Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benjy Nurick (ex CAFC blogger and programme editor - on the move again p8)

Comments

• Options
    Done some good work on the matchday programme this season. Will be a tough act to follow 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    First Scott Parker .....
    Well he is a Chelsea fan is Benjy ;)
  • Options
    It's a real shame but as I said to Benjy when he told me last week he isn't the first and won't be the last to learn their trade at Charlton and move on to hopefully better things.

Good luck
    “Better things”?
  • Options
    It's a real shame but as I said to Benjy when he told me last week he isn't the first and won't be the last to learn their trade at Charlton and move on to hopefully better things.

Good luck
    “Better things”?
    Yeah, but he got told last week and it's on a need to know basis. You'd have to join the Bromley clique to find out any more.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Good luck
    “Better things”?
    Yeah, but he got told last week and it's on a need to know basis. You'd have to join the Bromley clique to find out any more.
    Still waiting for my invitation to join the clique 🙄
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Off_it said:

Good luck
    “Better things”?
    First rule of the clique is never talk about the clique.

Senior clique members listed in Benjy's tweet 🖖🖖
  • Options

Good luck
    “Better things”?
    Obviously, there is nothing better than working for Charlton but he's Chelsea so doesn't know that 😉
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Good luck
    “Better things”?
    First rule of the clique is never talk about the clique.

Senior clique members listed in Benjy's tweet 🖖🖖
    I’m a Bromley boy. Waiting for the invite mate 😘
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why is he leaving and where is he going? 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I blame Ged
  • Options
    Wow a real loss to us supporters, but some one else’s gain. Great writer and seemed to “get” what charlton was about right off the bat.

Strange he got his role as the programme editor only at the beginning of the season and has moved on… but hey ho. 
  • Options
    Spoken to Benjy a few times. He’s a great guy and I do hope Charlton will forever be in his heart. 

He was ‘with us’ for longer in his two spells, but it all feels a bit Conor Gallagher - we were the first to witness (and benefit from) the talent which has now moved onwards and upwards.
    Goes with nothing but best wishes but nevertheless a little bitter sweet. 

Was he only on loan to us from Bloomberg's then?
  • Options
    Please, where is he going or is it a top secret?! Will really miss his pieces.
  • Options
    Is he off to a certain subscription sports site? 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Probably going to Crystal Palace hence all the hush hush 💀😉

all the best to Benjy whatever the future holds for him though.
  • Options
    Perhaps he's been head hunted by Palace and we'll all be told officially by the club in a letter to fans on the day he goes....
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I blame Ged
    He was obviously Adkins' man. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lads don’t worry, I heard we’re using the black box room to find a suitable replacement for Benjy. 
  • Options
    Get Curbs in for rest of the season I say.
  • Options
    Great journalist, he has a terrific future 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

“My world does not end with these four walls. Slough’s a big place. When I’ve finished with Slough, there’s Reading, Aldershot, Bracknell. Didcot, Yateley. You know. Winnersh. Taplow. Because I am my own boss. Burghfield.”

..”Life on the road …”🎶🎸
  • Options
    Reading!?!

• Options
    That's a surprise. Writing for a Reading local paper (at a time when the local press are struggling) doesn't feel like much of a step up. Does he live out that way?