Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

😷 STUCK AT HOME FILM WATCH 2020 🎬

Comments

• Options
    that is an outstanding selection of films Beds. Quadrophenia my all time favourite. Might watch Interstellar after we;ve played cluedo as I haven't seen before
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    that is an outstanding selection of films Beds. Quadrophenia my all time favourite. Might watch Interstellar after we;ve played cluedo as I haven't seen before
    Interstellar has all the Hollywood cliches (no spoilers) but if you love sci-fi, and i do, it sweeps you away into the universe of possibilities and what may well be out there wherever or whenever that is...
  • Options
    As this is the film thread and you like cluedo, you should watch Clue. It`s on Sky Movies on demand. Tim Curry is brilliant in it!
  • Options

EASTER SUNDAY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.00PM               -                ITV 2            -            SPECTRE

9.00PM               -                 FILM 4         -           MISSION IMPOSSIBLE : ROGUE NATION 

10.30PM               -               BBC1            -            A FISH CALLED WANDA

2.55PM                -               SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR      -         I AM LEGEND 

4.55PM                -                SKY CINEMA THRILLER           -           COLLATERAL ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

8.00PM                -                SKY CINEMA PREMIERE          -          YESTERDAY

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

11.20PM             -                 SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR        -        THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS 
  • Options
    Love thy Neighbour, up to series 5 now.  Only 3 more to go.
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more on the one to avoid.  Awful, awful film.
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    As this is the film thread and you like cluedo, you should watch Clue. It`s on Sky Movies on demand. Tim Curry is brilliant in it!
    thanks for tip -have watched it and he was first class. Has the ability to lead a film from the front
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more on the one to avoid.  Awful, awful film.
    It's one of the only films i have given up on half way through. Absolute tosh
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    muppetman said:
    Knives Out is a Cluedo-ish film that both my wife and I really enjoyed. Twists and turns throughout. I think it is available on Sky Store.
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    Knives Out is a Cluedo-ish film that both my wife and I really enjoyed. Twists and turns throughout. I think it is available on Sky Store.
    Definitely an unusual film for Daniel Craig, but I enjoyed it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never got round to watching Collateral but have heard its very good, will watch that i think.
    Watched Interstellar after seeing the recommendations here- really really enjoyed it.
    Seen some cracking films over the last week that for one reason or another i never caught up with at the time. Feel slightly embarrassed that this week i have just watched for the 1st time ever the following; Django Unchained, Inglorious Bastards, Dumbo, Pan's Labyrinth, Dark Knight trilogy. 
    One perk of a lockdown.
    Next week i am going to watch some Spaghetti Westerns that i have never seen as an adult just remember watching them as a kid at my grandads.
  • Options
    I've never got round to watching Collateral but have heard its very good, will watch that i think.
    Watched Interstellar after seeing the recommendations here- really really enjoyed it.
    Seen some cracking films over the last week that for one reason or another i never caught up with at the time. Feel slightly embarrassed that this week i have just watched for the 1st time ever the following; Django Unchained, Inglorious Bastards, Dumbo, Pan's Labyrinth, Dark Knight trilogy. 
    One perk of a lockdown.
    Next week i am going to watch some Spaghetti Westerns that i have never seen as an adult just remember watching them as a kid at my grandads.
    Yeah I love Collateral. Top performances from both Cruise and Jamie Fox. 
  • Options
    Sorry to go slightly off topic, but didn’t want to start a new thread. 

The Gentleman is only £3.50 on google play for 48 hour rent. You can then watch on YouTube on Xbox or TV app. Thought that was very reasonable and I really enjoyed it.
    Cracking film . Hugh Grant is brilliant in it and I’d never thought I’d ever say that about him .
    Watched this and thought it was awful. What happened to guy ritchie after snatch?! 

Grants acting was ok tho
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Watched 'Bad Times at the El Royale' a couple of nights ago. Jeff Bridges and Cynthia Erivo are excellent in this twisty nothing-is-what-it-seems period (1960s) drama. Highly recommended. Great soundtrack too.
  • Options
    Watching Yesterday now, very impressed lots of British/Asian actors from soaps etc, the lead actor from EastEnders can actually sing assuming it’s not dubbed over. 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Sorry to go slightly off topic, but didn’t want to start a new thread. 

The Gentleman is only £3.50 on google play for 48 hour rent. You can then watch on YouTube on Xbox or TV app. Thought that was very reasonable and I really enjoyed it.
    Cracking film . Hugh Grant is brilliant in it and I’d never thought I’d ever say that about him .
    Watched this and thought it was awful. What happened to guy ritchie after snatch?! 

Grants acting was ok tho
    Made a bit of cack but I like Rocknrolla aswell as The Gentleman. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Watching Yesterday now, very impressed lots of British/Asian actors from soaps etc, the lead actor from EastEnders can actually sing assuming it’s not dubbed over. 
    I liked it apart from one scene which was totally ridiculous and unnecessarily involving Robert Carlyle. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    muppetman said:
    Definitely an unusual film for Daniel Craig, but I enjoyed it. 
    Agreed.  Also, a good cast all round.
  • Options
    I think Ritchie done well with the new Aladdin 
  • Options

EASTER SUNDAY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.00PM               -                ITV 2            -            SPECTRE

9.00PM               -                 FILM 4         -           MISSION IMPOSSIBLE : ROGUE NATION 

10.30PM               -               BBC1            -            A FISH CALLED WANDA

2.55PM                -               SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR      -         I AM LEGEND 

4.55PM                -                SKY CINEMA THRILLER           -           COLLATERAL ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

8.00PM                -                SKY CINEMA PREMIERE          -          YESTERDAY

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

11.20PM             -                 SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR        -        THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS 
    SPOILER ALERT (don't know how to do that bit where one hides what one is writing).

I Am Legend is completely ruined by the God bothering ending.  Stick to the book, it's far superior.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    muppetman said:
    Thanks for the tip, I will give it a go.
  • Options

EASTER MONDAY

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.50PM           -             SONY MOVIES        -          SIGNS

10.00PM          -            ITV 4                 -             THE WOLF OF WALL STREET 

10.45PM          -            FILM 4               -            HAPPY GO LUCKY  ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

3.50PM            -           SKY CINEMA FEEL GOOD      -         THE STING   

9.00PM            -            SKY CINEMA HITS              -       MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT  

2.10AM            -             SKY CINEMA DRAMA          -          LEAVE NO TRACE 

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

1.00AM              -                  SYFY          -                  THE LAST SHARKNADO : ITS ABOUT TIME         
  • Options
    Just watched The Prestige again.  What an incredible movie. Very much in my top ten.
  • Options
    @AddicksAddict to do spoilers, type the thing you want to be hidden as a paragraph all by itself, make sure the cursor is in that paragraph, click on the thing that looks like a backwards P above the comment box, and choose Spoiler
    Like this...
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @AddicksAddict to do spoilers, type the thing you want to be hidden as a paragraph all by itself, make sure the cursor is in that paragraph, click on the thing that looks like a backwards P above the comment box, and choose Spoiler
    Like this...
    Thank you.

• Options
    Just watched The Prestige again.  What an incredible movie. Very much in my top ten.
    I’ve watched this twice over the years and both times I didn’t get the adulation for it. 
    I found the end really confusing 
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it. It is a load of nonsense but so well done and very atmospheric with great performances.
  • Options
    I watched ‘Portrait of a lady on fire’ last night on Mubi, great film, impressive cinematography and performances. 
  • Options
    Indeed, it’s an excellent film. 
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    I watched ‘Portrait of a lady on fire’ last night on Mubi, great film, impressive cinematography and performances. 
    Brilliant film. One of those that stays in your head for days afterwards.