Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++RIP Seb Lewis - The Ultimate Charlton Super Fan+++

Comments

• Options
    Shattered by this. 
    RIP Seb. 
  • Options
    Shocked and only 38. Can't believe we won't see him again at games up and down the country.
    RIP Seb
  • Options
    Forever a piece of Charlton Athletic history...

Up The Addicks Seb!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So sad for his family and a big loss to the club. Big character to lose from our community. RIP Seb.

• Options
    Woke up this morning and within seconds was hit like a bad hangover with the dread of Seb's untimely passing.
  • Options
    RIP Seb you will be greatly missed. Truly a fan in a million  
  • Options
    R.l.P seb top top man and fan will be so missed I’m gutted ⚽️⚽️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely post @bazjonster. Captured my thoughts and feelings, and I'm sure those of very many addicks. Thank you
  • Options
    Never met Seb but respect to the guy
  • Options
    Already said on here That I never met him,wish I had,the article in todays sun had me in tears.
  • Options
    Thanks Bazjonster for your wonderful moving post.One of the best i have ever read on here.
  • Options
    I hope it's okay? I just wanted to share some thoughts on here. I'm not too sure why? It's probably going to be quite cathartic for me though, and it's a reflection of how I feel about fellow Charlton supporters, and how it feels 'safe' to share such thoughts and feelings with you all. 

I woke up this morning with sore, weathered eyes; a consequence of spending the day yesterday shedding many a tear over Seb. I spent the entire day trawling through twitter and our forum, marvelling at the tributes to, and respect for, Seb. The slightest thing would 'set me off'. There were some wonderful words, acts and montages put together by so many people, it was just so moving.

Like many, I only 'knew' Seb through away games. I'd always ensure I'd say hello to him if our paths crossed directly, and on one occasion, I even had a brief chat to him about his role as a driving instructor. But, in essence, I didn't really know him. 

So why is this one of the worst feelings I have felt since losing my Dad (who first took me to The Valley in 1976 v Sheff Utd) in 1996? The only conclusion I can reach is because it's Charlton. Something so special, that no one outside of 'our' fraternity could ever truly understand or grasp just how unique this club is, and you, the supporters, are.

In a vast collective of special fans, Seb truly was the special one amongst us and he epitomised everything that's great about us and the club. The spirit, the determination, the dedication, the loyalty, the perseverance, the indefatigability, the camaraderie, the 'never say die' attitude. Seb had the lot, in copious and unrivalled amounts.

To take my mind off things, I did my usual routine on a rowing machine yesterday afternoon. I've been trying to beat my 'PB' over a set distance for the last 2 months, and had got nowhere near it, until yesterday. I sat on the machine, played 'Valley Floyd Road' on a loop, and for 22mins 31secs focussed on Seb. He gave me the strength and determination to beat my previous best time by 30 secs! 

In particularly trying times for us all at present, the loss of Seb added to the worry and pain that we all feel. I'm currently abroad working, and have no idea when I will next be able to get home to see my family. It's a pretty helpless place to be in, but I still have my friends and family to think of and talk to. Seb's 'people' no longer have that luxury that we can so easily take for granted.

Thanks for listening, all stay safe, and thanks for being Charlton; the most unique, exceptional and wonderful football club on this planet.

And Seb, thanks for showing us all just what humility and loyalty and love and passion is all about.

You will never, ever, be forgotten fella, I promise. RIP x
    Just want to echo others on here. Wonderful post and really moving, thank you. 
  • Options
    We all felt we knew Seb, and we did in our own way. He was always there at away games. 
    The worm Watford away NYD few years back, JJ got a last min winner! 
    Shrewsbury play off away we lost. Had a little chat with Seb and my son and I was like that’s Seb!!
     Legend. Well pleased. 
    RIP Seb