Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squeaky Bum Time?

Comments

• Options
    Who would have believed last night's results which dumped us in at 4th from bottom,need at least 2 good players to come in this window,and Lyle Taylor is a must to sign 
  • Options
    Newly promoted to the Championship against all odds under Bowyer and a great management team behind him. Started off this season well and truly punching, with Bowyer saying that it probably wouldn't last and his expectations were just to maintain Championship status, which is still a probability. 

• Options
    edited January 2020

The fact the gap to bottom three is only four points and the fact we're playing a team below us on Saturday it's completely natural to feel some squeaky bum time, I know I sure am.

1 win in 3 months isn't exactly fuel for confidence.

• Options
    Better pray that Thursdays presser doesn't include the phrase "injury set-back" or we'll all lose our sphincters  ;)
  • Options

The fact the gap to bottom three is only four points and the fact we're playing a team below us on Saturday it's completely natural to feel some squeaky bum time, I know I sure am.

1 win in 4 months isn't exactly fuel for confidence.

Thank god its at home then where we're undefeated for a month and a half
  • Options
    Reading the Barnsley forum they seem to think they've lost already.
  • Options
    Snatched off twitter

Reminder that only THREE clubs in the Sky Bet Championship have signed more than one player so far this window.

Huddersfield, Fulham and Swansea.

Yet people will be blaming ESI. The January window is difficult for the entire division. 
    Not true. Leeds have signed 3.
  • Options
    Fulham have only made two signings - Bobby Reid was already at the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham have only made two signings - Bobby Reid was already at the club
    But have they lost 3?  We, as of 9.45am on the 29th, are 2 players down on what we had on the 1st.  Maybe that isn't technically true as we recalled some kids to make up the numbers in the 3rd round, but if they have to play in a league game we are in really in the doodo. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We'd have taken this position at the start of the season.

The first few games have completely warped people's ideas about what kind of a season we'd be having and I'm sick to death of the negativity.

Yes, we're in a bad run, but we thought the whole SEASON would be a bad run.

And we know why. "1 win in 18" when 90% of the first team are injured.

I'm sick of it. Grow up. Spend a few days on something non-footballing related (which by the looks of it a lot of people don't have access to)  and chill out.
    Ark at thee, people are allowed to Express an opinion ffs.. seems like ur the one that needs to chill out. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Nobody is criticising the players or manager when they say we're in a relegation dogfight. It's fair enough to have a realistic view based on our luck with injuries and the teams we have had to field.

If we don't get senior players back or make some decent signings then staying up seems unlikely - we just have to hope our luck changes.

Based on the results of the last 18 games, regardless of the reasons, it's fair enough to be worried. 

They were criticising ESI for the lack of signings
  • Options
    Nobody is criticising the players or manager when they say we're in a relegation dogfight. It's fair enough to have a realistic view based on our luck with injuries and the teams we have had to field.

If we don't get senior players back or make some decent signings then staying up seems unlikely - we just have to hope our luck changes.

Based on the results of the last 18 games, regardless of the reasons, it's fair enough to be worried. 

They were
    Obviously wrong then. I think the manager and players have done really well to be competitive in recent games given the inexperience of players and lack of continuity in the team - we've been incredibly unlucky with injuries. If we'd been fielding a full strength side and got these results then all criticism would be warranted.

• Options
    shine166 said:

The first few games have completely warped people's ideas about what kind of a season we'd be having and I'm sick to death of the negativity.

I'm sick of it. Grow up. Spend a few days on something non-footballing related (which by the looks of it a lot of people don't have access to)  and chill out.
    Ark at thee, people are allowed to Express an opinion ffs.. seems like ur the one that needs to chill out. 

There's a difference between expressing an opinion, and participating in an over-the-top negative hivemind that many people have sucked themselves into
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Deleted as I cant do maths lol 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

There's a difference between expressing an opinion, and participating in an over-the-top negative hivemind that many people have sucked themselves into
    At this point I hope you don't mind if I recommend the new album by Wire, 'Mind Hive'.
    Apologies for being off topic.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    shine166 said:

At this point I hope you don't mind if I recommend the new album by Wire, 'Mind Hive'.
    Are Wire still going?
  • Options
    doronron said:
    Who would have believed last night's results which dumped us in at 4th from bottom,need at least 2 good players to come in this window,and Lyle Taylor is a must to sign 
    Am I wrong here, but isn't Taylor under contract until the end of the season? In which case he's going nowhere unless the club want to cash in on him- which, unless we sign Salah, would be crazy. If he scores 8 or 9 goals between now and April that will suite us fine. After that, it's up to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

We know the mitigating circumstances why we have won 1 in 18, and that's why it's right that Lee Bowyer has received 99.9% backing. There was never going to be a Honeymoon for Matt Southall and ESI when you take over (officially) on January 2nd and the window is open. The Last 60 hours everything may fall into place and the words from Matt that we wanted to take over early in the January window to help Lee, may come to fruition.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    shine166 said:

Are Wire still going?
    Yes, and having made many inaccessible albums since their excellent first three, they're right back on form. It's on Spotify, and I bought a vinyl copy from Rough Trade yesterday. Living the dream.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    shine166 said:

Are Wire still going?
    Yes, and having made many inaccessible albums since their excellent first three, they're right back on form. It's on Spotify, and I bought a vinyl copy from Rough Trade yesterday. Living the dream.
    And the winner of going off on a tangent is................................James
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Roland has left us in the lurch , (when hasn't he) having an injury prone squad and half of our team made up of loan players and then youth team players that are not all quite ready for first team football , is NOT ESI's fault, failure for fixing the problem is , i'm hoping its all a storm in a tea cup, and we'll look back and smile about all this.

Pretty much since Lees been here he's been fighting fires, and i do feel sorry for him , when i sat in the West Stand recently i could see Lee losing his rag with the officials over some decision, and said to my wife , can you imagine what his blood pressure is at the moment!

Getting Lee signed up was the best signing the club could have made this transfer window, but we do need wuality signings, to give everyone a lift , not Joe Dodo's or Roger Johnson's last minute panic buys.
  • Options
    As mentioned on here already, we are still working with a Roland squad and thats haunted us with the injury crisis.

The table doesnt look good this morning, but Im not overly worried. The performance against Fulham was excellent, and it showed me that with a fully fit squad we dont have anything to worry about. 

Keep that level of performance up, and looking at the next 5 fixtures we could win 3 or 4 of them. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    shine166 said:

Are Wire still going?
    Found my copy of Dot Dash the other day - took me right back. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

We know the mitigating circumstances why we have won 1 in 18, and that's why it's right that Lee Bowyer has received 99.9% backing. There was never going to be a Honeymoon for Matt Southall and ESI when you take over (officially) on January 2nd and the window is open. The Last 60 hours everything may fall into place and the words from Matt that we wanted to take over early in the January window to help Lee, may come to fruition.

That's the thing, a lot of people are calling for Bowyer's head (especially on the Twitter cesspool), and have already written ESI off as incompetent without any thought process as to why these things have happenned.
  • Options
    I hope we have worked on our corners for Saturday!!! 
  • Options
    Better pray that Thursdays presser doesn't include the phrase "injury set-back" or we'll all lose our sphincters  ;)
    And the other phrase of "Just couldn't get them over the line"
  • Options
    Taylor signs a new contract, a couple of quality loans come in, all these defeats by the odd goal and draws turn into wins, everyone we play underestimates us like at the start of the season, we go on a run and finish a couple of points outside the playoffs wondering "what if"...

Everyone relax....