Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Fulham | Wednesday 22 January 2020

Evening all,

With Bowyer penning his "3 year extension", that's one worry out of the way.

Let's hope it motivates the lads tonight and we give it our best shot.

Team will be up in a few minutes.

Comments

• Options
    Cullen starts
    Taylor on bench
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Charlton: Phillips; Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce (C), Purrington; Cullen, Pratley, Morgan; Oztumer, Doughty, Hemed

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Sarr, Oshilaja, Dempsey, Williams, Taylor, Green

• Options
    Bloody hell! Didn’t expect so many back! Feel confident now.
  • Options
    Phillips
    Matthews - Lockyer - Pearce - Purrington
    Morgan - Cullen - Pratley - Doughty
    Oztumer
    Hemed
  • Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    From the OS:

Josh Cullen will start for the Addicks tonight for the first time since suffering an ankle injury in Charlton’s 2-2 draw with Cardiff City in November.

The midfielder is one of six changes to the starting lineup for this evening’s game against Fulham at The Valley and there is also a return for Lyle Taylor to the bench.

Jason Pearce, Ben Purrington, Albie Morgan, Erhun Oztumer and Tomer Hemed all return to the side with Naby Sarr, Deji Oshilaja, Ben Dempsey, Jonny Williams and Andre Green moving to the bench, joining Taylor and Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

It means the Addicks could line up and a 4-3-3 formation with Dillon Phillips in goal behind a back four of Adam Matthews, Tom Lockyer, Pearce and Purrington. 

Cullen is expected to be joined in midfield by Darren Pratley and Albie Morgan with Oztumer and Alfie Doughty either side of Hemed.

Bowyer could also operate a 4-2-3-1 formation with Oztumer in the number 10 role behind Hemed. 

Charlton: Phillips; Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce (C), Purrington; Cullen, Pratley, Morgan; Oztumer, Doughty, Hemed

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Sarr, Oshilaja, Dempsey, Williams, Taylor, Green

Watch this evening's game wherever you are in the world on Valley Pass. To find out how to purchase a pass for the game click here.

• Options
    Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Pearce Purrington 
    Cullen Pratley Morgan 
    Oztumer Doughty
    Hemed

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised Cullen is starting but no Field in the squad. Thought Field would be ahead of Cullen in terms of recovery. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Phillips
    Cullen Pratley Morgan 
    Oztumer Doughty
    Hemed

Don’t enjoy any game when we our main mode of attack is Purrington back to Pearce 
  • Options
    Chris Solly not on the bench again.
  • Options
    Strong bench tonight. Good to see 
  • Options
    On the bus and forgotten my glasses. Last time i forgot them we had a very boring nil nil draw. I would be happy with that tonight. COYA
  • Options
    May be the dreaded 4231

Phillips
    Pratley Cullen
    Oztumer Morgan Doughty
    Hemed
  • Options
    Obviously those who are "back" are not going to be at 100% fitness or effectiveness so Bowyer is going to have to be careful about his substitutions, but good to see that they are slowly coming back into the team.

I hope Hemed gets a goal, I do think he's been unlucky so far with injuries etc and with our current situation an experienced striker hitting form would be invaluable.
  • Options
    We're going to win this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    With Hemed getting his first start, there's no room for young Josh Davison ...... the lad has done his best though, despite being a huge step up from non-League.

Yeah a bit disappointed for him
  • Options
    No Knockaert for Fulham, which I like but Arter will probably have a blinder instead. 

• Options
    Best game Lockyer and Pearce have had against Fulham away, more of the same tonight please lads.
  • Options
    Probably needs a rest but thought Davison would be on the bench. Can Taylor play 80 mins if Hemed gets injured early doors? Assume Doughty a wing back and if so midfield a bit pedestrian.
  • Options
    Love that line up. Marking Hemed down for his first Addicks goal tonight. COYR
  • Options
    Attacking options on the bench 🤩

Bowyer will magically become a better tactician just by having those options.

Who’s missing - is it just JFC, Bonne, Field, Amos and Page? Anyone else?
  • Options
    If we can keep Cavaleiro quiet I fancy we might get something tonight. He’s a proper player.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    On the bus and forgotten my glasses. Last time i forgot them we had a very boring nil nil draw. I would be happy with that tonight. COYA
    Also looking on the bright side you won't miss any goals 😉.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!