Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Middlesbrough | Sat 07 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    So many selecting Taylor with Bonne up front but what proof is there that these 2 can actually play together? From what ive seen (admittedly not much), they havemt had many minutes together and they are different personalities. I'd even venture there's a significant personaility clash, all be it an undramatic one, but one that means they don't or can't play well together.

For those reasons I like redrobo's selection. Taylor upfront with Williams, Doughty (or Green for me) in supporting roles.
    We beat Bristol city 3-1 in the first game they played together after a run of about 15 games without a win / taylor was brilliant, Bonne motm 
    Accept that but any more examples? I'm not sure they work well together.
  • Options
    433 for me tomorrow with Pratley at centre back

Phillips

Matthews Pratley Pearce Purrington

Lapslie  Davis  Cullen

Williams Taylor Bonne

Bench:  Amos, Doughty, Oshilaja, Smith, Green, Oztumer or McGeady, Hemed 

Or 352  with Oshilaja and Doughty for Davis and Purrington

• Options
    The proverbial 6 pointer which we can’t afford to lose. But the thought of Pearce & Oshilaja in the centre of defence fills me with dread. Boro haven’t won for something like 10 games but I don’t feel confident that the players will have the bottle to grind out a result. Hope they prove me wrong though!
  • Options
    Yep agree about Pearce & Oshilaja, so Pratley has to play at CB with Pearce.

Ok Pratley would contribute greatly in midfield but more important to have a solid defence for me.
    Difficult decision though.

• Options
    Just seen it's World Book Day dress up tomorrow. Golfie will love that
  • Options
    Would like to see  4-2-3-1 for this one:

Phillips 

Matthews Oshilaja Pearce Purrington 

Pratley Cullen 

Green Williams Doughty 

Taylor 

Purrington in to help defend against counter attacking down wing.

Push Doughty up to play alongside Williams.

Pratley to protect back four.
    Cullen to feed front four.

Easy to drop to 4-5-1 if defending a lead or convert to 4-3-3 if we have to chase the game.

We need a positive result with a bright start to both halves.
    And we need to be focused when defending.

Too many individual errors piled on top of each other have cost us dear this season.

The first goal versus Huddersfield being the most recent example.

Feeling nervous already.

COYR 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    So many selecting Taylor with Bonne up front but what proof is there that these 2 can actually play together? From what ive seen (admittedly not much), they havemt had many minutes together and they are different personalities. I'd even venture there's a significant personaility clash, all be it an undramatic one, but one that means they don't or can't play well together.

For those reasons I like redrobo's selection. Taylor upfront with Williams, Doughty (or Green for me) in supporting roles.
    We beat Bristol city 3-1 in the first game they played together after a run of about 15 games without a win / taylor was brilliant, Bonne motm 
    Accept that but any more examples? I'm not sure they work well together.

have you any examples where it hasn't worked? to me, taylor does some great work outside the box but when he's out of it, he needs somebody in it to get on the end of his great crosses - bonne is the best finisher in my opinion and not bad outside the box either 
  • Options
    433 for me tomorrow with Pratley at centre back

Phillips

Matthews Pratley Pearce Purrington

Lapslie  Davis  Cullen

Williams Taylor Bonne

Bench:  Amos, Doughty, Oshilaja, Smith, Green, Oztumer or McGeady, Hemed 

Or 352  with Oshilaja and Doughty for Davis and Purrington

i don't want to see davis anywhere near the starting 11 - we need footballers out there today - people who can hurt the opposition
  • Options
    Toilet paper panic buying

Anxious Charlton supporter shopping before today's game.
    I thought that was me in makro the  other day , I bought a gazillion rolls of Andrex x 24 BOGOF 
    cos of my IBS 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Possibly biggest game of season so far. 

Defence - if in doubt, kick it out. 
    No mucking around. Hoof it into their half and reset. 
  • Options
    0-1 to Boro 
  • Options
    I agree with Douch, I think we need Pratley in between Oshi and Pearce. Looking forward to this one!! 
  • Options
    Middlesbrough have sold 1,700 to the ckets for the game today. Considering the journey and the form they are in that's great support. Hopefully a good atmosphere today
  • Options
    Huge moment in our season today, I have no idea how it will go, Pratley being back will give me some confidence 
  • Options
    Praying for a win today for many reasons 
  • Options
    Can never see Charlton losing. However, confidence has now gone. Easy to blame the defence when we lose, and cheer the forwards when we win. Personally, I think a lot of problems have been in the midfield. We need Pratley back and a return to form for Cullen. Any back 4 under constant pressure will inevitably make mistakes.
    Charlton 1-0
    Pearce MOM

We need Bonne to start because survival could be dependant on him firing with Taylor. 
    Smith will think if he doesn’t start why the hell did he join.

• Options
    Would take a 1-0, Scramble goal 90+7 Win, Bit Nervous, All big games from here on in! Lets hope the covered
    end is rocking!  COYRS!!!!
  • Options
    Please just none of that farting around at the back
    Just clear it ffs
  • Options
    On a different note is it confirmed that theres no trains into charlton today??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On a different note is it confirmed that theres no trains into charlton today??
    No trains between Deptford/Lewisham & Plumstead,half-hourly train service between Dartford & Plumstead.
    Alternative route from Central London,Jubilee line to North Greenwich buses 161,472 & 486 all go to Charlton Station.
    From Plumstead buses 177,180 & 472 all go to Charlton Station or there is a half-hourly rail replacement bus service between the affected stations.
  • Options
    Need to win today. Bonne and Taylor to start, Williams and Cullen fit, and Pratley back. First goal will be crucial.
  • Options
    giving it a miss, 5 hours travelling, a load of screaming kids and the chance of catching the virus - no thanks
  • Options
    Charlton have confirmed the two teams wont be doing the customary hand shake today

Really hope that the two teams come running on to the pitch and head straight to their halves of the pitch rather than a pointless empty line up

Miss the days when that used to happen, feels to processional these days
  • Options
    Just had 3 robins and a crow on the garden fence so I’m sticking with that 
  • Options
    barstool said:
    Just had 3 robins and a crow on the garden fence so I’m sticking with that 
    Did the crow beat the crap out of the robins?
  • Options
    We'll win this handsomely today.
  • Options
    Keohane marching around with an attractive young lady acting like he owns the place.

• Options
    Keohane marching around with an attractive young lady acting like he owns the place.

Perhaps he’s bought the ground off Roland.
  • Options

Throw your burger at him