Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

😷 STUCK AT HOME FILM WATCH 2020 🎬

Comments

• Options
    Redskin said:
    Did anyone watch Border? An extraordinary film: disturbing, visceral and at times heartbreakingly tender. I've not seen a film like this in years.
    It's on More4. Brace yourself and watch it.
    I saw this a couple of months ago . Very different film . Wasn’t sure at the time if I liked it but it stuck in my head so that’s why I put it in the list . 
  • Options

SATURDAY THE 18TH OF APRIL 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11.45PM           -            BBC1                     -              THE DAMNED UNITED

9.00PM              -           CHANNEL 4          -               STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

10.00PM           -            ITV 4                    -               THE WOLF OF WALL STREET

2.00PM            -             SKY CINEMA DRAMA           -          ROMAN HOLIDAY

8.00PM             -            SKY CINEMA COMEDY          -         SHAUN OF THE DEAD 

12.00AM           -            SKY CINEMA ACTION           -         INGLORIOUS BASTERDS  ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

4.25PM               -           SKY CINEMA COMEDY          -           GRAND-DADDY DAY CARE 

• Options
    Wow good day for films but agree with your recommendation 
  • Options
    The damned united every day for me.
  • Options
    6/6 very good. 
    I was getting a little concerned about some of your choices in the past few days but theses and even the turkey are spot on. Even the wife has something to watch, Roman Holiday. 
  • Options
    6/6 very good. 
    I was getting a little concerned about some of your choices in the past few days but theses and even the turkey are spot on. Even the wife has something to watch, Roman Holiday. 
    I can only pick what they put on . Some days it’s hard to find any good films . One thing I’ve realised is that Sky Movies isn’t all it’s cracked up to be . It’s the same movies regurgitated onto different themed channels . The choice is very limited . 
  • Options
    6/6 very good. 
    I can only pick what they put on . Some days it’s hard to find any good films . One thing I’ve realised is that Sky Movies isn’t all it’s cracked up to be . It’s the same movies regurgitated onto different themed channels . The choice is very limited . 
    Going to get worse with Disney taking all of Syar Wars, Marvel and Pixar away!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Redskin said:
    Did anyone watch Border? An extraordinary film: disturbing, visceral and at times heartbreakingly tender. I've not seen a film like this in years.
    Recorded it, will watch tonight especially as the Film4 9 o’clock film today, which is the most convenient time for a film to start for me, is Assassins Creed which is not only fairly poor but I’ve watched it in the last month,  
  • Options
    Watched 'Margin Call' last night .. very interesting, gripping and informative
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The damned united every day for me.
    another tour de force (mon ami) from Michael Sheen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2020
    6/6 very good. 
    Fair enough, just don't start putting up arty subtitled black and white French films. My wife won't understand them. ;)
  • Options
    Watched 'Margin Call' last night .. very interesting, gripping and informative
    yeah, I thought it was a good film too
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    6/6 very good. 
    Going to get worse with Disney taking all of Syar Wars, Marvel and Pixar away!
    They can keep Star Wars!         not interested 
  • Options
    My daughter twisted my arm to watch 'A Monster Calls'. A kids film but excellent. 
  • Options

SUNDAY 19TH of APRIL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10.00PM           -             ITV 4            -                 FARGO

10.30PM           -              BBC1            -                 THE DEER HUNTER ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

11.00PM           -              CHANNEL 4         -          LEGEND 

6.50PM              -              SKY CINEMA GREATS             -          JAWS 

9.00PM              -              TCM                   -             FULL METAL JACKET

12.25AM            -              SKY CINEMA THRiLLER          -          TAXI DRIVER

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

7.00PM                -             5STAR         -                LITTLE MAN
  • Options
    For info, "Legend" is the Tom Hardy version of the Krays' story, not the 1985 Tom Cruise fantasy film with Tim Curry as the baddie (nor the Verne Troyer film from the same year also known as Gnome Alone, which from the looks of the listing on IMDB would probably easily make the "Film to Avoid" category)
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    I saw this a couple of months ago . Very different film . Wasn’t sure at the time if I liked it but it stuck in my head so that’s why I put it in the list . 
    Watched this on the back of discussion here. Glad I did. 
  • Options

MONDAY 20TH OF APRIL

----------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM                 -         THE PARAMOUNT NETWORK        -           THE PERFECT STORM

10.00PM                 -                ITV 4               -                      ROCKY 

11.00PM                 -                5STAR             -                     UNKNOWN

9.00PM                -               SKY CINEMA THRILLER        -           SNATCH

9.00PM               -                SKY CINEMA COMEDY          -          THE BIG LEBOWSKI 

11.00PM               -             SYFY              -             30 DAYS OF NIGHT  ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

12.10AM                -             SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR            -           HOSTEL

• Options
    Good choices Beds. I'm giving Perfect Storm a miss, it brings back bad memories of sea sickness. I get sick on a damp lawn.

I actually like Hostel, another one of the bad films so bad worth watching.
  • Options
    I honestly don't think Hostel is that bad!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snatch is my favourite there
  • Options
    I honestly don't think Hostel is that bad!!
    I hate it. In fact i dislike every film Eli Roth has directed. 
  • Options
    Some good films there 

Perfect storm has some big name actors in and was fairly well executed however the decision making was at best questionable. Suppose if they were sensible and said "look, this sounds like an exceptionally bad storm even for us tough as nails fishermen, let's stay in port today" there wouldn't have been a film

Snatch is brilliant, quotable, brilliantly shot, razor sharp storyline and some properly funny moments and genuinely strong performances mainly from Alan Ford as brick top and Brad Pitt as one punch Mickey. 

When Guy Ritchie does gangster films he is at his best, relevant, good, relatable characters and a story that has a start, middle and end 

30 days of night isn't awful at all and is worth watching if you havent seen it 
  • Options
    Love Big Lebowski, Rocky and Snatch.  Great choices.

Rocky the pick for me.
  • Options
    If anyone likes time travel films, watched timetrap on Netflix the other night, it’s a bit lightweight on acting and budget  but a good idea and enjoyable 
  • Options
    Big Lebowski would deffo make my top 10...

"But i'm the dude man, the duddage man..."
  • Options

TUESDAY 21ST OF APRIL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.00PM                -           SONY MOVIES          -            THE ROAD

11.00PM              -           5STAR              -            A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES

1.10AM                -            FILM 4              -           LORE

3.40PM                -            SKY CINEMA GREATS           -           THE GOONIES

7.00PM                -             SKY CINEMA SCI-FI/HORROR           -          ALIEN : DIRECTORS CUT ⭐️Recommended film of the day
    ⭐️

10.15PM              -             SKY CINEMA ACTION                -           PREDATOR

🦃FILM TO AVOID🦃

9.00PM               -             
    COMEDY CENTRAL            -               LOVE ACTUALLY 

• Options
    The Road, I read the book and found it hard work and the film slightly better as it’s over quickly in comparison. 
    Predator, Arnie at his best
  • Options
    I think this is the 1st time I've ever disagreed with your film to avoid.  I like love actually 
  • Options
    The Road is a great film but tough to watch at times