Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Living with Corona virus - sufferers thread

Comments

• Options
    Very sorry to hear that @Solidgone. Hopefully you'll both have the care you need. 
  • Options
    I’ve tried (and failed) in the past to get income protection. Does anyone know of any mortgage brokers that offer this to diabetics?
    No way would you get covered now, even if you found one who had offered it until recently.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    My friends (age 78) has been admitted to hospital and in an isolation ward. He has cancer of the bladder and recently started chemotherapy. Unfortunately he took a turn for the worse on Sunday and has not only been diagnosed with Sepsis it’s more than likely he also has Covid 19.  
    As I’ve been looking after him i guess I too will have the virus. It’s all very sad as I’m unable to visit him in hospital and he is a very high risk of dying. 

So sorry to hear that, all the very best to you
  • Options
    Wifes cousin has been fighting it for just over a week,has passed out a couple of times as shes unable to catch her breath,shes slowly coming out the other of it. Wifes best mate also has it,shes not so good,really not well,still at home at the moment,very frightened and tearful. Its so awful to hear her so upset and ill.
  • Options
    Wifes cousin has been fighting it for just over a week,has passed out a couple of times as shes unable to catch her breath,shes slowly coming out the other of it. Wifes best mate also has it,shes not so good,really not well,still at home at the moment,very frightened and tearful. Its so awful to hear her so upset and ill.
    Hope things improve for you all. Best wishes.
  • Options
    Very best wishes to you and your friend, @Solidgone
  • Options
    Thoughts with your family @Redvalleyeast
  • Options
    All the best @Redvalleyeast and @Solidgone
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I have to say the more I read about this virus the more it concerns me.

It is far far more potent than any flu, and can have catastrophic consequences for both young and old.

Really think we are being lied to.
    Not quite how it was sold was it?

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    My friends (age 78) has been admitted to hospital and in an isolation ward. He has cancer of the bladder and recently started chemotherapy. Unfortunately he took a turn for the worse on Sunday and has not only been diagnosed with Sepsis it’s more than likely he also has Covid 19.  
    As I’ve been looking after him i guess I too will have the virus. It’s all very sad as I’m unable to visit him in hospital and he is a very high risk of dying. 
    So sorry to hear this. I wish you well.
    So sorry to hear that story, Solidgone. Hope he makes a recovery. In the meantime look after yourself. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to say the more I read about this virus the more it concerns me.

It is far far more potent than any flu, and can have catastrophic consequences for both young and old.

Really think we are being lied to.
    Not quite how it was sold was it?

We were originally sold the idea that we were going for herd immunity - how many lives were seen as expendable?  
  • Options
    Can we please keep the constant political digs to the politics threads ?
    It's ever so tiring and isn't helping anyone, least of all the few that post the same thing most/every day.
    We all know your view, you don't have to tell us continually.
    I know I'm not a moderator, but I'm politely requesting to keep the politics off here.
    If you disagree, I'd rather you sent me a pm, the very last thing I want to do is cause friction at the worst time of most of our lives. 
    I'm not really clear what you expect people to say if they have concerns with the response? 
  • Options
    Good luck to friends and family @Redvalleyeast and @Solidgone
  • Options
    Just been speaking to the hospital doctor about my friend. It’s confirmed that he has Covid 19 and his oxygen levels are reducing. Critical period over the next few days - signs are not in his favour. It also seems that I’ve had/have Covid 19 and coming through it. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Just been speaking to the hospital doctor about my friend. It’s confirmed that he has Covid 19 and his oxygen levels are reducing. Critical period over the next few days - signs are not in his favour. It also seems that I’ve had/have Covid 19 and coming through it. 
    Best wishes to you both. 
  • Options
    All the best
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I've felt rough since Friday and thought a cold was "coming out" after a few sneezes a couple of days ago.
    No more cold symptoms and I now feel worse than I've done all along.
    I keep feeling ice cold, really achy & lethargic.
    If I take paracetamol it puts my temperature into the high range.
    I took my self to bed a couple of hours ago, as I started feeling faint & sick.
    Just woken up & feel a bit better.
    Most of my mates feel similar. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Felt fine last few days, now this weird illness has come back today, feeling better now though. Just weird, can’t shake it off.

guy I work with that I played poker with about 13 days claims to have it and got better in a day, said he had it all, chest pains, difficulty breathing, weird taste in mouth, feeling faint and the shits (apparently it can be a symptom). Says he feels okay now. 

I’m fairly convinced I have a mild form of it, looking forward to the tests that will be coming out in a few days that will say if you’ve had it and are now immune or not. Will confirm it either way. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've felt rough since Friday and thought a cold was "coming out" after a few sneezes a couple of days ago.
    No more cold symptoms and I now feel worse than I've done all along.
    I keep feeling ice cold, really achy & lethargic.
    If I take paracetamol it puts my temperature into the high range.
    I took my self to bed a couple of hours ago, as I started feeling faint & sick.
    Just woken up & feel a bit better.
    Most of my mates feel similar. 
    Basically what I’ve got, it keeps coming and going, just odd. Not sky high temps, but you know that feeling when you just know you’ve got a temperature 
  • Options
    Felt fine last few days, now this weird illness has come back today, feeling better now though. Just weird, can’t shake it off.

guy I work with that I played poker with about 13 days claims to have it and got better in a day, said he had it all, chest pains, difficulty breathing, weird taste in mouth, feeling faint and the shits (apparently it can be a symptom). Says he feels okay now. 

I’m fairly convinced I have a mild form of it, looking forward to the tests that will be coming out in a few days that will say if you’ve had it and are now immune or not. Will confirm it either way. 
    Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Considering you can’t get your hands on Toilet roll in this country at this moment in time, I reckon the chances of getting hold of one of these tests should they materialise are none to f**k all!
  • Options

Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Considering you can’t get your hands on Toilet roll in this country at this moment in time, I reckon the chances of getting hold of one of these tests should they materialise are none to f**k all!
    I’m working 12-13 hour days from home which can’t be helpful to my immune system either, still, I’m getting overtime and I need the work as they’ll be fuck all after this job I’m on. 
  • Options
    I'm now into my third week of whatever it is I've got and it's really starting to get tedious now. I'm so fed up with feeling shattered all the time.
  • Options
    There is a strange taste in the mouth and I mean strange. Taste buds are working but the taste of food is slightly different. Weird. 
  • Options
    I've read a bit more and feeling freezing cold & having night sweats is not uncommon.
    Although personally, I've not seen this officially mentioned as symptoms.
    I find it peculiar that it hasn't been said whether they are or are not symptoms.
  • Options
    I've read a bit more and feeling freezing cold & having night sweats is not uncommon.
    Although personally, I've not seen this officially mentioned as symptoms.
    I find it peculiar that it hasn't been said whether they are or are not symptoms.
     Have you got a dry cough?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I’ve the worst stomach ache of my life Since last Friday . really bad pain Easing off since yesterday . Apparently this is a symptom ???? Or maybe just bad guts ??? 
  • Options
    What’s a dry cough? I’ve had a slight cough since  yesterday. I can feel it on my chest with an itch at the bottom of my throat 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Thoughts are with you mate - keep on keeping on