Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Living with Corona virus - sufferers thread

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    @Beardface hope you are ok S mate. 

Wife went up to bed earlier at 8ish with a really high temperature and has had a really sore throat and nostrils today.

I'm worried though as she's feeling cold and has a high temperature. She is tough as old boots and whilst i am a bit of a hypochondriac she never moans about feeling ill so her going to bed without putting the kids to bed she's not right.

Did the 111 online thing and as i understand it she is to isolate for 7 days from today and the rest of us 14 days as i understand it?

Yes, that's the timescale, assuming you don't also start to exhibit symptoms. Best wishes to your wife - hope she makes a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    @Covered End - there is a problem with the website you have linked. (https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-break-a-fever)

It recommends the use of Ibuprofen, which (while it is OK for most fevers) SHOULD NOT BE USED IF COVID-19 IS SUSPECTED, because it appears that it and similar anti-inflammatories can have DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS for people suffering from Covid-19.

Paracetamol is being recommended for Covid-19 self-medication.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    N01R4M said:
    @Covered End - there is a problem with the website you have linked. (https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-break-a-fever)

It recommends the use of Ibuprofen, which (while it is OK for most fevers) SHOULD NOT BE USED IF COVID-19 IS SUSPECTED, because it appears that it and similar anti-inflammatories can have DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS for people suffering from Covid-19.

Paracetamol is being recommended for Covid-19 self-medication.
    Quite right, I pointed this out in my post thanks.
  • Options
    Thank you all.  Yes we will avoid ibuprofen. 

Thanks
  • Options
    I really hope she is on the mend soon mate, my wife has been telling me she has a sore throat today and I'm doing somersaults. We have not had any human contact for over a week now and I've had my fingers crossed every second of that. 
  • Options
    Has anyone had stomach problems as a precursor to the sore throat and fever ?
  • Options
     l know this thread is really for sufferers and the 4 in my house all seem well but..

Thursday I spoke to a client who almost certainly has it.  Not sure why he answered, never heard anyone sound so bad - on "hello" I could tell and told him to get on with fighting his illness and recovering. Slightly dreading a call Monday.

Then I spoke to another client who had it for two weeks and is now fortunately ok.  

Then spoke to a third who's dad is in his 80's, fell whilst walking a week ago.. went to hospital with a broken hip...got a urinary/kidney infection and now has CV19. 

Then I checked on here and saw the news on Seb.  And finally I found out a near (within 100 metres) neighbour has it and is isolating themselves and family.

It was a shit day and I kicked the wall in the kitchen hard and had to go sit on my bed to get my head straight before seeing the kids.

Good luck to all those suffering directly or indirectly from this shithouse virus.
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    My brother did. He said he had a bad stomach the day before he got a fever. 

To confirm he was never tested so not sure if he defo had the virus. 
  • Options

Wife went up to bed earlier at 8ish with a really high temperature and has had a really sore throat and nostrils today.

I'm worried though as she's feeling cold and has a high temperature. She is tough as old boots and whilst i am a bit of a hypochondriac she never moans about feeling ill so her going to bed without putting the kids to bed she's not right.

Did the 111 online thing and as i understand it she is to isolate for 7 days from today and the rest of us 14 days as i understand it?

Thanks fella. Can't stress how mild mine was thankfully. Worked throughout (from home). 

Hope the Mrs and kids are okay, plenty of rest and the vast majority of people will get through it fine. Shield your vulnerable relatives, and follow all the guidance. All the best mate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holyjo , I’ve had a really painful stomach for 10 days now. No fever though 
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    No and I've not heard of anyone that did.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I think I might have it now.

Woke up fine yesterday morning (just a bit hungover!). Had a shower later on that morning and straight afterwards started to feel a bit achey. Had a normal lunch but didn't go out just in case. By the evening I had this heavy feeling on my chest and a very slight fever. Went to bed and it developed into a proper fever (hot and cold flushes and my body shaking for a few minutes), but woke up 4am and the fever had gone (the other symptoms were still there). Indeed I got up to make a sandwich as I was starving and couldn't sleep because of it

No cough yet, just the aches and heavy/tight chest, and a bit of sneezing.
  • Options

Woke up fine yesterday morning (just a bit hungover!). Had a shower later on that morning and straight afterwards started to feel a bit achey. Had a normal lunch but didn't go out just in case. By the evening I had this heavy feeling on my chest and a very slight fever. Went to bed and it developed into a proper fever (hot and cold flushes and my body shaking for a few minutes), but woke up 4am and the fever had gone (the other symptoms were still there). Indeed I got up to make a sandwich as I was starving and couldn't sleep because of it

I barely got any cough, although felt slightly wheezy.
    Sneezing is not a symptom.
    I'd say do as little as possible to aid your recovery.
    Take care.
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Holy Jo, please sell at standard price the 99 rolls you have stockpiled as there are many IBS sufferers.
    Shit happens.
    Cheers.
  • Options

I barely got any cough, although felt slightly wheezy.
    Sneezing is not a symptom.
    I'd say do as little as possible to aid your recovery.
    Take care.
    Thanks, glad you seem to have avoided the worst. Doing as little as possible has never been my problem!

The sneezing seems a bit unconnected, that's why it would be nice to get that test to see whether I've had it or not
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Thanks fella. Can't stress how mild mine was thankfully. Worked throughout (from home). 

Hope the Mrs and kids are okay, plenty of rest and the vast majority of people will get through it fine. Shield your vulnerable relatives, and follow all the guidance. All the best mate. 
    Cheers mate, good to hear. Take care 
  • Options
    Mrs GA has developed a cough and has asthma, she hasn’t a fever yet. So I’m now self isolating for 14 days.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

How's your wife getting on ?
  • Options
    Mrs GA has developed a cough and has asthma, she hasn’t a fever yet. So I’m now self isolating for 14 days.
    All the best 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beardface said:

Temp is still high and she's not feeling great but managed to get downstairs and stuff so fortunately ok so far.

Thanks for asking mate
  • Options
    Hope you are both ok and she gets better soon GA.
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    Holyjo , I’ve had a really painful stomach for 10 days now. No fever though 
    I do suffer from Crohns but the stomach pains I have been having feel really different. Cramps and tightness , and a feeling of nausea which is released with belching or otherwise I have been sick. It could just as easily be my normal problems but my daughter had it too . This on the back of my wife having the Coronas symptoms and being very ill with it 
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Temp is still high and she's not feeling great but managed to get downstairs and stuff so fortunately ok so far.

Thanks for asking mate
    Make sure she takes it easy.
    I stayed up for 3 days and then felt worse days 4-6.
    In hindsight I may have stayed/spent more time in bed if I'd known it was going to get worse, when I was expecting it to get better.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Thanks for asking mate
    In hindsight I may have stayed/spent more time in bed if I'd known it was going to get worse, when I was expecting it to get better.
    Thanks I will definitely pass on the advice.  She is normally very get up and go and always underplays illness/ feeling tired so for her to have stayed resting upstairs since early last evening she must not be feeling right.

• Options
    Beardface said:

Thanks for asking mate
    I'll bear that in mind, as I've not felt that bad today so it's easy to assume I'm getting over it
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    Around 2 weeks ago my wife and I both woke up with a sore throat, which progressed to a persistent dry cough and pressure and pain across the chest (and for me sharp spots of pain in my lung and back, like a chest infection).  Had slight breathlessness if doing anything mildly strenuous (e.g. walking up the stairs, hoovering etc.). We were both tired and achy. Neither of us had a fever at all.  Now she's back to normal, I still have a persistent cough but apparently that can last weeks. No more pain or pressure in chest. Expect we had it but just isolated as was mild and didn't progress. Didn't call 111 and didn't get tested as wasn't any need. 

For those who are worried, it was definitely mild for us but as we know others aren't so lucky. We are relatively young and in good health (except I'm on the "husky" side of things....). Hopefully testing for antibodies will begin soon so if we've had it we can volunteer and look after family, neighbours etc. whilst putting them at less risk.  I definitely think this is more widespread than people had realised, we live in South Wales and aren't exactly out all the time using public transport etc., so a bit surprised we caught it (...if we actually did)!

Take care everyone. 
    You’ve described exactly what I had for around a week. Fortunately live alone, so was easy to avoid others. Still feeling overtired and incredibly achey, but wonder if that’s partly due to being indoors for over a week now. 
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    Around 2 weeks ago my wife and I both woke up with a sore throat, which progressed to a persistent dry cough and pressure and pain across the chest (and for me sharp spots of pain in my lung and back, like a chest infection).  Had slight breathlessness if doing anything mildly strenuous (e.g. walking up the stairs, hoovering etc.). We were both tired and achy. Neither of us had a fever at all.  Now she's back to normal, I still have a persistent cough but apparently that can last weeks. No more pain or pressure in chest. Expect we had it but just isolated as was mild and didn't progress. Didn't call 111 and didn't get tested as wasn't any need. 

For those who are worried, it was definitely mild for us but as we know others aren't so lucky. We are relatively young and in good health (except I'm on the "husky" side of things....). Hopefully testing for antibodies will begin soon so if we've had it we can volunteer and look after family, neighbours etc. whilst putting them at less risk.  I definitely think this is more widespread than people had realised, we live in South Wales and aren't exactly out all the time using public transport etc., so a bit surprised we caught it (...if we actually did)!

Take care everyone. 
    You’ve described exactly what I had for around a week. Fortunately live alone, so was easy to avoid others. Still feeling overtired and incredibly achey, but wonder if that’s partly due to being indoors for over a week now. 
    Definitely feel the same but think sitting on the sofa for 16 hours a day isn’t helping! I need a proper office but don’t think it’s the time for ordering non essential stuff online. 
  • Options
    Anyone feel their symptoms get worse near meal time and then subside after eating? Spent this weekend doing absolutely nothing and it’s made me feel a lot less anxious about it as I’m managing the tiredness and headaches with cold and flu medicine 
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Take care everyone. 
    Definitely feel the same but think sitting on the sofa for 16 hours a day isn’t helping! I need a proper office but don’t think it’s the time for ordering non essential stuff online. 
    I’m not sure about this. Definitely the virus can hang about on surfaces for a while but that isn’t the main source of transmission.

Having no contact with anyone or anything that’s not currently in your house has be safest, but how long can you do that for?

My view, is that ordering in materials, be they garden, office, food supplies is a sensible thing to do. 

Keeping working for jobs that can be done remotely and still homeschool, having projects that during lockdown the family can do these are important things we need to do if we can. 

Not everyone can work from home but anyone who can should imo.