Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Fulham | Wednesday 22 January 2020

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Attacking options on the bench 🤩

Bowyer will magically become a better tactician just by having those options.

Who’s missing - is it just JFC, Bonne, Field, Amos and Page? Anyone else?
    Amos is back played today for the U23s

Field I reckon could have been involved today

Reckon its just Bonne and Page now
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Aneke?
  • Options
    Cullen back. Some lovely options on the bench, players that can actually change a game if needs be. 

No Knockaert or Mitrovic is a good time to play Fulham. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    With Hemed getting his first start, there's no room for young Josh Davison ...... the lad has done his best though, despite being a huge step up from non-League.

Yeah a bit disappointed for him

A bit of perspective though.

A year ago, as a raw teenager playing for Enfield Town way down the football pyramid, he could never have dreamed that he'd get a run of games in the Championship, scoring a vital goal against the League leaders.

Regardless of how well he's played overall, he struggled a bit last weekend against experienced centre backs.
    It won't do him any harm to be rested now - plus the experience gained will stand him in good stead in future.
    He couldn't have dreamed that six months ago ..
  • Options
    My key worker is a Fulham fan and is going tonight, was talking to him earlier and he said Hector has really impressed in his 3 games, he agreed a deal in September with them but was obviously unable to play until Jan but has been training with them
  • Options
    Interesting line up. Apart from the returning players interesting that Morgan starts with Dempsey on the bench and Davison missing out completely 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    With Hemed getting his first start, there's no room for young Josh Davison ...... the lad has done his best though, despite being a huge step up from non-League.

A year ago, as a raw teenager playing for Enfield Town way down the football pyramid, he could never have dreamed that he'd get a run of games in the Championship, scoring a vital goal against the League leaders.

Regardless of how well he's played overall, he struggled a bit last weekend against experienced centre backs.
    It won't do him any harm to be rested now - plus the experience gained will stand him in good stead in future.
    Oh god yeah - In all fairness his performance wasnt good enough on Saturday for that of a Championship striker

Just a shame he's not at least on the bench

But end of the day there is no room for sentiment in the game nor is there room in the matchday squad for everyone
  • Options
    Kinda what I expected, a couple of potential returnees missing. So good to see Cullen back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Kinda what I expected, a couple of potential returnees missing. So good to see Cullen back. 
    Nice one for calling it correctly in our discussion on the preview 👍
  • Options
    If we can keep Cavaleiro quiet I fancy we might get something tonight. He’s a proper player.
    Decordova looked good at their place. 
  • Options
    It’s now or never for Hemed. Really hope he just has a solid game tonight. There’s no scope for him to go missing. COYRs!
  • Options
    Probably needs a rest but thought Davison would be on the bench. Can Taylor play 80 mins if Hemed gets injured early doors? Assume Doughty a wing back and if so midfield a bit pedestrian.
    Expect Green would come on if it was so early. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    If we can keep Cavaleiro quiet I fancy we might get something tonight. He’s a proper player.
    He's a good player but hasnt quite hit the heights of his time @ Bristol City yet
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Nice one for calling it correctly in our discussion on the preview 👍
    Cheers but was just a guess really. Hope to see Field against Barnsley, classy player. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Aneke?
    and Lapslie
  • Options
    Fulham's a bogey team, but having Cullen back makes a big difference.
  • Options
    Well you dont know whats going on inside Lyle's head (probably saying: must not tweet over and over) but have a good laugh out on the pitch with Doughty at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    He's a good player but hasnt quite hit the heights of his time @ Bristol City yet
    Ssshh! Ffs 😉
  • Options
    Well you dont know whats going on inside Lyle's head (probably saying: must not tweet over and over) but have a good laugh out on the pitch with Doughty at the moment
    He's just trying to show any watching scouts that he's a decent bloke and team player 

:smile:
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Oh god yeah - In all fairness his performance wasnt good enough on Saturday for that of a Championship striker

But end of the day there is no room for sentiment in the game nor is there room in the matchday squad for everyone
    Hi Forever, thanks for replying. 

1) Trouble is, most strikers are only as good as the support and service they get.
    It was hard for him to plough a lonely furrow against experienced and savvy CBs, especially when there were periods when our midfield was over run and Davison left isolated.

2) If Taylor wasn't back, then Davison (assuming he's fit)  would be on the bench to cover Hemed.

3) IMO the first thing to take on board tonight is that the formation and game plan has changed - plus experienced players have been added into the 18. I can't imagine any Championship manager could take a risk by being sentimental; the result is all important. Davison might have been a League player for only a few months, but he would have learned already that it's a squad game.

• Options
    Does anyone know if Pratley is the only player close to a ban for yellow cards? 
  • Options

Has he waved yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Hi Forever, thanks for replying. 

1) Trouble is, most strikers are only as good as the support and service they get.
    It was hard for him to plough a lonely furrow against experienced and savvy CBs, especially when there were periods when our midfield was over run and Davison left isolated.

2) If Taylor wasn't back, then Davison (assuming he's fit)  would be on the bench to cover Hemed.

3) IMO the first thing to take on board tonight is that the formation and game plan has changed - plus experienced players have been added into the 18. I can't imagine any Championship manager could take a risk by being sentimental; the result is all important. Davison might have been a League player for only a few months, but he would have learned already that it's a squad game.

I would imagine there's a strong chance Davison will go out on loan, maybe to League 2, if we can get a striker in the door by the end of the window and Taylor doesn't leave.

The kid can be proud of his contribution to our season, but he's not Championship standard yet and needs games somewhere.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Someone said on twitter cullens broken down in the warm up.. please could someone there tell me its bollox

Nevermind it was bollox.. panic over
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Someone said on twitter cullens broken down in the warm up.. please could someone there tell me its bollox
    Absolute bullshit
  • Options
    Poor old Andre Green looks like Billy No Mates, last, glum and lonely.

• Options

Nevermind it was bollox.. panic over

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!