Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Living with Corona virus - sufferers thread

Comments

• Options
    What’s a dry cough? I’ve had a slight cough since  yesterday. I can feel it on my chest with an itch at the bottom of my throat 
    It's a cough where you can't cough anything up, basically. A productive cough it the normal sort where you cough up phlem from your lungs. People often have a bit of a cough in the morning, but that is normal.
    Better info on the NHS website:
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
  • Options
    I've felt rough since Friday and thought a cold was "coming out" after a few sneezes a couple of days ago.
    No more cold symptoms and I now feel worse than I've done all along.
    I keep feeling ice cold, really achy & lethargic.
    If I take paracetamol it puts my temperature into the high range.
    I took my self to bed a couple of hours ago, as I started feeling faint & sick.
    Just woken up & feel a bit better.
    Most of my mates feel similar. 
    Basically what I’ve got, it keeps coming and going, just odd. Not sky high temps, but you know that feeling when you just know you’ve got a temperature 
    And now I feel absolutely fine today, maybe slightly lethargic, but that’s probably more to do with the fact I’ve been stuck inside for the past few days!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    What’s a dry cough? I’ve had a slight cough since  yesterday. I can feel it on my chest with an itch at the bottom of my throat 
    It's a cough where you can't cough anything up, basically. A productive cough it the normal sort where you cough up phlem from your lungs. People often have a bit of a cough in the morning, but that is normal.
    I’m fine in the morning but it gets worse at night. It isnt keeping me awake or noticeable during the night.

ive put it down to stress/lack of sleep/seasonal. I’m still staying indoors for a week just to make sure.
  • Options
    I've felt rough since Friday and thought a cold was "coming out" after a few sneezes a couple of days ago.
    Basically what I’ve got, it keeps coming and going, just odd. Not sky high temps, but you know that feeling when you just know you’ve got a temperature 
    And now I feel absolutely fine today, maybe slightly lethargic, but that’s probably more to do with the fact I’ve been stuck inside for the past few days!
    And now I feel poorly again... wtf body 
  • Options
    I have shortness of breath sore throat and cough, not severe but definetly not normal. My wife has fever and aches all over. Also shortness of breath, we are 34 and 35 year old and in good health. Still a worry though. No idea how we got it as we have been in isolation for over 2 weeks now. If we get it everyone can get it.
  • Options
    This is now taking a lot of prisoners stay safe everyone
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I've read a bit more and feeling freezing cold & having night sweats is not uncommon.
    Although personally, I've not seen this officially mentioned as symptoms.
    I find it peculiar that it hasn't been said whether they are or are not symptoms.
    The last 2 days I've been struggling with a temperature of 101F.
    I'm doing all the recommended procedures to bring it down, but it then goes back up again.
    It's reached the stage that if there was £20 on the floor, you would just leave it.

Still no cough ! Although I was starting to feel wheezy.

My wife told me to complete some NHS questionairre, which I did and it said you've probably got Covid.

Weirdly, she has insisted all along that I haven't got Covid and now my temperature is reducing, she says I told you it wasn't Covid. I can't make out that attitude at all.

If anyone thinks they are coming down with it. I'd go straight to bed and have maximum rest, as this seems to get worse as time progresses. I carried on reasonably normal for 4 days, which was a mistake in hindsight.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I’m still feeling what I’ve had in recent day’s is hay fever, no cough, no temperature, I do have a pain in my chest, but it appears to a bruise from being head butted by a two year old, as I’ve got no shortness of breath. Still have a sore throat which seems to have been around for a few days now

I was last outside about 6 days ago; so either I’ve been asymptomatic or had/have it really mildly, hopefully  
  • Options
    Bear in mind everyone that health anxiety will be going overdrive. It’s still statistically highly unlikely you have covid. Just looking out for a lot of people who will be panicking at the slightest symptom. Past experience tells me that anxiety can cause all of the above as well as viruses and the like 
  • Options
    I've read a bit more and feeling freezing cold & having night sweats is not uncommon.
    Although personally, I've not seen this officially mentioned as symptoms.
    I find it peculiar that it hasn't been said whether they are or are not symptoms.
    The last 2 days I've been struggling with a temperature of 101F.
    I'm doing all the recommended procedures to bring it down, but it then goes back up again.
    It's reached the stage that if there was £20 on the floor, you would just leave it.

Still no cough ! Although I was starting to feel wheezy.

My wife told me to complete some NHS questionairre, which I did and it said you've probably got Covid.

Weirdly, she has insisted all along that I haven't got Covid and now my temperature is reducing, she says I told you it wasn't Covid. I can't make out that attitude at all.

If anyone thinks they are coming down with it. I'd go straight to bed and have maximum rest, as this seems to get worse as time progresses. I carried on reasonably normal for 4 days, which was a mistake in hindsight.
    Be extremely careful and make sure your wife regularly monitors your condition. High temperature and coughing are two of the symptoms of Covid 19. Hopefully the mild version. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Oh I’m complete hypochondriac, so little things are being over reacted too
  • Options
    I think it's only natural to worry when you get the slightest ailment at the moment. Woke up with just a sore throat and thought that's it I've got it, even though I know it's almost certain to be something else. 
  • Options
    Is everyone on this thread who has described symptoms isolating, along with all their family members? 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    From what I read, it is a cough that comes out of nowhere and is persistent.
  • Options
    Good info here from someone on the front line.

https://youtu.be/ylDhesjXPd4
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Is everyone on this thread who has described symptoms isolating, along with all their family members? 
    I've not even taken the bins out for two weeks, and I've waited by the front door until the grocery delivery people have gone before bringing stuff in. Luckily one of my neighbours posted my Mothers' Day card for me.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Yes. No one in our household has been out since Friday when I started feeling unwell.
    Running out of milk, eggs and bread now.
  • Options
    Could it be hay fever/allergies? That's how my allergies go usually. That and congestion. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Yes. No one in our household has been out since Friday when I started feeling unwell.
    Whereabouts are you @Covered End? Perhaps someone local to you could do a food drop for you.

• Options
    If you're exhibiting any symptoms and you're taking the measures described by the government, i.e. isolating for seven days and the household doing so for fourteen, you should be very proud. It's difficult, but it's there right thing to do. The rest of us owe you a debt of thanks. And, when this is all over, your contribution to the fight shouldn't be forgotten. 

Get well soon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Could it be hay fever/allergies? That's how my allergies go usually. That and congestion. 
    I do suffer from hay fever but that feels very different, for one thing hay fever gives me a really runny nose, no runny nose. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Going tomorrow CE what do you need?
    I will waive the normal £100 delivery charge
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    So clb74 phoned me earlier.
    Although I originally declined (I felt bad accepting), I reluctantly agreed to let him get me a few essentials, as he was already shopping tomorrow for an elderly neighbour.

Henry Irving also offered assistance earlier in the week.

I'm feeling the best I have for 7 days, so I'm hoping I'm over the worst.
    The issue is, as Chizz describes above.

My family need to self isolate for a further 7 days and although technically I'm allowed out tomorrow for essentials, I don't want to put others in danger or myself for that matter.

I don't know whether I've had Covid or normal flu.
    I'm on life time medication that suppresses my immune system due to colitis, so I'm quite likely to catch whatever is going around and it takes me longer to get rid of it.

Challenging times, but I'm in a better situation than most and for that I am truly grateful.

Thanks, once again to clb74, you know who the good guys are in times like these, (although tbf I knew already).
    Glad to hear it CE. Long may it continue. @clb74 @Henry Irving top men, both of you.
  • Options
    Around 2 weeks ago my wife and I both woke up with a sore throat, which progressed to a persistent dry cough and pressure and pain across the chest (and for me sharp spots of pain in my lung and back, like a chest infection).  Had slight breathlessness if doing anything mildly strenuous (e.g. walking up the stairs, hoovering etc.). We were both tired and achy. Neither of us had a fever at all.  Now she's back to normal, I still have a persistent cough but apparently that can last weeks. No more pain or pressure in chest. Expect we had it but just isolated as was mild and didn't progress. Didn't call 111 and didn't get tested as wasn't any need. 

For those who are worried, it was definitely mild for us but as we know others aren't so lucky. We are relatively young and in good health (except I'm on the "husky" side of things....). Hopefully testing for antibodies will begin soon so if we've had it we can volunteer and look after family, neighbours etc. whilst putting them at less risk.  I definitely think this is more widespread than people had realised, we live in South Wales and aren't exactly out all the time using public transport etc., so a bit surprised we caught it (...if we actually did)!

Take care everyone. 
  • Options
    @Beardface hope you are ok S mate. 

Wife went up to bed earlier at 8ish with a really high temperature and has had a really sore throat and nostrils today.

I'm worried though as she's feeling cold and has a high temperature. She is tough as old boots and whilst i am a bit of a hypochondriac she never moans about feeling ill so her going to bed without putting the kids to bed she's not right.

Did the 111 online thing and as i understand it she is to isolate for 7 days from today and the rest of us 14 days as i understand it?

• Options

Wife went up to bed earlier at 8ish with a really high temperature and has had a really sore throat and nostrils today.

I'm worried though as she's feeling cold and has a high temperature. She is tough as old boots and whilst i am a bit of a hypochondriac she never moans about feeling ill so her going to bed without putting the kids to bed she's not right.

Did the 111 online thing and as i understand it she is to isolate for 7 days from today and the rest of us 14 days as i understand it?

Hope she feels better mate.
  • Options
    Thanks @carly burn mate.  
  • Options
    edited March 2020

RCT, that was my scenario.
    I felt ill (same symptoms) last Friday, so this is my first day out of self isolation, but the rest of the family can't leave the house until next Friday. Although, they have shown no signs of illness.

One of my mates sent me this which was a good check list to follow.
    I got worse before I got better, so I'd definitely say total rest, will aid a better recovery, as I didn't take to my bed until about day 3, which was a mistake in hindsight.

Obviously, I'm sure you've heard paracetamol is recommended NOT ibuprofen.
    My mate's had it and he is allergic to paracetamol, so was taking aspirin, but he kept getting nosebleeds.

All the best.

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-break-a-fever
  • Options

Hope your wife soon feels better 👍🏻