Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters group meeting with Matt Southall - Friday 24th January

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    Pitches don't have French Drains, they would only go beside a pitch. It's a trench with a land drain at the bottom that is back filled with pea gravel. It can help reduce the water table and as there is no soil/turf on the top, it takes surface run off away quickly to the land drain and away. 

Ideal for use close to buildings with no damp proof course. Maybe we are saving money on construction costs 😉

The idea was some bloke in America called French.
    Are you also into trains? 
    More like trams, now if only we had a CL expert on Grove Park that can tell me about this image.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Is that @i_b_b_o_r_g cycling past the tram on his way to his shop?

If that was 1950, that isn't our Expat on the road ? No he's on the pavement with his stabilisers. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    that's just before you get to the bike and toy shop on the right and ahead is the station with Waltons fruit and veg to the right of the station -  I remember it well
  • Options
    once the trams left they built a bus station round the corner and the 36B took over from the trams 

think I'll stop now - sad!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Better on a Lambretta mate
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Oggy Red said:

From his shop. I think i’m right it’s the background or just to the left of those. ???
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

From his shop. I think i’m right it’s the background or just to the left of those. ???
    Cant zoom in mate, and can't tell on me phone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Henry Irving, can you clarify The Valley/Sparrows Lane ownership status please.
    I know razil has commented, but do you agree ?
    Thanks.

What MS said was ESI own the bricks and mortar, and pitch, but not the surrounding land.

ESI will, according to MS, own everything in six months.

He understands why fans are uneasy about the separation of club and some of the ground for historical reasons but as he explained later it was less of an issue for ESI as they don't need to leverage (borrow against) the Valley to fund the takeover, unlike other potential buyers.

Hence also why, according to MS, the old directors bonds are not an issue while they were for others.

It's late, more tomorrow
    I would think it’s all the land (the freehold), not just the surrounding land i.e. the car park. 
    You have been spouting quite a lot of crap over the last couple of years and im glad to finally not have to read anymore about aussies. No offence meant
    “No offence meant”! Brilliant!

I didnt really word that very well so i can only apologise for that. Just meant im glad all the takeover crap can stop and James can chat about other stuff ...he can still talk crap like the rest of us do 90% of the time. Sorry James. 
    No worries cobber. 
  • Options
    So we all happy or not?
    So we all happy or not?

I'll be happy when the playing staff is substantially strengthened .. all the chat about who owns what particular square inch of land at the Valley and Sparrows Lane is incidental to success on the pitch
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Henry Irving, can you clarify The Valley/Sparrows Lane ownership status please.
    I know razil has commented, but do you agree ?
    Thanks.

What MS said was ESI own the bricks and mortar, and pitch, but not the surrounding land.

ESI will, according to MS, own everything in six months.

He understands why fans are uneasy about the separation of club and some of the ground for historical reasons but as he explained later it was less of an issue for ESI as they don't need to leverage (borrow against) the Valley to fund the takeover, unlike other potential buyers.

Hence also why, according to MS, the old directors bonds are not an issue while they were for others.

It's late, more tomorrow
    I would think it’s all the land (the freehold), not just the surrounding land i.e. the car park. 
    You have been spouting quite a lot of crap over the last couple of years and im glad to finally not have to read anymore about aussies. No offence meant
    “No offence meant”! Brilliant!

I didnt really word that very well so i can only apologise for that. Just meant im glad all the takeover crap can stop and James can chat about other stuff ...he can still talk crap like the rest of us do 90% of the time. Sorry James. 
    No worries cobber. 
    Fair dinkum👍🏻
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    So we all happy or not?
    So we all happy or not?

I'll be happy when the playing staff is substantially strengthened .. all the chat about who owns what particular square inch of land at the Valley and Sparrows Lane is incidental to success on the pitch
    Well yes, of course that’s a given for all of us......but a few other burning issues also play a huge part in our overall happiness in being contented fans.
    So don’t for one moment overlook them, you do so at your peril!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    So we all happy or not?
    So we all happy or not?

I take it you were happy not playing at The Valley for 7 years then mate?!
    the meeting so far as I have read, and I confess that is not every word of this particular topic, has ascertained that ESI owns the Valley, though how is not quite clear, ESI has grandiose plans to turn Sparrows Lane into a multi million pound state of the art training complex, but somehow does not own the parking lot at the Valley. These topics have been considered and commented by 99% of the reports on here by people who seem to be more interested in property development than football. The meeting seems to have bypassed pretty much entirely, or the panel threw no light on the question of team strengthening, I assume, as I was not there.

I am deliriously happy with the fact that there are lovely drawings of potential plans for Sparrows Lane and that, as I write, ESI 'owns' the Valley.
     However I will not be entirely happy until the playing staff is strengthened  to prevent us slipping back into L1 when the Valley will once again be  third full mausoleum, and people, like your good self @ElfsborgAddick will not bother going to games, although I appreciate that you were a 'Duchatelet Boycotter' and will  now be buying a season ticket for the rest of the season
  • Options
    just a reminder of what was discussed with The Chairman