Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Fulham | Wednesday 22 January 2020

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Doughty is faster than I realised. Seems twice the player of Morgan who has regressed massively.
    he is absolutely rapid, his acceleration is crazy as well, leaves full backs behind 
    Doing so well as he has been thrust too quickly into being a full time first teamer.  
    he makes the squad now no matter who is back from injury imo, great versatile player. Great potential 
    100% from me.  I'd like to see him get the chance to take a break, catch his breath and then be a first choice against returners.
  • Options
    44' Decordova-Reid gets in behind and fires straight at Phillips.
  • Options
    Good save Phillips.
  • Options
    They're certainly working hard out there. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    44' Decordova-Reid gets in behind and fires straight at Phillips.
    Mistake by Pearce... Imagine it was Naby
  • Options
    45+1 One minute added.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    This is feeling like a Lyle Taylor moment....
  • Options
    Bring on Taylor .
  • Options
    0-0 halftime. Well done boys.
  • Options
    Well done lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HALF-TIME | A good showing from the Addicks in the first 45 and we head into the break goalless.
  • Options
    Worked very hard 1st half and happy to be level. Must try not to give the ball away so cheaply. Super subs will be needed i fear...
  • Options
    Hardwork closing down a slick Fulham side, their 19 is a dirty cheat lucky he isn't very convincing.
  • Options
    To be fair, that was a poor half from us. 30% possession and only one effort at goal - not on target.

But I'd take the exact same second half all day if the score stays the same.
  • Options
    Taylor and Williams on. What a lift that would be.... come on let’s avoid a relegation fight and really go for it 
  • Options
    It's amazing how few headers Hemed wins for someone who jumps with so much purpose. 
  • Options
    Well done boys. Would probably take a point now if offered. Need to do better with our corners and freekicks though. 
  • Options
    Decent first half that. Fulham have had a lot of possession but have not really done much with it.

• Options
    First Half performance is why Ive stressed our lack of a midfield has been a strong factor in our form - Today we've had the experience to release the ball at the right time, protect the defence by holding position and winning smart free kicks

Cullen under pressure from two Fulham players midway in our half - Wins a free kick by going down, instantly slows the game and gives relief to the back four

Credit to Fulham they know how to make possession count (their 4-1 win over Millwall proof of this) but whilst we've not been pretty at times we've been damned professional, despite a couple of early chances they've not had a sniff and have resorted to playing pretty passes with no end product

Of course that can all change second half but reminds me of the game on monday when Stoke put in a similar defensive display - there were comments on here saying we couldnt do that, on this showing how wrong can they be

All we need now is a goal!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We don't seem to be creating much ..... just 1 shot, not on target. Plus 3 corners.

Fulham: 5 shots, 3 on target. 5 corners.

We're competitive though.
  • Options
    Well we're well outclassed but there are 11 players out there in red shirts who are giving it everything and you can't ask for more than that. 

Team is playing very deep. Hopefully Taylor will come on some time next half and we might be able to push up a bit

• Options
    Thanks for the updates so far lads. Fingers crossed for the second half.
  • Options
    Hmmm. Battled hard & stood resolute......but having really created anything. Dougherty has great pace & should be on the left so he can put in a final ball. Then again no-one us fast enough to keep up with him. 

Fulham look dangerous & is only a matter of time before they score. If we can get to 70 mins with it still 0-0 we might gave half a chance. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    We don't seem to be creating much ..... just 1 shot, not on target. Plus 3 corners.

Fulham: 5 shots, 3 on target. 5 corners.

We're competitive though.

Final ball hasn't quite come off a couple of times though, Hemed, Doughty and Purrington have all found themselves in good positions in the penalty area, but their attempted passes have been intercepted or the wrong option.

We don't take a lot of shots, Bowyer's focus is on creating a lower number of high quality chances, not on creating just lots of lower percentage chances.
  • Options
    I think we've looked better tonight. They are rapid going forward but we are covering staunchly. Great to have Cullen back even if a bit rusty. Ben Purr looking solid so far too.

All to play for. 

COYA!
  • Options
    Fulham 90% passing accuracy 
    Decent side. Reckon we’ve got a great chance here though. Get that feeling. Taylor. 
  • Options
    Purrington been my MOTM so far

So much better suited to the Left-Back role
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    To be fair, that was a poor half from us. 30% possession and only one effort at goal - not on target.

But I'd take the exact same second half all day if the score stays the same.
    Far from ‘poor’
    Really? 30% possession and no shots on target? At home?

That's not exactly great in anyones book is it, surely?

I know things are bad, but if you start pretending that's good then things have really gotten to a sorry state.

But as I said, I'll take the same again all day long.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!