Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 07 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    a tense & nervy 1-1 Green & a Pearce og...😲😢

just hope we don’t lose...🤞🏻

Ps, & hope we smash em...!!!

Cmon U Addicks 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    So many selecting Taylor with Bonne up front but what proof is there that these 2 can actually play together? From what ive seen (admittedly not much), they havemt had many minutes together and they are different personalities. I'd even venture there's a significant personaility clash, all be it an undramatic one, but one that means they don't or can't play well together.

For those reasons I like redrobo's selection. Taylor upfront with Williams, Doughty (or Green for me) in supporting roles.
    We beat Bristol city 3-1 in the first game they played together after a run of about 15 games without a win / taylor was brilliant, Bonne motm 
    Accept that but any more examples? I'm not sure they work well together.

have you any examples where it hasn't worked? to me, taylor does some great work outside the box but when he's out of it, he needs somebody in it to get on the end of his great crosses - bonne is the best finisher in my opinion and not bad outside the box either 
    Plenty. Just had a look over the stats. Of the 32 games so far, they have been on the pitch together 9 times and in only 3 have they both started- QPR (a), then Bristol (h), and away at sheff weds (Bonne off @75mins).  Of the 5 goals in those games T & B got 3 of them; of those, 1 was an assist by Taylor for Bonne (a one-two against Bristol).
    In 4 of the other 6 games we failed to score (time on pitch together 117 mins plus any injury time). In the 2 remaining games Bonne came on @84mins at Barnsley in August; and @79mins home to Luton. 2-2 and 3-1 respectively. (A nice one-two with Lapslie v Luton for one goal in those).

Apart from this miserable return from them playing together, the body language between them is non existent. I think Bonne is intimidated by Taylor. They both play their better games without the other, and Bonne in particular.

Very happy for these trends to be bucked today of course, but we will not be playing to a strength if both start.
  • Options
    Grey and murky over south London right now. We need sunshine on the pitch please...dont  be scared. Go win!
  • Options
    Got the starting eleven correct

Smith over Oztumer my only error on the bench!!
  • Options
    Got the starting eleven correct

Smith over Oztumer my only error on the bench!!
    Can’t believe Oztumer is the fall guy from last week rather than McGeady
  • Options
    Odd that there is no Solly given we have no defenders on the bench (bar Doughty who you'd hardly bring on to shore things up).

Would have had Oztumer over most of that bench and would like to know what's happened to Aneke. 

But on the whole I think that's a good lineup. Would have Bonne over Green but think he is rotating them.
  • Options
    I think Solly may be finished at this level.
  • Options
    Saving him for next season then? I can only assume his knee has finally given up
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Saving him for next season then? I can only assume his knee has finally given up
    He said recently that thanks to our new Physio Danny Murphy (Thanks ESI) his knee has never been better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll win this handsomely today.
    Prick.
  • Options
    Keohane marching around with an attractive young lady acting like he owns the place.

Called it!