Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squeaky Bum Time?

Comments

• Options
    I’m feeling pretty confident but if we don’t score first on Saturday that could all change! Would be good to get a 2-goal cushion but that didn’t get us a win the last time. Lyle isn’t going anywhere and there’ll be no hard feelings if he gets himself a great deal with somebody else in the Summer. Prediction for Saturday: 2-0
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    We'd have taken this position at the start of the season.

The first few games have completely warped people's ideas about what kind of a season we'd be having and I'm sick to death of the negativity.

Yes, we're in a bad run, but we thought the whole SEASON would be a bad run.

And we know why. "1 win in 18" when 90% of the first team are injured.

I'm sick of it. Grow up. Spend a few days on something non-footballing related (which by the looks of it a lot of people don't have access to)  and chill out.
    Ark at thee, people are allowed to Express an opinion ffs.. seems like ur the one that needs to chill out. 
    Agree says we all all negative... then comes up with

We thought whole SEASON would be a bad run.   

Wow that’s positive, thanks for the motivation. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

The first few games have completely warped people's ideas about what kind of a season we'd be having and I'm sick to death of the negativity.

I'm sick of it. Grow up. Spend a few days on something non-footballing related (which by the looks of it a lot of people don't have access to)  and chill out.
    Ark at thee, people are allowed to Express an opinion ffs.. seems like ur the one that needs to chill out. 

We had realistic expectations of us not doing well, should I say then, due to our budget, owner and unknown player quality. Every single person said that getting 21st at the end of the season would be a fantastic achievment.

Now look at this place. We're in the position we all thought we'd be happy with at the end of said season (especially given our horrific injury crisis) and people are having a meltdown!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    shine166 said:

We had realistic expectations of us not doing well, should I say then, due to our budget, owner and unknown player quality. Every single person said that getting 21st at the end of the season would be a fantastic achievment.

Now look at this place. We're in the position we all thought we'd be happy with at the end of said season (especially given our horrific injury crisis) and people are having a meltdown!
    I don't think anyone on here expected us to have a run of one win in eighteen?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I don't think anyone on here expected us to have a run of one win eighteen?

Didn't you? We all said 21st is the priority, anything else is a bonus

If we had all those wins and draws scattered around the season rather than in one block, would you be more or less upset about them?

Points are points. We're "on target" to not be relegated. I don't care how the points are distributed, as long as they're there

As I said, we're not in the relgation positions and we've had a whole first team of players injured for months. We've done fantastically well.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

It’s not the position, it’s the trajectory - surely you must have enough foresight to see that?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:

It’s not the position, it’s the trajectory - surely you must have enough foresight to see that?

We had our first team members back and we drew against Fulham

I think our trajectory is going up from now on
  • Options
    All based on blind optimism, of course :)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:

Stick that graph next to the one showing when injuries occurred and there may be a correlation between the 2? I'm not telling anyone to chill or anything, just looking at the bigger picture, accentuating the positives. The main ones being RD's gone and Bowyer and co have signed new contracts.

• Options
    Just a thought two games against Fulham we picked up 2 points happy with that,that could be whats saves us come the end of the season.
    On the other hand 4 points that Fulham lost during those games could cost them one of the top two places.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have 100% faith in Lee Boyer and  JJ and don’t expect ESI to let us down in 5 minutes of taking over.
    sadly we are no different to many other clubs in the Bottom half of all  leagues, we have positive and Negative fans from all walks of life and IQ levels.

Lee Bowyer will Keep is up I have no doubt about this “Come on your Reds”  👍👍👍

• Options
    Just a thought two games against Fulham we picked up 2 points happy with that,that could be whats saves us come the end of the season.
    On the other hand 4 points that Fulham lost during those games could cost them one of the top two places.

Or the 3 points we gave Wigan and Luton in our limp away performances could keep them up!

• Options
    se9addick said:
    shine166 said:

Stick that graph next to the one showing when injuries occurred and there may be a correlation between the 2? I'm not telling anyone to chill or anything, just looking at the bigger picture, accentuating the positives. The main ones being RD's gone and Bowyer and co have signed new contracts.

And even when all of those players are back fit (God knows how long that will be) the best player we had during that time will be playing for Swansea. 

Getting the players who are injured back is important, but it will take time to get them up and running again - we need reinforcements in the next couple of days for this relegation fight. 
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    I have 100% faith in Lee Boyer and  JJ and don’t expect ESI to let us down in 5 minutes of taking over.
    sadly we are no different to many other clubs in the Bottom half of all  leagues, we have positive and Negative fans from all walks of life and IQ levels.

OMG. How bloody patronising .... am I reading this that any of us who are even slightly negative or worried about relegation are ..... From down the council estate wiv low IQ. 
    You need to take a look at yourself...... seriously. 
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

OMG. How bloody patronising .... am I reading this that any of us who are even slightly negative or worried about relegation are ..... From down the council estate wiv low IQ. 
    The irony of questioning the IQ of other fans when the post itself isn’t exactly a grammatical masterpiece - lets just leave it at that......
  • Options
    shine166 said:

If we had all those wins and draws scattered around the season rather than in one block, would you be more or less upset about them?

Points are points. We're "on target" to not be relegated. I don't care how the points are distributed, as long as they're there

As I said, we're not in the relgation positions and we've had a whole first team of players injured for months. We've done fantastically well.
    A run of one win in eighteen should be a cause for concern unless you're completely deluded. If you were in 21st place and had just won your last three games you'd feel a lot more optimistic. 

I certainly didn't expect this run and I'm not sure anyone did? I'm not massively surprised to be in 21st but I am by the run of form.

A win on Saturday would certainly lift spirits.

• Options
    shine166 said:

A run of one win in eighteen should be a cause for concern unless you're completely deluded. If you were in 21st place and had just won your last three games you'd feel a lot more optimistic. 

I certainly didn't expect this run and I'm not sure anyone did? I'm not massively surprised to be in 21st but I am by the run of form.

It would be a massive cause for concern if we had a full strength team

Yes, obviously some of those loses we should have at least drawn, but the inexperience of the first team as a whole is the reason for that.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Yes, obviously some of those loses we should have at least drawn, but the inexperience of the first team as a whole is the reason for that.
    I fully understand the reasons for the run but until we get players back which seems to be a slow process then there will be a cause for worry.

Hopefully Saturday is where the season turns and players return.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I fully understand the reasons for the run but until we get players back which seems to be a slow process then there will be a cause for worry.

Hopefully Saturday is where the season turns and players return.

I will agree with that, if the players returning get crocked again we will be in trouble
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

I don’t think he/she was saying that at all, quite the opposite in fact. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have gone from Corporal Jones to Private Fraser in a matter of weeks merely by believing we would be, according to the Del boys amongst us, millionaires next week. What we are,in reality, is resilient charlton  who with an unprecedented injury crisis unlike any other in the league managed to draw matches we could have lost by using our talented youngsters. It should be unlikely that we will suffer the same level of injuries in the second half of the season and our youngsters are now "blooded" and will deal with it better. If we dont get reinforcements in, but dont lose any, then we should still be ok. Remember Dads Army only stayed at home it was mostly the young men who went to war and after their first few forrays they got quite good at it.
  • Options
    We have gone from Corporal Jones to Private Fraser in a matter of weeks merely by believing we would be, according to the Del boys amongst us, millionaires next week. What we are,in reality, is resilient charlton  who with an unprecedented injury crisis unlike any other in the league managed to draw matches we could have lost by using our talented youngsters. It should be unlikely that we will suffer the same level of injuries in the second half of the season and our youngsters are now "blooded" and will deal with it better. If we dont get reinforcements in, but dont lose any, then we should still be ok. Remember Dads Army only stayed at home it was mostly the young men who went to war and after their first few forrays they got quite good at it.
    Is Private Walker doing the negotiations ?
  • Options
    My bum is starting to squeek. 
  • Options
    My bum is starting to squeek. 
    Anyone got a can of 3 in 1?
  • Options
    Rodney Trotter and Mickey Pearce
  • Options
    At ease soldier, Matt Southall has tweeted a picture of about 1000 energy drinks, he must be high as a kite, so expect a flurry of activity to commence!
  • Options
    Dear RALPH  MILNE  and DAMO NORTH STAND
    i was not being patronising, I was being honest.
    its not easy to write a poetic and grammatically perfect without Typo errors text on a cramped UK train standing up at the time, so apologies to you both.

Not that you will know this or probably even care
    but I was brought up as a young boy in my grandmother’s Council house at 35 Wolf Cresent Charlton SE7 in the 1960s.
    i now own for my stupidity three international company’s, one in Europe.

I am a passionate Charlton fan of 51 years,
    and my son is a forth generation passionate fan.
    so please forgive my blunt but honest opinion,
    in a so called democracy we are all allowed them.

👍👍. Best wishes to you both,
    up the Addicks!!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Ok so you’re being honest. My Iq is much lower than yours and my bed wetting tendency is evidence of that.

Im guessing you are not interested in my multi million pound sports marketing consultancy that I sit on the exec board of? Fucking low IQ but I’ve winged it somehow 
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

The irony of questioning the IQ of other fans when the post itself isn’t exactly a grammatical masterpiece - lets just leave it at that......

• Options
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Come on you super Reds !!!