Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squeaky Bum Time?

Comments

• Options
    Snatched off twitter

Reminder that only THREE clubs in the Sky Bet Championship have signed more than one player so far this window.

Huddersfield, Fulham and Swansea.

Yet people will be blaming ESI. The January window is difficult for the entire division. 
    A reminder only one team in the championship have had 74 players out injured, are playing the tea lady up front , have lost their best player this window  and won 1 in 17 .
  • Options
    February looks like this for me, what's others opinions?

Barnsley (h) W
    Stoke (a) D
    Forest (a) L
    Blackburn (h) D
    Luton (h) W
    Sheffield Weds (a) L
    Huddersfield (a) D 

By reckoning we will pick up 9 points out of a possible 18. Stoke away is a dodgy one but I'm confident with the rest.
  • Options
    47 points
    We've analysed the Championship since the 1995-96 season to see how many points are required - on average - to secure survival: An average of around 47 points has been enough to survive the drop in the Championship, but the magic number has varied significantly over the years.
  • Options
    agim said:

Barnsley (h) W
    Stoke (a) D
    Forest (a) L
    Blackburn (h) D
    Luton (h) W
    Sheffield Weds (a) L
    Huddersfield (a) D 

By reckoning we will pick up 9 points out of a possible 18. Stoke away is a dodgy one but I'm confident with the rest.
    Blind faith.
  • Options
    It's 3 from 4, unless Birmingham get a points deduction (I would assume if they do the EFL will make sure it relegates them this time).

Win our mini league of 4 and we stay up.  We play all 3 at home.  We have already played Swansea, WBA, Fulham and Preston twice.  We will play quite a few games against teams with nothing to play for.

We need some bodies in quickly though.  Our recent home form isn't that bad, we should have beaten Hull and a point against Huddersfield would have made a big difference.  But we beat Bristol City and drew with 2 of the best teams in the league.

Win our next 3 home games and we won't be safe, but it changes everything, loose them and we won't be relegated but it won't be look pretty. 
  • Options
    Bowyer still aiming for play offs you say!!! 😂
  • Options
    Snatched off twitter

Reminder that only THREE clubs in the Sky Bet Championship have signed more than one player so far this window.

Yet people will be blaming ESI. The January window is difficult for the entire division. 
    Our need is greater than theirs. No good comparing to other teams - they can do what they need to do based on their scenario.

they are not stuck in a run of 1 in 17 with injuries ravaging an already moderately stocked squad.

Im only interested in what ESI do to manage OUR position 
  • Options
    Had we played last night and won to go 6 points clear of the bottom 3, nearly everyone would be creaming themselves.
    Well, if we’d won our game last midweek we would have been.
  • Options
    agim said:

Barnsley (h) W
    Stoke (a) D
    Forest (a) L
    Blackburn (h) D
    Luton (h) W
    Sheffield Weds (a) L
    Huddersfield (a) D 

Would be 9 from a possible 21.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    All very well some saying don't panic, as it's only January, but if we don't strengthen the squad in the next couple of days, can we really rely on the current batch to get us out of this rut?.........
    The answer to that is possible but unlikely

• Options
    Snatched off twitter

Our need is greater than theirs. No good comparing to other teams - they can do what they need to do based on their scenario.

they are not stuck in a run of 1 in 17 with injuries ravaging an already moderately stocked squad.

They can make offers for players but they can’t control when clubs will let them go or when a player makes a decision on who to sign for. There could be various reasons why deals are being held up.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    "We've won once in 18 games"

Yes, it's bad. If we continue that form we will be relegated. We are like a big, doomed cruise ship without an engine, slowly heading towards the rocks, the Captain desperately using all the tricks he can to keep us away.

Is there evidence that the ship is slowly turning around? The clean sheet last week... The fact we've kept scoring goals... That it's never been 3-4 losses in a row... Getting draws against good teams... Never being turned over... Something has always been there. Just not wins.

I think with players back we stand a chance of avoiding relegation. 

Here's the problem - I think we stand zero chance of keeping key players fit for the rest of the season.

Our injury record is apocalyptic. Arnold Schwarzenegger would wince at our body count.

Players across all levels in all our squads break down upon returning. Something is seriously wrong, there. It's been over too many seasons for it to be just bad luck.

We need cover and investment to consolidate our hard-fought Championship status.

What a sorry, sorry state of affairs if, after that beautiful, historical day at Wembley, we are back where we started a season later. 

Now, as far as we have been told, ESI rushed through the sale so that they would have the January window to invest in the playing squad. If they don't invest in the squad, they have failed to execute their own strategy. Not only that, but they are effectively saying: we won't pay over the odds and because of that, we're willing to gamble with the club's status at this time.

For that reason, I will be judging ESI on their January business. That is why they bought the club, this was supposed to be their plan, and it us up to them to make it work and give Bowyer what he needs to turn this ship around.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    "We've won once in 15 games"

Yes, it's bad. If we continue that form we will be relegated. We are like a big, doomed cruise ship that has been without an engine, slowly heading towards the rocks, the Captain desperately using all the tricks he can to keep us away from them.

Is there evidence that the ship is slowly turning around? The clean sheet last week... The fact we've kept scoring goals... That it's never been 3-4 losses in a row... Getting draws against good teams... Never being turned over... Something has always been there. Just not wins.

I think with players back we stand a chance of avoiding relegation. 

Here's the problem - I think we stand zero chance of keeping key players fit for the rest of the season.

Our injury record is apocalyptic. Arnold Schwarzenegger would wince at our body count.

Players across all levels in all our squads break down upon returning. Something is seriously wrong, there. It's been over too many seasons for it to be just bad luck.

We need cover and investment to consolidate our hard-fought Championship status.

What a sorry, sorry state of affairs if, after that beautiful, historical day at Wembley, we are back where we started a season later. 

Now, as far as we have been told, ESI rushed through the sale so that they would have the January window to invest in the playing squad. If they don't invest in the squad, they have failed to execute their own strategy. Not only that, but they are effectively saying: we won't pay over the odds and because of that, we're willing to gamble with the club's status at this time.

For that reason, I will be judging ESI on their January business. That is why they bought the club, this was supposed to be their plan, and it us up to them to make it work and give Bowyer what he needs to turn this ship around.
    *we’ve won once in 18 games
  • Options
    Thanks. corrected.
  • Options
    It's all in our hands, I'd expect us to win this mini league.
  • Options
    Bowyer still aiming for play offs you say!!! 😂
    League One next season.
  • Options
    Squeaky Bum time my arse 😂😂
    the reason we are where we are was horrendous injuries nothing more.
    our present squad and Lee Bowyer will get us out
    of this starting Saturday 👍👍
    come on you reds !!!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Snatched off twitter

Concise and hit the nail on the head.
    Steve and Matt have been working together for 8 weeks( could be longer, can't be shorter !) The first 4 weeks waiting for EFL green light but the list of potential names were surely listed and a template were surely drawn up BEFORE January 2nd.

• Options
    No.  Hopefully our players and manager have more bottle than some of our fans who are already waving the white flag.

We'll be fine this season and a few wins will get us out of it.  Everyone is beatable in this league and our team of kids has only been losing by narrow margins and could have won some of the recent games.

We will do the business and stay up so no need for everyone to start crying into their bovrils just yet.  17 games to go and 51 points on the table to play for.

Please everyone get a grip and relax.

what he said.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    We are in a relegation fight at this point in time, it would seem silly to deny that when we’ve played 29 games and on only won once in the last 18 of them.

That being said, any of the three teams below us would swap places if they could, and we have good players coming back from injury. I back us to stay up, but I don’t think it’s wrong to be concerned about the situation.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Two cracking posts by @DamoNorthStand and @Chunes

You have an emergency and you deal with it. In life and football. Seeing Lee Bowyer so frustrated after the superb job he had done was heart wrenching.

• Options
    Well said ELTHAM ADDICK 
    I am 100% with you on this.
    too much negative nonsense from some of our 
    fellow fans with zero bottle or faith 👍👍👍
  • Options
    agim said:

Barnsley (h) W
    Stoke (a) D
    Forest (a) L
    Blackburn (h) D
    Luton (h) W
    Sheffield Weds (a) L
    Huddersfield (a) D 

Would be 9 from a possible 21.
    My mistake it was early lol
  • Options
    Squeaky bum time for bottom three, I still have no qualms about our safety. 

We we staying up. Keep calm. 
  • Options
    The paradox of time ?

I want the window to stay open so Lee can get the reinforcements he requires.

I want the window to shut so Lyle Taylor is still here or any other player of Quality or potential.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    It’s been squeaky bum time for weeks despite the rose tinted specs worn on here.
    Not seen a hint of anyone in rose tinted specs with regards to the football tbh mate. As far as I can see, people have been possitive about the bigger picture and the fact there are new owners with some sort of plan. No one can deny the bad results, as the table reflects it, but taking into consideration the dire situation with regards to injuries and this is what you get. Understand there are people who think the Club should've given into a couple of players and their agents demands, but MS and LB have said a few times now that they won't pay over the odds for players.
    Then dont tell us that they put things on the backburner so they could get in for the January transfer window.
    Dont mention we hope to be making 5 signings in January.
    And we might not pay a bit more for players but other clubs will.
    Then dont tell us that they put things on the backburner so they could get in for the January transfer window. - That is why they put things on the backburner, but there weren't no guarantees though was there? 

Dont mention we hope to be making 5 signings in January. - Yeah that's right, they said we hope and I'm sure they also said no promises.

Genuinely can't believe people are turning on them because of this.
    Well at the moment its 0 and we are Gallagher down.
    Better off saying nothing, dont forget theres a lot of people on CL who have said they will reserve judgement till end of transfer window.

They were looking at 5 players mate and none of them have come off yet. Or did you just want them to sign 5 random players because they said so?
    At the end of the day if we keep our players fit  till the end of the season ,we need a few new signings 
    Sorry, don't understand this.