Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 07 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/george-lapslie-has-passed-one-examination-now-he-wants-charlton-athletic-to-pass-championship-test/

Good to see its Lewis Page organising the Courses... Glad that he's kept busy and isnt dwelling on the injuries

Not to mention he's giving himself an alternative route if injuries ruin his career - Should take note of Eddie Howe's career!!
  • Options
    O shit. Just seen its kids-for-a-quid tomorrow. Lots of little un's running about, up & down stairs and generally getting in the way. Then we have their parents who, never been to The Valley before, stand halfway down a stairway, looking at their tickets trying to work out if they are in the right Block & then looking for their row.

Bingo time again. 
  • Options

very concerned about our defence - we need to be at least 2 goals up going into the last 10 minutes - just hope LB goes with as tried and tested side as possible 

Phillips

Matthews

Osilajha

Pearce

Purrington

Pratley

Doughty

Cullen

Williams

Bonne

Taylor 

• Options
    O shit. Just seen its kids-for-a-quid tomorrow. Lots of little un's running about, up & down stairs and generally getting in the way. Then we have their parents who, never been to The Valley before, stand halfway down a stairway, looking at their tickets trying to work out if they are in the right Block & then looking for their row.

Bingo time again. 
    Concidering our current plight kids for a quid is the least of our problems 
  • Options
    LB can rearrange the deck chairs but the ship is still going down. 
  • Options

Bingo time again. 
    And to make matters worse, there will be NO kissing tomorrow....just elbow bumping .

:-(
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Scary game tomorrow, my first visit back to Valley since Brentford home.
    Stating the bleedin, really need 3 points - but please dont make it as hard and nail-biting as the Brentford game, who slaughtered us without getting their reward- luckily for us.

Re defence, couldnt Pratley play at the back?
  • Options
    4000 home tickets left, so @17,000 home sales.
  • Options

Bingo time again. 
    And to make matters worse, there will be NO kissing tomorrow....just elbow bumping .

:-(
     Not having that.
    You're getting snogged when I see you  😚
  • Options
    Cannot see us getting anything, or any attacking going on with those two at the back.

0-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as has been said ad nauseum .. back to basics, 4 4 2 .. diamonds might well be a girl's best friend but that formation drives this particular fan up the wall ..  we don't have the players to play fancy stuff at this level.
     At this stage of the season, in our position we need caution allied to swift attacks .. not easy to achieve, but u no wer I meen .. 
    Saturday was a good example .. playing out (read fucking about at) from the back cost us the first goal and that was a wound from which we never recovered.
  • Options
    Don't mind who plays and how they do it just win please, 1-0.
  • Options
    Will be amazed if we stop Boro scoring. Lose this one and we really are in deep trouble. Truthfully, I'm setting myself up for a defeat, based mainly on our last three games - a fortunate win against Luton and two diabolical away performances.
  • Options
    fckin seatkickers!!!!!! BahHumbug. 
  • Options
    Planning to get to Charlton at 12 .
    I shall be suitably pissed by 3pm.

It helps when the game is this important. 
  • Options
    We need a win but I'm feeling pessimistic.

Sorry.
  • Options
    I hope the crowd don't get too nervous tomorrow and that it transmits to the players.  However, if we get beaten tomorrow then I  can't see how we avoid a death spiral of negativity leading to relegation.

Trying to stay optimistic.  Not having a lot of luck so far!
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Sage said:
    SDAddick said:
    Sage said:
    Phillips
    Matthews Oshilaja Pearce Purrington
    Cullen
    Pratley Forster-Caskey
    Williams
    Taylor Bonne

Amos, Solly, Doughty, Davis, Oztumer, Aneke, Green

That’s what I would go for, but I think we will see McGeady, Lapslie, and Hemed in the squad. But would really like to see Aneke back in the squad for this.

Forster-Caskey to start to allow for more natural balance, experience, and support for both Pearce and Purrington. He will have the freedom to go forward to put good crosses into the box as well due to having Cullen and Pratley in the team. It’s also another player capable of putting a good set-piece in too. Unfortunately, too often they have been poor and we know he can do it.

Aneke to come on and bully them and force us higher up the pitch. Green to come on and stretch them in behind.

This team has experience, leaders, and players who genuinely care, rather than those who joined just over a month ago and haven’t done anything to warrant a spot in the team.

Back to basics, use our strengths and the balance of the side. Use the crowd to our advantage and we will get a result.

Nervy game but a late goal makes it comfortable at the end.

Charlton Athletic 2-0 Middlesbrough
    Taylor x2
    There's no way JFC is anywhere near match fit enough to start, is there? Don't get me wrong, I rate him very highly and think we have desperately missed him all season, but given how many injury problems he's had, is he even ready for 60 minutes? 
    Been training for a couple of weeks now. He didn’t feature in the U23s so you would expect him to have some degree of fitness to be able to start. If he’s able to, I most certainly would pick him. Even if it’s 60 minutes and say Aneke comes on and we drop Williams into the 3 in midfield. I don’t want to see young, inexperienced, and loanees starting a game like this. We need men, experience, leaders, players who have positional and tactical awareness, and who are prepared to fight for the club and their future at our club. 
    This Hemed's return to squads recently renders Aneke probably our least relevant player for some time.  
    Hemed was hopeless at Huddersfield, I think he kicked more opposition players than he did the ball. Indeed I thought he was trying to copy Reza's sending off in our previous visit there...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    So many selecting Taylor with Bonne up front but what proof is there that these 2 can actually play together? From what ive seen (admittedly not much), they havemt had many minutes together and they are different personalities. I'd even venture there's a significant personaility clash, all be it an undramatic one, but one that means they don't or can't play well together.

For those reasons I like redrobo's selection. Taylor upfront with Williams, Doughty (or Green for me) in supporting roles.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    SDAddick said:
    Sage said:
    Phillips
    Cullen
    Pratley Forster-Caskey
    Williams
    Taylor Bonne

That’s what I would go for, but I think we will see McGeady, Lapslie, and Hemed in the squad. But would really like to see Aneke back in the squad for this.

Forster-Caskey to start to allow for more natural balance, experience, and support for both Pearce and Purrington. He will have the freedom to go forward to put good crosses into the box as well due to having Cullen and Pratley in the team. It’s also another player capable of putting a good set-piece in too. Unfortunately, too often they have been poor and we know he can do it.

Aneke to come on and bully them and force us higher up the pitch. Green to come on and stretch them in behind.

This team has experience, leaders, and players who genuinely care, rather than those who joined just over a month ago and haven’t done anything to warrant a spot in the team.

Back to basics, use our strengths and the balance of the side. Use the crowd to our advantage and we will get a result.

Taylor x2
    There's no way JFC is anywhere near match fit enough to start, is there? Don't get me wrong, I rate him very highly and think we have desperately missed him all season, but given how many injury problems he's had, is he even ready for 60 minutes? 
    Been training for a couple of weeks now. He didn’t feature in the U23s so you would expect him to have some degree of fitness to be able to start. If he’s able to, I most certainly would pick him. Even if it’s 60 minutes and say Aneke comes on and we drop Williams into the 3 in midfield. I don’t want to see young, inexperienced, and loanees starting a game like this. We need men, experience, leaders, players who have positional and tactical awareness, and who are prepared to fight for the club and their future at our club. 
    I agree with picking JFC if fit but doubt he is ready to start. Our young inexperienced players have actually done alright when needed in tough times, id rather cheer them on than some of the so called experienced leader players that we apparently have or have loaned in. Conor was a young inexperienced loanee and he didnt do bad.

We will muller them 3-0 
  • Options
    So many selecting Taylor with Bonne up front but what proof is there that these 2 can actually play together? From what ive seen (admittedly not much), they havemt had many minutes together and they are different personalities. I'd even venture there's a significant personaility clash, all be it an undramatic one, but one that means they don't or can't play well together.

For those reasons I like redrobo's selection. Taylor upfront with Williams, Doughty (or Green for me) in supporting roles.
    We beat Bristol city 3-1 in the first game they played together after a run of about 15 games without a win / taylor was brilliant, Bonne motm 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    SDAddick said:
    Sage said:
    Phillips
    Cullen
    Pratley Forster-Caskey
    Williams
    Taylor Bonne

Taylor x2
    I agree with picking JFC if fit but doubt he is ready to start. Our young inexperienced players have actually done alright when needed in tough times, id rather cheer them on than some of the so called experienced leader players that we apparently have or have loaned in. Conor was a young inexperienced loanee and he didnt do bad.

We will muller them 3-0 
    Jfc is a bit part player and will make little difference in our bid to stay up - in my opinion, of course 
  • Options
    I sort of agree with you. Id rather see him than McGeady on the pitch

• Options

Bingo time again. 
    Whereabouts do you sit, Golfie?

• Options
    East Stand 
  • Options
    Hoping and praying on this one. Two wins in the next 2 games could be so crucial in staying up. But there waa something about the Huddersfield defeat that for the first time this season felt like watching a relegation team. Hope that is not the case. Still do not fancy us tomorrow. 1-0 Middlesbro and another team do the double over us.