Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City v Charlton Athletic | Sat 08 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ah a brace each for ivan and armand
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    The shape of this team, and tactics wise is utterly shambolic! 

Too similar to Karl Robinson refusing to change system , bowyer just doesn’t seem to want to play any other way!

Except we started the match 4-3-3........

...next
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Too similar to Karl Robinson refusing to change system , bowyer just doesn’t seem to want to play any other way!
    I thought he liked two strikers, so what happened today playing 4-3-3
  • Options
    Enoughs enough. Off to watch the rugby. And if England lose that i'm going to be in a foul mood tonight.

Goodnight!
  • Options
    Posted at90'

Foul by Tommy Smith (Stoke City).

Posted at90'

David Davis (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    The only positive to take from today is the fact that Wigan, Barnsley and Luton didn't make up much ground on us.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    It’s been a while since I’ve felt this low after a game. Feels like one of the worst of the Bowyer era.
    Agree. Think we’ve been worse this season, Wigan away springs to mind. But I genuinely thought we’d be decent with the injured lads back. 
  • Options
    What the hell are they doing? This is just appalling.
    Control, decision making, vision, tactics, appropriate subs, fight, drive, movement, pressure, composure... any more characteristics that have been utterly absent today?
  • Options
    90+1 Five minutes added. #scfc 3 #cafc 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Weve played 3 different systems in this game alone..... 

Should have taken one of the midfield 3 off by now for Hemed I give you that.
  • Options
    WE HAD A SHOT
  • Options
    90+1 Taylor with a great turn and shot on the edge of the box, comes very close. #scfc 3 #cafc 1
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Good job our home form is improving a bit because our away form is appalling.
    We were rubbish last week against Barnsley.  We just managed to find a way to win. We simply must beat Wigan and Luton and hope the rest of the results help us. With other results today it is a four way shoot out with an outside chance that Hull will plummet. 
  • Options
    Two bits of good football in 90 minutes. 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Except we started the match 4-3-3........

...next
    I meant more , the deep lying midfield where there is a huge gaping chunk between the attackers and the midfield
  • Options
    I didn’t see the game away at Middlesbrough, but this for me is the worst we have played all season. We just look so poor.

We get the ball, move it slowly and then go route one up to the strikers, bypassing the midfield. We don’t win the ball and the second ball bypasses the midfield. It’s ridiculous.

No width, no real shape, no movement off the ball, too many gaps between the lines.

Oztumer has looked bright since coming on.
  • Options
    Let's also remember Stoke have single players that cost more than our entire squad!

Yes, we've played awfully but we've been stitched up for two goals and seen our best player booted around the pitch without a single Stoke player picking up a yellow card.
    That's a far too balanced opinion for on here 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This league is a dickhead.
  • Options
    FT Luton 0-1
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I will say it until I'm blue in the face.

YOU HAVE TO SCORE GOALS TO WIN GAMES. YOU DONT WIN TOO MANY GAMES BY SCORING JUST 1 GOAL.
    YES BUT IF YOU KEEP A CLEAN SHEET YOU DEFINITELY GET ONE POINT AND IF YOU THEN SCORE JUST 1 GOAL YOU GET 3 POINTS. WE HAVE SCORED AS MANY GOALS AS THE TEAM IN 5TH PLACE AND THAT IS NOT THE REASON WE ARE WHERE WE ARE! 
    46 DRAWS WILL PROBABLY GET YOU RELEGATED.
    NOT THIS YEAR 
    ANYONE SEEN MY GLASSES?  IM 89 YOU KNOW!
    How many more times? You have to be 90 for this thread!

Sorry wrong thread
  • Options
    Stoke have now won 5 of their last 8 at home.

Sometimes you just get beaten by a better team.
  • Options
    Sounded like a complete load of dross!! Switched off now, but very worried about Tuesday night, Forest could tear us a new one!! Need Wigan, Barnsley and Luton to keep losing...or we're in deep trouble!
  • Options
    Nil Desperandum, I am sure the "Marquee" de Sade, aka the "Tweeter Deleter" will explain soon that today was part of the grand plan.
  • Options
    I’d settle for a draw now
    If only.
  • Options
    Cullen, Davis, Williams and Pratley is one hell of a midfield particularly by recent availability 
    Too defensive maybe
  • Options
    90'+5'

Joe Allen (Stoke City) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

Posted at90'+5'

Foul by Erhun Oztumer (Charlton Athletic).

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!