Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Fulham | Wednesday 22 January 2020

Comments

• Options
    Lack of quality in the final third is hurting us. Anyone's game here though, need to not concede early this second half.
  • Options
    A competitive game so far and the lads have played well. Thought Fulham marginally edged it without creating any big openings.

No surprise it’s nil nil when both teams are out there without first choice striking options. Lyle and Williams could change the dynamic of this game quickly.
  • Options
    Sing loud to make up for me. 
    We have to get something from this. 
    COYR. 
  • Options
    Not bad, that first half.

Fulham dominated possession, as expected, but haven't really threatened Dillon's goal too much.

Doughty has had a very good half and had a couple of lightning-quick breaks from defence. The first one was down the right wing but didn't want to use his right foot to square it when the cavalry arrived. Second time he broke through the middle but shew too much of the ball to the defender. He shew a good turn of speed on both occasions.

Cullen has been trying to orchestrate our attacks from centre-half-back but it's difficult to create anything when we don't have the ball.

Can we get through the first 15 minutes of the second half without conceding? How about the first minute? Tiny steps and all that ...

If it's still goalless with 20 mins to go I'd like to see Jonny and Lyle given a run out hopefully to conjure a bit of magic and a winner!
  • Options
    Also Hemed needs the ball to feet.

Despite being a bigish lump, he has never been a target man and we should stop trying to use him as one.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    To be fair, that was a poor half from us. 30% possession and only one effort at goal - not on target.

But I'd take the exact same second half all day if the score stays the same.
    Far from ‘poor’
    Really? 30% possession and no shots on target? At home?

That's not exactly great in anyones book is it, surely?

I know things are bad, but if you start pretending that's good then things have really gotten to a sorry state.

But as I said, I'll take the same again all day long.
    On our form and the standard of the opposition?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    To be fair, that was a poor half from us. 30% possession and only one effort at goal - not on target.

Far from ‘poor’

I know things are bad, but if you start pretending that's good then things have really gotten to a sorry state.

Game management isn't it? Surely everyone would've taken nil nil at half time. 
  • Options
    Well we're well outclassed but there are 11 players out there in red shirts who are giving it everything and you can't ask for more than that. 

Team is playing very deep. Hopefully Taylor will come on some time next half and we might be able to push up a bit

Completely outclassed but can't fault the effort. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Far from ‘poor’

Fulham are a class team and playing some nice football. Charlton have stood up to them well and are defending in depth. Going toe to toe with Fulham would be suicidal and as such, we are obviously going to have less possession. 
  • Options
    Lyle is putting his coat on walking towards the tunnel... something obviously been said
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are in desperate need of long term energetic centre mids who can pass and move the ball forwards. Every season we are chopping and changing in that position or relying on loans, need some consistency there. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Far from ‘poor’

And at full time.

With no new injuries.
  • Options
    Fulham should be strolling this but they are making hard work of it . We don’t look like scoring in a month of Sunday’s .
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Lyle is putting his coat on walking towards the tunnel... something obviously been said

"get your coat, son - you've been sold."
  • Options
    "Get your coat pet, you've pulled"?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Far from ‘poor’

Absolutely
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Nothing silly early on. Would be nice
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    "Get your coat pet, you've pulled"?
    Injured in thr half time warm up?

Strewth! Rotten luck!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Far from ‘poor’

We beat Brentford 1-0 at home this season with 32% possession.

We beat Leeds 1-0 at home this season with 28% possession. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Also Hemed needs the ball to feet.

Despite being a bigish lump, he has never been a target man and we should stop trying to use him as one.
    Can tell from day one he was this type of player. He’s a unit but he’s a footballer rather than a bully. He can no doubt use his body when the balls into his feet. Winds me up cos he’s big that people immediately expect him to be some sort of target man just there to win flick ons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it me or does Hemed constantly mistime his jumps?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Is it me or does Hemed constantly mistime his jumps?
    Hey!  That was never proven!
  • Options
    Come on boys. Sunnier days are not far away. 
  • Options
    We're underway, 2nd half:

46' Early corner for the Addicks.

46' Cullen's delivery is decent enough, but Fulham head clear.
  • Options
    No subs?
  • Options

Attendance: 
    16,424 here, 2,337 from Fulham

• Options
    That's the first five minutes survived. Just!
  • Options
    Should be 1 down there. Is this our night? 
  • Options
    51' Hector has to score for Fulham. Free header at the far-stick from the corner, nods it the wrong side of the upright. Let off.
  • Options
    No subs?
    Why?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!