Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City v Charlton Athletic | Sat 08 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    We are still standing on our own 18 yard line when we have possession. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    The one thing we hoped was that our relegation form was due to our injury crisis.  Now we know it isn't we are in trouble.
    Our form since jan 1st hasn't actually been that bad, if we are going to be a bit more balanced with our criticism and on paper stoke beat us nearly every time with there first team. 
    5 points from 5 matches.  Relegation form.
    Look at the teams we played
    Fair point.  Too late to save my pants unfortunately.
  • Options
    Posted at83'

Jordan Thompson (Stoke City) wins a free kick on the left wing.

Posted at83'

Foul by Adam Matthews (Charlton Athlet

• Options
    I will say it until I'm blue in the face.

YOU HAVE TO SCORE GOALS TO WIN GAMES. YOU DONT WIN TOO MANY GAMES BY SCORING JUST 1 GOAL.
    YES BUT IF YOU KEEP A CLEAN SHEET YOU DEFINITELY GET ONE POINT AND IF YOU THEN SCORE JUST 1 GOAL YOU GET 3 POINTS. WE HAVE SCORED AS MANY GOALS AS THE TEAM IN 5TH PLACE AND THAT IS NOT THE REASON WE ARE WHERE WE ARE! 
    46 DRAWS WILL PROBABLY GET YOU RELEGATED.
    NOT THIS YEAR 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    3-1 up and they've swapped striker for striker, contrast that with what bowyer would do.
    And that to the desire shown by Ince to get back there. Contrast is so obvious
  • Options
    84' Taylor's ball in deflects towards goal where Butland makes the catch. #scfc 3 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    This is a relegation dogfight isn't it? Because it looks like a top 3 side against relegation strugglers.

Since O'Neill took charge their home record is:

P7 W4 D2 L1 PTS14 / 2 points per game

They are strong at home and their league position is largely down to their poor start under Jones.
    Just shows you what a change of manager does......just like Millwall.
  • Options
    Will be lucky to finish this without a red.
  • Options
    Posted at83'

Attempt missed. Danny Batth (Stoke City) header from very close range following a set piece situation.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

YOU HAVE TO SCORE GOALS TO WIN GAMES. YOU DONT WIN TOO MANY GAMES BY SCORING JUST 1 GOAL.
    YES BUT IF YOU KEEP A CLEAN SHEET YOU DEFINITELY GET ONE POINT AND IF YOU THEN SCORE JUST 1 GOAL YOU GET 3 POINTS. WE HAVE SCORED AS MANY GOALS AS THE TEAM IN 5TH PLACE AND THAT IS NOT THE REASON WE ARE WHERE WE ARE! 
    NOT THIS YEAR 
    ANYONE SEEN MY GLASSES?  IM 89 YOU KNOW!
  • Options
    Doughty bust his gut to run 60 yards up the pitch, turns inside to Pratley who then passes it backwards to basically where Doughty started his run. Jesus H Christ - the brains on these players sometimes. 
  • Options

WILL YOU BOTH STOP SHOUTING
    Yes, I had to turn down the volume
  • Options
    Need to splash the cash in January and get our injured players back and we'll be going for the playoffs...

It wasn't even funny typing this tbh. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    3-1 up and they've swapped striker for striker, contrast that with what bowyer would do.
    Utter bull. Their striker Campbell is just coming back from injury and needs his minutes managing. Against Barnsley we were 2-0 up and swapped taylor for Hemed. What's your point? 
    My point is that this season we have thrown away points and points and points by making defensive changes and sitting back? How the fuck can you disagree with that, it's a fucking fact. The way some fans plate Bowyer it's unreal, the man is capable of error.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Utter bull. Their striker Campbell is just coming back from injury and needs his minutes managing. Against Barnsley we were 2-0 up and swapped taylor for Hemed. What's your point? 

Thank you. Some nonsense is spouted on here sometimes.
  • Options
    5 - 0 on the yellow card front, I can't believe what I'm watching.
  • Options
    3 month contest between us and Wigan to see who is less shite. Who's ready?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    This is a relegation dogfight isn't it? Because it looks like a top 3 side against relegation strugglers.

Since O'Neill took charge their home record is:

P7 W4 D2 L1 PTS14 / 2 points per game

They are strong at home and their league position is largely down to their poor start under Jones.
    Just shows you what a change of manager does......just like Millwall.

Go on then, name a manager out there that can do better with this squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SSN: Stoke should be 4 but Pearce stopped Ince, but all Stoke
  • Options
    It’s been a while since I’ve felt this low after a game. Feels like one of the worst of the Bowyer era.
  • Options
    Not sure Davis has benefited us at all today.
  • Options
    Thank god for Brentford 
  • Options
    Posted at85'

Foul by Jordan Thompson (Stoke City).

Posted at85'

Alfie Doughty (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    We had a shot 25 minutes ago. Nothing since Pearce's header.
  • Options
    How does the ref not blow for offside there. Basically turns there infringement into their advantage. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    It’s been a while since I’ve felt this low after a game. Feels like one of the worst of the Bowyer era.

Boro away was worse.
  • Options
    Good job our home form is improving a bit because our away form is appalling.
  • Options
    The shape of this team, and tactics wise is utterly shambolic! 

Too similar to Karl Robinson refusing to change system , bowyer just doesn’t seem to want to play any other way!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!