyan.     (Remember the Sheikh is called Al,   "call me Al").

His top employee is Nimer.

Nimer runs the office of the Sheikh controlling 60 companies.

Nimer is not royalty, the His Excellency title was bestowed/given to him, presumably by the Sheikh.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I have read that Sheik Nimmer (I shall continue to call him a Sheik until I am categorically informed otherwise), has 60 companies in his portfolio with net value of between 15 to18 billion ! How much of that he actually has at his disposal is of course another thing altogether.
    Who knows the truth of the matter, given that we are talking figures here that are beyond being conceivable. Let’s say even if they are worth only 10% of those figures being touted, we are talking very very serious wonga!
    ”May you live interesting times.”
    His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer is categorically not a Sheikh.

Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, is a Sheikh. They are not the same person. 

I know that!!!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

He is a portfolio manager , I’m not sure whoever is trusting him with their gazillions  would have spunk some dough on a football club in SE7 as part of their remit for a punt 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    cabbles said:
    AFKA’s started asking all the other mods to refer to him as his excellency now as well.  Bloody honorificism gone mad 

But who bestowed the title? Not sure it works if the person bestows it on themselves.

Was it that @i_b_b_o_r_g ?
  • Options
    Are you sure of that?
    Is that correct?
    No.

His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer is the head of the Private Office ( read sovereign wealth fund) of Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahoon Mohammed Al Nayan.

As I understand it there are several ‘Royal’ families in the UAE and based around Abu Dhabi.

There is no direct link of money from the Royal Family (est net worth $15bn) to ESI. 

His Excellency is an homofiric title that I remember reading can be given by the Royal families to extremely trusted advisers. That is His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer. 

No one really knows how much money of his own or of the Royal Family is being invested. Probably never know. 
    You have a typo.
    It's honorific not homofiric.

Honorific adjective
    1. given as a mark of respect but having few or no duties.
      "he was elevated to the honorific status of ‘Dom’"
    Thanks, yes was a typo. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Trust shouldn't come into it, if there are legally binding contracts.
    Contracts are easily amended and messily ignored, happens every day.
    I just can't see ESI getting knocked by RD, which is the context of Arsenetatters' post. If anything, I reckon RD would be the one to get his fingers burnt, out the two 
    As well as not trusting Roland I also want him to have absolutely nothing to do with any aspect of the club. I want him out completely, no sign of his name on anything to do with Charlton. 
    100%

With zero involvement of him can make thousands rest easy for our futurre.