Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City v Charlton Athletic | Sat 08 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Out of us or Wigan for relegation. 
    Wigan were narrowly beaten by challengers for playoffs.  We're being thrashed by a team that are also relegation fodder.
  • Options
    The one thing we hoped was that our relegation form was due to our injury crisis.  Now we know it isn't we are in trouble.
    Our form since jan 1st hasn't actually been that bad, if we are going to be a bit more balanced with our criticism and on paper stoke beat us nearly every time with there first team. 
  • Options
    Subs at last!! Bit late.
  • Options
    72' DOUBLE SUB | Ben Purrington and Jonny Williams make way for Alfie Doughty and Erhun Oztumer. #scfc 3 #cafc 1
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    The one thing we hoped was that our relegation form was due to our injury crisis.  Now we know it isn't we are in trouble.
    Our form since jan 1st hasn't actually been that bad, if we are going to be a bit more balanced with our criticism and on paper stoke beat us nearly every time with there first team. 
    Don't panic!
  • Options
    Don’t worry Lads, Oztumer is coming on.
    Gonna bully our way back into the game
  • Options
    Talal said:
    This ref is worse than Stroud. 
    Aussies and Charlton, a tale as old as time
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Don't panic!
    I'm not 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    75' Taylor booked. #scfc 3 #cafc 1
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    72' DOUBLE SUB | Ben Purrington and Jonny Williams make way for Alfie Doughty and Erhun Oztumer. #scfc 3 #cafc 1
    Can't take Williams off - it might cost us the game....
  • Options
    Relegation scrap due to injuries? I don’t think so. We’re not good enough. Let’s be honest. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Too narrow again huge space in either full back position and Taylor loses it by being crowded out centrally with no winger or overlapping fullback to pass to. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Wigan were narrowly beaten by challengers for playoffs.  We're being thrashed by a team that are also relegation fodder.
    Stoke are a team in pretty good form tbh, they won’t be going down. 4 wins in their last 7 league games.
  • Options
    Gallagher made such a difference. 
  • Options
    73' It's another questionable one from the looks of the replays. Martins-Indi goes over with what looks like no contact. #scfc 3 #cafc 1
  • Options
    New signings have made a real difference 
  • Options
    I will say it until I'm blue in the face.

YOU HAVE TO SCORE GOALS TO WIN GAMES. YOU DONT WIN TOO MANY GAMES BY SCORING JUST 1 GOAL.
    YES BUT IF YOU KEEP A CLEAN SHEET YOU DEFINITELY GET ONE POINT AND IF YOU THEN SCORE JUST 1 GOAL YOU GET 3 POINTS. WE HAVE SCORED AS MANY GOALS AS THE TEAM IN 5TH PLACE AND THAT IS NOT THE REASON WE ARE WHERE WE ARE! 
    The bloke will never listen to you, you’re wasting your time.
  • Options
    Disappointing but confirms my fears that we are actually pretty shite. All this “when we’ve got everybody back we’ll be world beaters” bollocks. We were stealing games earlier in the season. Other than 45 mins against forest, the reverse fixtures against Stoke and Derby who were both in disarray at the time, we were bang average. Hopefully we are less shite than the bottom three but it’s going to be a rough ride. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    5 points from 5 matches.  Relegation form.
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Relegation scrap due to injuries? I don’t think so. We’re not good enough. Let’s be honest. 
    We just need to score more and concede less. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Chunes said:
    This is a relegation dogfight isn't it? Because it looks like a top 3 side against relegation strugglers.

Since O'Neill took charge their home record is:

P7 W4 D2 L1 PTS14 / 2 points per game

They are strong at home and their league position is largely down to their poor start under Jones.
  • Options
    76' Stoke sub | Powell replaced by Thompson. #scfc 3 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Barnsley are the reference point from here on out. 

They played alright today, unlucky to get all three points tbh.

So it's gonna be a close one.
  • Options
    Been out, just read the whole thread. The midfield three of Davis, Cullen and Pratley didn’t fill me with confidence. Too similar in my opinion, no attacking threat. Thought the aim of bringing bodies in was partly to rotate and give players like Pratley a rest. Doesn’t sound like we have much about us today which is completely opposite to when we were down to the bare bones and using the kids. Expected much better today and last week. 
  • Options
    Cant blame the officials for us being shit today but it doesnt help when they are absolute toilet themselves
  • Options
    Stoke will finish mid-table i think, they've got a decent side to be fair. No idea what Nathan Jones was doing to have this lot in the bottom 3.
  • Options
    Probably Williams still not fit for 90 minutes and if he's not been having an impact today, better to be preserved for Tuesday night.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Gallagher made such a difference. 
      Only when Cullen was alongside him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!