Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coronavirus - it's not all "bad news"

Comments

• Some shops are doing well in the US of A
    This store is in the neighborhood where I grew up (liberal West LA, an area specifically called Culver City), and about a mile from where my parents live. 
  • edited March 2020
    Boom said:
    A choice of seats/tables on the train

What are the chances of getting a refund on season tickets - Presumably none?
    Go to the Southeastern website as all the info is there but you can refund your season ticket and get some money back. They work out how much you've used and how much that would have cost, then refund any difference. So if you've used three months of a year ticket, they will add up three monthly tickets and refund the difference. I got back just over £100 from my monthly, which cost around £270 and was due to expire on 2nd April.

Worth noting that if you have an annual ticket purchased just before the Jan 2020 price rises, any new ticket you buy will be at the increased price. 

Also be aware that if you didn't buy your ticket direct from Southeastern e.g. Trainline, then you have to go via that company.  

EDIT: They have created a whole page for Coronavirus, including a link for info on refunds

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/help-and-contact/get-in-touch/coronavirus-1
  • Marcon: "we are at war’"
    Everyone with knowledge of French Military History: "Ummmmm..."
  • Wilma said:
    Boom said:
    A choice of seats/tables on the train

What are the chances of getting a refund on season tickets - Presumably none?
    Go to the Southeastern website as all the info is there but you can refund your season ticket and get some money back. They work out how much you've used and how much that would have cost, then refund any difference. So if you've used three months of a year ticket, they will add up three monthly tickets and refund the difference. I got back just over £100 from my monthly, which cost around £270 and was due to expire on 2nd April.

Worth noting that if you have an annual ticket purchased just before the Jan 2020 price rises, any new ticket you buy will be at the increased price. 

Also be aware that if you didn't buy your ticket direct from Southeastern e.g. Trainline, then you have to go via that company.  

EDIT: They have created a whole page for Coronavirus, including a link for info on refunds

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/help-and-contact/get-in-touch/coronavirus-1

Cheers

• Steven is one of the funniest blokes on telly.

Seeing the Blackpool bro and sister joking about the virus on Friday's show was great comfort too.

• I’m all for laughing in the face of adversity it’s what we brits do.
    ive many minus points at the moment but on the plus side I currently have 18 opened barrels of beer that have 3 days to drink & 28 sealed ones that have a month to drink , I have enough food to feed around 2/300 fresh & another 2/300 frozen but no staff or customers it’s just me !!!!
    I feel a legendary session coming on!
    If I promise that I’m virus free, can I come and join you.
  • Croydon said:

For any Peep Show fans...
    Brilliant!
  • Sponsored links:

• How about we spread some joy and agree a time we can all rewatch the 98 playoff final again? And a nice historic match thread on here?
  • Sponsored links:

• A choice of seats/tables on the train
    I bet South Eastern run the perfect service now nobody wants to get on a train.
    They'll probably be trying to hand the franchise back when no one buys a ticket in April
  • How about also posting positive and optimistic developments and recovery news etc.

Might give a bit of respite from the doom and gloom.
    Agreed. In amongst 10 pages of doom and gloom news today there was two lines saying that the number of new cases in Norther Italy has started to reduce. Why the fuck is this not being widely reported to give everyone some hope for the near future!!.
    Has it really?  If so that is fantastic news
  • How about also posting positive and optimistic developments and recovery news etc.

Might give a bit of respite from the doom and gloom.
    Agreed. In amongst 10 pages of doom and gloom news today there was two lines saying that the number of new cases in Norther Italy has started to reduce. Why the fuck is this not being widely reported to give everyone some hope for the near future!!.
    Has it really?  If so that is fantastic news
    Today's sun 

• As a borderline chocoholic, stuck at home I literally could not have picked a worse year to give up chocolate for lent.

I’m not even religious!!
    Only thing that hasn't run our in the shelves is Easter eggs though mate. Fill yet boots!