Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squeaky Bum Time?

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I mean everything went wrong for us tonight results wise
    except our nearest and only real local rivals lost at a promotion chasing rival after being 0-2 up , what's not to like about that ,  if you're not happy with that result which has no affect on whether the 3 teams below us would win,  draw,  lose or piss their pants then football might not be the thing for you ffs weirdos
     Who are you to decide who football is for?

FFS weirdo.
    Speaking as one of the most miserable weirdos in the world the scum losing was the only result i'm pleased with tonight
    and I'm just pointing out if that sort of result don't float your boat football might  not be the thing for you as in if that don't make you slightly happy nothing will ...
    of course the mobs below us losing and us winning would have but thats not happened tonight ....
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Definitely not squeaky bum time. Our creative players are now back... just missed out on beating a few of the top 6 because they were out. 

We’ll finish 12th! 
    Nah I think we'll get about 18th at best... Whilst we only need two wins to all but catch 15th I think it'll be difficult

The five point difference between us and Middlesbrough in 17th is our ceiling for the season I reckon
  • Options
    Relax - we’ll be fine...
    Ahh shit, I've relaxed too much :(
  • Options
    I still think attracting Championship and league one players to join us is a big challenge. New signings, unless young loan players will expect to start and will want an increase in wages and are joining a club who are in a dangerous position. Clubs won’t make it easy for us to sign their players. ESI won’t pay over the odds. Will go down to the wire - I don’t expect anything til Thursday at the earliest and more likely a mad rush on Friday.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    It’s been squeaky bum time for weeks despite the rose tinted specs worn on here.
    Not seen a hint of anyone in rose tinted specs with regards to the football tbh mate. As far as I can see, people have been possitive about the bigger picture and the fact there are new owners with some sort of plan. No one can deny the bad results, as the table reflects it, but taking into consideration the dire situation with regards to injuries and this is what you get. Understand there are people who think the Club should've given into a couple of players and their agents demands, but MS and LB have said a few times now that they won't pay over the odds for players.
    Then dont tell us that they put things on the backburner so they could get in for the January transfer window.
    Dont mention we hope to be making 5 signings in January.
    And we might not pay a bit more for players but other clubs will.
    Then dont tell us that they put things on the backburner so they could get in for the January transfer window. - That is why they put things on the backburner, but there weren't no guarantees though was there? 

Dont mention we hope to be making 5 signings in January. - Yeah that's right, they said we hope and I'm sure they also said no promises.

Genuinely can't believe people are turning on them because of this.
    Well at the moment its 0 and we are Gallagher down.
    Better off saying nothing, dont forget theres a lot of people on CL who have said they will reserve judgement till end of transfer window.

• Options
    For every Wembley moment there is a decade of disappointment and bollox it's what's being Charlton is all about.

Did we really think we would actually be minted ? Dear o dear never could be easy for us
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    This time in January last season we lost Jed Steer our first choice keeper, and Karlan Grant who had scored 14 goals, but it turned out all right, so what am I worrying about!

I haven’t seen a lot of quality necessarily from other teams in this division this season  ( I missed Leeds and Brentford matches) but it is brutal, unforgiving and relentless in this division, you got to find an advantage to stay ahead, or you’ll get turned over, I really hope Lee can find solutions and have options on the pitch and on the bench, we’re crying out for a no Jose seems defender at the back, more creativity in the midfield and another goal scorer on the books, Millwall losing did cheer me up, I don’t want them doing well, but I’m more concerned about our own fate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Squeaky bum time?

Its f***ing January!!

And we are not even in the bottom 3!

man up for god sake. 

I hope Ann Francke doesnt see this post...
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    It’s been squeaky bum time for weeks despite the rose tinted specs worn on here.
    Not seen a hint of anyone in rose tinted specs with regards to the football tbh mate. As far as I can see, people have been possitive about the bigger picture and the fact there are new owners with some sort of plan. No one can deny the bad results, as the table reflects it, but taking into consideration the dire situation with regards to injuries and this is what you get. Understand there are people who think the Club should've given into a couple of players and their agents demands, but MS and LB have said a few times now that they won't pay over the odds for players.
    Then dont tell us that they put things on the backburner so they could get in for the January transfer window.
    Then dont tell us that they put things on the backburner so they could get in for the January transfer window. - That is why they put things on the backburner, but there weren't no guarantees though was there? 

Dont mention we hope to be making 5 signings in January. - Yeah that's right, they said we hope and I'm sure they also said no promises.

Better off saying nothing, dont forget theres a lot of people on CL who have said they will reserve judgement till end of transfer window.

They were looking at 5 players mate and none of them have come off yet. Or did you just want them to sign 5 random players because they said so?
  • Options
    Brown59 said:
    Yep those that have been slating me for saying we’re in free fall look at the table. I hear excuses all the time, it’s time to face up to reality we’re in relegation fight.  If we don’t strengthen we’re doomed I’m afraid. Panic signings on the cards I expect, they won’t be good enough. 
    I was feeling very worried about our season but now you've said this I realise we are going to be fine.
  • Options
    I kind of like league one football . Just saying 
    Quite a few grounds I didn’t get to go to. Just a shame after the highlights of last season.
  • Options
    Squeaky bum time?

Its f***ing January!!

And we are not even in the bottom 3!

man up for god sake. 

You been on the sauce tonight mate? 
    ;)
  • Options
    This time in January last season we lost Jed Steer our first choice keeper, and Karlan Grant who had scored 14 goals, but it turned out all right, so what am I worrying about!

We also signed Purrington who fixed our problem LB spot and Williams who gave the crowd and fans a massive boost, so on balance we were slightly up in the window
  • Options
    Relax - we’ll be fine...
    Ahh shit, I've relaxed too much :(
    Poppers on a Tuesday? Crazy times. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

They were looking at 5 players mate and none of them have come off yet. Or did you just want them to sign 5 random players because they said so?
    At the end of the day if we keep our players fit  till the end of the season ,we need a few new signings 
  • Options
    The way those 3 games went tonight is bad luck.
  • Options
    Thursday press day will be interesting to hear from Lee, because his state of mind is the one that matters. If inertia is still the king then Bowyer will speak his mind.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    You would think we were rooted to the bottom, 12 points adrift. We already had a wholehearted bunch, but weaker squad than nearly all our competitors at the start of the season, then the worst luck on the injury front struck, with our first team, other than defence, dropping like flies. Defence came under huge pressure as a result, but still we kept competitive picking up some draws along the way. We have a -4 goal difference, which is like having an extra point versus most of those around us and 17 (seventeen) games to go with most of our first team back or on the verge. Unless they all lose their confidence and I do not see that lacking, they are all fighting, I will remain calm and enjoy the football. Enough good results will come. February obviously important with 7 games and opposition considered.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It's all in our own hands atm, win more points than those teams below us we stay up,simple as. Easier said than done but true all the same.
  • Options
    All very well some saying don't panic, as it's only January, but if we don't strengthen the squad in the next couple of days, can we really rely on the current batch to get us out of this rut?.........
  • Options
    All very well some saying don't panic, as it's only January, but if we don't strengthen the squad in the next couple of days, can we really rely on the current batch to get us out of this rut?.........
    The answer to that is unlikely 
  • Options
    They proved they cant if Taylor /Williams/Cullen are injured again. When Saturday comes (nifty title that, I wonder if anyone has used it before) then thats it for the season. 
  • Options
    Or maybe you never know but we could get a few injuries & have to rely on youth team players who aren't ready to make the step up for a relegation scrap. Just as well that ESI have a plan.
  • Options

Short and straight to the point for once 
  • Options
    Had we played last night and won to go 6 points clear of the bottom 3, nearly everyone would be creaming themselves.