Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coronavirus - it's not all "bad news"

Comments

• One plus is that this sport may now get the attention it deserves:

This is the account https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJdpnjuSWVOLgGT9fIzL0g

Have watched some of his videos before and they're pretty good with the commentary he does

I loved that , although i think that comet (or whatever the winner was called ) was on something,  to come back like that after losing the lead in such a long race , something just doesn't seem right
    Definitely worthy of an investigation. It's as if Comet knew that even by taking the longer route on a couple of occasions it still had enough in the tank to make a late charge.

WADA need to get involved.
  • edited March 2020
    McBobbin said:
    I've even heard of a report that over 10k people in China haven't died due to the drop in air pollution since the lockdown. I'd need to see something credible to support this, but I'd be amazed if the drop in pollution hasn't been credible
    Satellite images were released a week or two ago showing the massive decrease in pollution when industry closed down, so could well believe those figures.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/world/nasa-china-pollution-coronavirus-trnd-scn/index.html
  • All you johnny-come-latelies! I've been into Jelle's Marble Runs for about 3 years now :p 

The guy who does the commentary is an actual ESPN guy, Greg Woods, not Jelle himself
  • The longer the season is elongated the more chance we have of staving off relegation by signing out of contract players such as Willian, Cavani and Mertens on a free!
  • Sponsored links:

• Britain's biggest loo roll maker Essity (Cushelle) turn out 4.7 million toilet rolls a day and has a further 84 million sitting in a warehouse. 

Essity reckon there is no need to panic buy and no need to stockpile ... although that is easier said than done as you sit there forlornly on the porcelain, looking at a denuded toilet roll core with no back up to hand.   

• edited March 2020
    Words and there meanings pre COVID-19:

Flatten the Curve: must go on a diet.

Herd immunity: cattle that didn't get mad cow disease.

Isolation: Billy no mates.

Pandemic: fans of Peter, Wendy and Captin Hook.

Quarantine: a vegan drink for bedtime.

Social distancing: a holiday fling you erase from your life.

WHO: A Doctor who transitions from a man to a woman.

I will get my coat, mask, hat, and go
    self-isolate.
  • Some shops are doing well in the US of A
  • edited March 2020
    Britain's biggest loo roll maker Essity (Cushelle) turn out 4.7 million toilet rolls a day and has a further 84 million sitting in a warehouse. 

Essity reckon there is no need to panic buy and no need to stockpile ... although that is easier said than done as you sit there forlornly on the porcelain, looking at a denuded toilet roll core with no back up to hand.   

And not many people buy newspapers any more.

My Mum's job during the War (when she was a girl) was to tear up squares of the Daily Express, thread it through with string and hang on the hook in the outside loo.

Get creative everyone!

• I’ve discovered that you can wipe your arse with a dettol wipe. And it leaves you feeling lemony fresh.
  • I have to say - as I live in Dartford - there is a Covid dividend traffic wise - it’s great
  • Oggy Red said:
    Britain's biggest loo roll maker Essity (Cushelle) turn out 4.7 million toilet rolls a day and has a further 84 million sitting in a warehouse. 

My Mum's job during the War (when she was a girl) was to tear up squares of the Daily Express, thread it through with string and hang on the hook in the outside loo.

Get creative everyone!

And to add to that idea, we have two Springer Spaniel puppies, and when house training them, for mishaps during the night, I used to pick up loads of Metro’s from the train station - all for free
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2020
    The NHS will see lower than normal amounts of accidents at work, sports &leisure injuries. Pub &club punch ups etc. so may well lighten the load a little
  • The NHS will see lower than normal amounts of accidents at work, sports &leisure injuries. Pub &club punch ups etc. so may well lighten the load a little
    Bet we still get the idiots ringing 999 because their takeaway didn’t arrive thou !!
  • Unfortunately that's half my mortgage payments going up in smoke, as wife owns a TV production company...currently negotiating late delivery of new flagship show to ITV and series 3 & 4 of established show to BBC.... 
  • A choice of seats/tables on the train

What are the chances of getting a refund on season tickets - Presumably none?
  • Oggy Red said:

Get creative everyone!

The Daily Mail is very absorbent. Mind you, it's full of shit to start with.
  • I renewed mine at the end of last week!
  • Unfortunately that's half my mortgage payments going up in smoke, as wife owns a TV production company...currently negotiating late delivery of new flagship show to ITV and series 3 & 4 of established show to BBC.... 
    I was only really pleased about Celebrity Juice and Holly and Phil disappearing. Hope all works out okay.

Me while watching this:
    "Come on Bluey!"
    "Box him out Bluey!"
    "OH NOT BLUEY!!!! (when he gets caught at the top of a fork"
    "GET IN BLUEY!!!!!!!!! (When he wins)"

That was exhilarating. If that bloke does it again, what say we place bets?

I miss sport.