Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

😷 STUCK AT HOME FILM WATCH 2020 🎬

Comments

• Options
    Baby Driver on Sony Movies (freeview) tonight at 9pm.
    (Not seen it myself but will be watching)
  • Options
    Good soundtrack. The film itself was a bit meh for me. 
  • Options
    Watched the Brazilian film, ‘Bacurau’, on MUBI. 

Set in rural north east Brazil “in the near future”, a remote village community finds itself under threat from a sinister group. The film is pretty violent, which I normally don’t like, but I didn’t find any of it gratuitous, although I accept that it won’t be to everyone’s taste.  The film, which is almost a quasi-Western, has an ‘other worldly’ quality about it, which I liked. It was vigorously opposed by the ultra right wing Brazilian Government and there is certainly an underlying allegory or two about inequality and political corruption which explains their hostility.

Incidentally, MUBI are also showing an earlier film by one of the co-directors, Kleber Mendonca Filho, ‘Neighbouring Sounds’. I saw it a few years ago and thought it was good.
  • Options
    The ending became a bit comic book but, as @Bedsaddick says, the soundtrack is good. The opening sequence to the film is exceptional.
  • Options

TUESDAY 14TH OF APRIL 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM               -               SONY MOVIES          -         THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123

10.55PM              -              FILM 4                       -             TRAINSPOTTING 

11.00PM              -               5STAR                      -              HANNIBAL 

2.00PM               -                SKY CINEMA  DRAMA        -            WORLD TRADE CENTER

4.10PM               -                SKY CINEMA DRAMA         -           THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS ⭐️Recommended film of the day⭐️

9.00PM               -                SKY CINEMA GREATS        -            SCARFACE

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

9.00PM                -                SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -               PAPILLON      (2017)

• Options
     Trainspotting and Scarface for me. 

The remake of Papillon is dire. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Why on earth did they try to remake Papillon ? It was always going to fail . 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    stonemuse said:

Why on earth did they try to remake Papillon ? It was always going to fail . 
    I think there is a risk aversion so remaking a popular or celebrated film is considered to be an easy winner. I think the same applies to the theatre. We could put it all on the producers but the public has to take its fair share of the blame.
  • Options
    Which of the Taking of Pelham 123's is it? The Walter Matthau original or the Denzel Washington remake?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Which of the Taking of Pelham 123's is it? The Walter Matthau original or the Denzel Washington remake?
    The remake . I know it’s not as good as the original but I quite enjoyed it . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ta. I've not seen either of them for ages, so I think I can watch it without being spoiled by any comparisons.
  • Options

TUESDAY 14TH OF APRIL 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM               -               SONY MOVIES          -         THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123

10.55PM              -              FILM 4                       -             TRAINSPOTTING 

11.00PM              -               5STAR                      -              HANNIBAL 

2.00PM               -                SKY CINEMA  DRAMA        -            WORLD TRADE CENTER

4.10PM               -                SKY CINEMA DRAMA         -           THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS ⭐️Recommended film of the day⭐️

9.00PM               -                SKY CINEMA GREATS        -            SCARFACE

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

9.00PM                -                SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -               PAPILLON      (2017)

Strong line-up for a Tuesday!
  • Options
    Today, I'm doing a lock down sort of film. Argo. Gripping film.
  • Options

WEDNESDAY 15TH OF APRIL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

11.15PM          -              FILM 4                -                   THE CABIN IN THE WOODS

11.25PM          -              ITV 4                    -                  GOODFELLAS

1.05AM            -               FILM 4                  -                 PREVENGE       

4.00PM            -               SKY CINEMA GREATS           -              ZERO DARK THIRTY ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

6.45PM            -               SKY CINEMA GREATS             -             UNFORGIVEN 

10.15PM           -              SKY CINEMA HITS               -                US

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

10.00PM           -               SYFY                                    -        NAVY SEALS  Vs  ZOMBIES

• Options
    edited April 2020
    A couple of decent ones there. Prevenge  which I haven’t seen and is on the list to watch and Cabin in the woods which was alright. 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    A couple of decent ones there. Prevenge  which I haven’t seen and is on the list to watch and Cabin in the woods which was alright. 
    Prevenge is really weird but in a good way . 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Prevenge is really weird but in a good way . 
    Another one of my films!  Glad people like it!
  • Options
    alas Navy Seals vs Zombies also is.....
  • Options
    Zero Dark Thirty is a good choice 
  • Options
    It’s 9:30 and I need to plan my hectic day. Where is the film guide?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s 9:30 and I need to plan my hectic day. Where is the film guide?
    Hold your horses! 
  • Options

THURSDAY 16th of APRIL 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.00PM          -            ITV 4              -               LIVE AND LET DIE

9.00PM          -            SONY MOVIES            -            ZODIAC 

11.05PM        -             5STAR              -           A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES 

5.35PM          -             TCM MOVIES         -           THE TOWERING INFERNO 

8.00PM          -             SKY CINEMA DRAMA                -          THE KEEPER

-
    1.40AM          -            SKY CINEMA GREATS                  -          CAPE FEAR  (1991) ⭐️Recommended film of the day⭐️

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

11.20PM               -         FILM 4                  -                THE WITCH 

• Options
    supaclive said: train 
    alas Navy Seals vs Zombies also is.....
    The yin and yang of the movie world.
  • Options

FRIDAY  17TH of APRIL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM              -              SONY MOVIES       -             DEJA VU

11.20PM            -              FILM 4                   -              BORDER

1.30AM              -              FILM 4                   -              SIGHTSEERS

6.55PM             -               SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -        ARGO

9.00PM             -               TCM               -             TRAINING DAY ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

10.15PM           -               SKY CINEMA FEEL GOOD            -           ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND OF RON BURGUNDY

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

3.40PM             -                SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR            -            AFTER EARTH

• Options
    I can’t quite remember, but I think I have already seen Deja Vu.
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    I can’t quite remember, but I think I have already seen Deja Vu.
    I see what you did there . 
  • Options
    I see what you did there .
  • Options
    Sightseers is a superb black comedy 
  • Options
    After Earth is a truly awful film. Why would any channel chose to show it?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Did anyone watch Border? An extraordinary film: disturbing, visceral and at times heartbreakingly tender. I've not seen a film like this in years.
    It's on More4. Brace yourself and watch it.