Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squeaky Bum Time?

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Uboat said:
    Still not worried. If we lose to Barnsley my resolve might start to weaken, but obviously not keen to join the despair gang, who are tiresome and embarrassing in equal measure. 
    I don’t think it’s exactly “despair” to acknowledge that any team that manages one win in 18 is creating a situation where relegation is a possibility. 
    Says it all though that since October, our relegation rivals have barely done any better...

Luton - 11pts
    Charlton - 13pts
    Barnsley - 16pts
    Wigan - 18pts
    Which suggests we're in a scrap with 3 other teams and a genuine chance of finishing below ONE of them
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    se9addick said:
    Uboat said:
    Still not worried. If we lose to Barnsley my resolve might start to weaken, but obviously not keen to join the despair gang, who are tiresome and embarrassing in equal measure. 
    I don’t think it’s exactly “despair” to acknowledge that any team that manages one win in 18 is creating a situation where relegation is a possibility. 
    Says it all though that since October, our relegation rivals have barely done any better...

Luton - 11pts
    Charlton - 13pts
    Barnsley - 16pts
    Wigan - 18pts
    Which suggests we're in a scrap with 3 other teams and a genuine chance of finishing below ONE of them
    But then everyone is still looking behind not in front

People say we can lose the next two and we'll be in the relegation zone because of no momentum

One win, thats all you need to start momentum, win two of them and there can be a further four teams between us and 22nd!!

Yes people will say there is no chance we'll win the next two, but there is no guarantee we'll lose the next two either

Its why to suggest we're in "squeaky bum time" now is ludicrous
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Hoping we hoping we can announce some signings to alleviate the pressure, ( the sooner the better) I struggle with anxiety issues which probably explains why I prefer preseason games!

Just got to treat each match as a preseason game!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Uboat said:

Luton - 11pts
    Charlton - 13pts
    Barnsley - 16pts
    Wigan - 18pts

People say we can lose the next two and we'll be in the relegation zone because of no momentum

One win, thats all you need to start momentum, win two of them and there can be a further four teams between us and 22nd!!

Yes people will say there is no chance we'll win the next two, but there is no guarantee we'll lose the next two either

I respect your optimism but if you can’t see we are in squeaky bum time after one win in 18 and fourth bottom what would change your mind? How about one win in 19?
  • Options
    If we lose Saturday despite the fact we’ve got some of the injured players back (“just like new signings”) THEN I’ll be getting resigned to the fact we’ll need a miracle to arrest this slide.  At the moment I’m still in the the ‘we’re still 21st’ rose tinted camp

Nah... we’re seriously in the Joe Dodoo
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Uboat said:

Luton - 11pts
    Charlton - 13pts
    Barnsley - 16pts
    Wigan - 18pts

I respect your optimism but if you can’t see we are in squeaky bum time after one win in 18 and fourth bottom what would change your mind? How about one win in 19?
    Its not bloody optimism - I'm looking at it in a realistic manner, win two games we climb four places, lose two games and yes we can go into the relegation zone

Hell I'm not ignoring the fact we're in trouble

But regardless squeaky bum time is when we get to April and we're running out of games

There are so many factors that can attribute to another teams downfall at this stage of the season
  • Options
    It’s been squeaky bum time for weeks despite the rose tinted specs worn on here.
    Indeed shoots some people talk as though we're 4th from top not bottom.... 3 wins in 23 that's table topping form... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I mean everything went wrong for us tonight results wise
    except our nearest and only real local rivals lost at a promotion chasing rival after being 0-2 up , what's not to like about that ,  if you're not happy with that result which has no affect on whether the 3 teams below us would win,  draw,  lose or piss their pants then football might not be the thing for you ffs weirdos
     Who are you to decide who football is for?

FFS weirdo.
    Am sorry if people cant handle the pressure of the unexpected within the game then Football definitely isnt the Sport for them!!

End of the day its a sport where two teams of equal numbers go out to have a kick around - Prior to the full time whistle absolutely anything can happen that can decide the result

If Football was as predictable as everyone claims then why arent they winning accumulators every week?
  • Options
    It’s been squeaky bum time for weeks despite the rose tinted specs worn on here.
    Not seen a hint of anyone in rose tinted specs with regards to the football tbh mate. As far as I can see, people have been possitive about the bigger picture and the fact there are new owners with some sort of plan. No one can deny the bad results, as the table reflects it, but taking into consideration the dire situation with regards to injuries and this is what you get. Understand there are people who think the Club should've given into a couple of players and their agents demands, but MS and LB have said a few times now that they won't pay over the odds for players.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I know there’s plenty of games to go and as an earlier poster says, maybe we could have been in the bottom 3 sooner , but to quote LB , it is what it is.

To not get some quality transfers over the line in this window would be bordering on negligence by the board, Matt just needs to push the button get the deals done, and we’ll be a lot calmer, we need to find some form and put a run together, a couple of clean sheets and back to back wins would help.
  • Options
    It’s only January, key players are now coming back the three below us have to come to ours, as well as the likes of Birmingham, Derby and Sheff Wed are all facing a points deduction. Historically clubs will sucked into the scrap as we go into March.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Where's Brown now we need him?
    The mystery of his name becomes clear...
  • Options
    We all would of taken finishing 21st at the start of the season.

We’ve had the worst injury crisis in the history of the club.

The fact it’s January, we aren’t in the relegation zone, we still have Bowyer as our manager and it’s all still in our own hands, are the reasons I’m trying to remain positive. 

Was never gonna be easy but thats Charlton ain’t it.
    Add to that RD's gawn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not seen a hint of anyone in rose tinted specs with regards to the football tbh mate. As far as I can see, people have been possitive about the bigger picture and the fact there are new owners with some sort of plan. No one can deny the bad results, as the table reflects it, but taking into consideration the dire situation with regards to injuries and this is what you get. Understand there are people who think the Club should've given into a couple of players and their agents demands, but MS and LB have said a few times now that they won't pay over the odds for players.
    Then dont tell us that they put things on the backburner so they could get in for the January transfer window.
    Dont mention we hope to be making 5 signings in January.
    And we might not pay a bit more for players but other clubs will.
  • Options
    We all would of taken finishing 21st at the start of the season.

We’ve had the worst injury crisis in the history of the club.

The fact it’s January, we aren’t in the relegation zone, we still have Bowyer as our manager and it’s all still in our own hands, are the reasons I’m trying to remain positive. 

Was never gonna be easy but thats Charlton ain’t it.
    Gawd bless you guvna 
  • Options
    We need to concentrate on our own form and getting a few results, especially against the teams around us in Feb. We have the players when they play well. First few games of the season was a false dawn, this is exactly where we thought we’d be before it all began.
    Sorry, but this is rubbish. It was not a false Dawn it was a good first eleven playing at the top of their game. We fully deserved to be at the top, and I believe with no injuries we would be there now.  You only have to look where a far more limited teams than us like Millwall, Preston and Swansea are to see this is a very mediocre league. 

The worry is the the true false dawn is starting to look like the takeover. This could go into meltdown by the weekend when the window closes, and ESI have let players leave and Davidson lines up instead of Taylor. 

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Championship after week 29

Bottom three sides with the teams in Bold that went down (for ease I've not included the teams in between if there was a gap like what Barnsley had in 2018)

18/19 Ipswich (18) | Bolton (23) | Reading (24) | Rotherham (21st-25)
    17/18 Burton (24) | Sunderland (25) | Bolton (26) | Hull (26) | Barnsley (19th - 27)
    16/17 Rotherham (16) | Burton (26) | Blackburn (26) | Wigan (21st-26)
    15/16 Bolton (21) | Charlton (24) | Bristol City (25) | MK Dons (20th - 27)

Reading last season would finish 20th | Bolton and Hull in 2018 finished 21st and 18th respectfully
    Burton would finish 20th in 2017 | Bristol City would finish 18th in 2016

So at this stage of the season; the team currently in 21st has gone down on alternate seasons - Wigan on that showing look most likely to survive

There you go... Just confirmed safety :)
  • Options
    Yep those that have been slating me for saying we’re in free fall look at the table. I hear excuses all the time, it’s time to face up to reality we’re in relegation fight.  If we don’t strengthen we’re doomed I’m afraid. Panic signings on the cards I expect, they won’t be good enough. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Then dont tell us that they put things on the backburner so they could get in for the January transfer window.
    And Bowyer wanting 2 in before Fulham...
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    clb74 said:
    Then dont tell us that they put things on the backburner so they could get in for the January transfer window. - That is why they put things on the backburner, but there weren't no guarantees though was there? 

Dont mention we hope to be making 5 signings in January. - Yeah that's right, they said we hope and I'm sure they also said no promises.

Genuinely can't believe people are turning on them because of this.
  • Options
    Relax - we’ll be fine...