Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++RIP Seb Lewis - The Ultimate Charlton Super Fan+++

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    If only I had the skill I’d make an automaton doing the worm to wear that shirt. 

It anyone does have the skills, let me know I’d help to the limit of my ability and commission the work 😁
  • Options
    Players, managers, owners all come and go. Even grounds. Some leave more of a mark than others and some even leave a stain. What is constant is that the club is all about the fans. Seb, even amongst the fabulous supporters we have and have had is pretty unique. 1076 consecutive games is simply mind boggling. If it was up to me and it’s definitely not I would have Seb Lewis in our Charlton Athletic Hall of Fame. If a true Charlton icon like Seb isn’t worthy of a place then heaven knows who is.

I might even start a campaign. 
    Perhaps put this suggestion to his family via the club.
  • Options
    Happy birthday mate.

Does anyone know what happened with the money we raised to get some sort of memorial or statue built for him?
    Anyone?
  • Options
    Was going to ask the same. Don’t think the organiser posts on here, do any of his pals who could provide an update? Sure I read something that Seb’s family were not keen on a statue.

I think just over £11k was donated. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Its been nearly 6 months and still can't get my head around the fact that this happened. 
    Very sad, taken away at such a young age.
  • Options
    Was going to ask the same. Don’t think the organiser posts on here, do any of his pals who could provide an update? Sure I read something that Seb’s family were not keen on a statue.

I think just over £11k was donated. 

It's Brogue, I'll message him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    This still gets me, even though I never knew him. 

RIP Seb. 
    Same 
  • Options
    Did anything come of the statue/permanent tribute for Seb? A fair few bob was raised.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Did anything come of the statue/permanent tribute for Seb? A fair few bob was raised.
    @BDL @Tracey?
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited January 2021
    @Addickted Brogue Stephens was speaking to Seb's family about how to use the fund. I'll message him and see if there's an update.

Edit - Things are moving forwards but slowly.

• Options
    A banner for the back of the cupboard end. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    MrOneLung said:
    This still gets me, even though I never knew him. 

RIP Seb. 
    Not a religious man but god bless him. Such an innocent bloke. Life’s not fair.
    Thats how I feel exactly 

Like loads of us I knew who he was and would recognise him at away games in some very obscure places with his backpack and flag but can't claim to have known him personally. 

So unfair 
    It's not really going to be the same ever again without him.
  • Options
    He will never be forgotten.
  • Options
    BDL said:
    @Addickted Brogue Stephens was speaking to Seb's family about how to use the fund. I'll message him and see if there's an update.

Edit - Things are moving forwards but slowly.

I spoke to Brogue about this a few weeks back. He said talking to the club had been a nightmare. Good to hear that the wheels are back in motion.
  • Options
    Can CAST get involved and keep pushing it? 
    Shame if nothing permanent happens for Seb this season. As a club and fanbase it's needed.

• Options
    Can CAST get involved and keep pushing it? 
    Shame if nothing permanent happens for Seb this season. As a club and fanbase it's needed.

We are in touch with the club about it.
    I did think you would be. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I speak to many people about Covid and vaccine etc and without fail I talk of the tragedy of losing Seb so young. 

Legend doesn't nearly describe our Seb.

I'd love a permanent bronze sculpture sitting in a seat in a stand. It just feels right to have him permanently in the stand for every home game at least. 
  • Options
    A tragic loss of life - nobody was more dedicated to the club than him.