Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Fulham | Wednesday 22 January 2020

Comments

• Options
    Davison has been decent in his cameo in the first team, I'd have started him up alongside Hemed tonight and had Morgan on the bench
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Does anyone know if Pratley is the only player close to a ban for yellow cards? 
    Yes, think so.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Does anyone know if Pratley is the only player close to a ban for yellow cards? 
    Just Pratley, on nine yellows. His next yellow will be a two match ban.

Lockyer on seven, is three cards away from a two match ban.

Everyone else is on four cards or less and I believe the five card deadline passed some weeks ago.
  • Options
    Can anyone else see if this is on Sky Sports Football as suggested in pre match thread. I've only got Scottish Premiership ☹️
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    With Hemed getting his first start, there's no room for young Josh Davison ...... the lad has done his best though, despite being a huge step up from non-League.

Yeah a bit disappointed for him

A bit of perspective though.

A year ago, as a raw teenager playing for Enfield Town way down the football pyramid, he could never have dreamed that he'd get a run of games in the Championship, scoring a vital goal against the League leaders.

Regardless of how well he's played overall, he struggled a bit last weekend against experienced centre backs.
    It won't do him any harm to be rested now - plus the experience gained will stand him in good stead in future.
    Oh god yeah - In all fairness his performance wasnt good enough on Saturday for that of a Championship striker

Just a shame he's not at least on the bench

But end of the day there is no room for sentiment in the game nor is there room in the matchday squad for everyone
    We couldn't fill the match day squad 5 days ago! 
  • Options
    Can anyone else see if this is on Sky Sports Football as suggested in pre match thread. I've only got Scottish Premiership ☹️
    Red button mate
  • Options
    Red button on that channel @ 19:40 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Poor old Andre Green looks like Billy No Mates, last, glum and lonely.

For some reason I am always shocked at just how small Oztumer is! 
  • Options
    Red button on that channel @ 19:40 
    Or SkySports App. I hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Attacking options on the bench 🤩

Bowyer will magically become a better tactician just by having those options.

Who’s missing - is it just JFC, Bonne, Field, Amos and Page? Anyone else?
    Those who we haven't signed yet!

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    With Hemed getting his first start, there's no room for young Josh Davison ...... the lad has done his best though, despite being a huge step up from non-League.

Yeah a bit disappointed for him

A bit of perspective though.

A year ago, as a raw teenager playing for Enfield Town way down the football pyramid, he could never have dreamed that he'd get a run of games in the Championship, scoring a vital goal against the League leaders.

Regardless of how well he's played overall, he struggled a bit last weekend against experienced centre backs.
    It won't do him any harm to be rested now - plus the experience gained will stand him in good stead in future.
    Oh god yeah - In all fairness his performance wasnt good enough on Saturday for that of a Championship striker

Just a shame he's not at least on the bench

But end of the day there is no room for sentiment in the game nor is there room in the matchday squad for everyone
    We couldn't fill the match day squad 5 days ago! 
    Think Solly was supposed to be on the bench but went ill

From what Bowyer said we couldnt call up another U23 as they were in Swansea
  • Options
    Someone said on twitter cullens broken down in the warm up.. please could someone there tell me its bollox

Nevermind it was bollox.. panic over
    I think you already had the answer in your originally statement bud. 
  • Options
    Still no JFC? 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Poor old Andre Green looks like Billy No Mates, last, glum and lonely.

Don’t know him at all but wouldn’t surprise me if he struggled to settle at Preston for the same reason.

Maybe time for someone to grab him and integrate him into the group.
  • Options
    Quietly optimistic about today. Come on boys!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We're on the way back boys and girls! High tempo start.
  • Options
    Win
    No more injuries

is it too much to ask?
  • Options
    Ozzy looks lively.

Encouraging start by the Addicks.

First chant of "One greedy bastard" from the Cupboard End.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How close was Pearce to being able to do something with that from our first corner?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    We're on the way back boys and girls! High tempo start.
    Hi @LoOkie, can you make the match thread a sticky, pls?
  • Options
    Ozzy looks lively.

All of those fans who were eating pies suddenly looked around with a little look of guilt. 
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Ozzy looks lively.

All of those fans who were eating pies suddenly looked around with a little look of guilt. 
    I was OK.

I'd already finished my burger ... 😉
  • Options
    this is pretty shit - haven’t seen us for a while. I didn’t know things were this bad 
  • Options
    First goal looking crucial here. This has the makings of one of those games that could be 5-0, 5-5, 0-5, or 0-0.
  • Options
    Alfie Doughty

• Options
    FFS! Stop passing the ball back to Dillon, especially when there's a bit of pressure!

There's rarely anyone close by for him to pass to so he has to hack it forward, invariably straight back to Fulham.
  • Options
    Giving them far too much time on the ball. Need to pressure them more.
  • Options
    this is pretty shit - haven’t seen us for a while. I didn’t know things were this bad 
    10x better from us in recent months
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!