Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++RIP Seb Lewis - The Ultimate Charlton Super Fan+++

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Any news on the permanent memorial?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Sorry, I meant from the conversations that arise from the song. “What are they saying?”, “Who’s Sabbo?” Etc.
    If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have a clue who Seb was. A relatively small percentage of fans frequent forums like this - therefore likely that a significant number of fans won't have known who Seb was...
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Stig said:
    Yes, the work on the mosaic is progressing well. More news soon.

https://www.castrust.org/2021/07/seb-mosaic-work-is-underway/

The M is for “Many miles”.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Yes, the work on the mosaic is progressing well. More news soon.

https://www.castrust.org/2021/07/seb-mosaic-work-is-underway/

The M is for “Many miles”.
    That's fantastic, thanks very much Weegie. I didn't even know it was going to be mosaic, but I'm jolly glad it is.
  • Options
    i guess he would have been close on 1100 games by now. 
    Never forgotten. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Sorry, I meant from the conversations that arise from the song. “What are they saying?”, “Who’s Sabbo?” Etc.
    If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have a clue who Seb was. A relatively small percentage of fans frequent forums like this - therefore likely that a significant number of fans won't have known who Seb was...
    Really? But if you’ve been to away games surely you’d have seen his face? Even if you didn’t necessarily have a name to put to it?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Really? But if you’ve been to away games surely you’d have seen his face? Even if you didn’t necessarily have a name to put to it?
    Yes, really.
  • Options
    Wow.
  • Options
    Why "wow"? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I'd guess there's many more Charlton fans who didn't have a clue who Seb was, than those who did.

If you don't go to away games and don't sit in the North stand, then you'd likely never have crossed paths. 
  • Options
    What are the words? 
  • Options
    Cheers @ForeverAddickted was trying to work them out yesterday 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Yeah I wasn't sure on that second line either - Noticed someone put the lyrics in the reply to that twitter post from the club 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Yeah I wasn't sure on that second line either - Noticed someone put the lyrics in the reply to that twitter post from the club 
    Ah, I thought it was “everywhere we go” and “he will always be” in the third line 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    but what percentage of fans go to away games regularly enough to start recognising faces? And even if you do and you know a face but don't "have a name to put to it" then you won't know who the song is about...

That said, there are enough that knew (or knew of) Seb to commemorate his passing and to recognise his commitment to supporting Charlton, and that is a good thing.
  • Options
    I think some will have known Seb better than others but everybody knew who he was and held him in strong regard.
    Only spoke to him a couple of times but always saw him at away games.
  • Options
    What is the significance (if any) of doing this at the 70th minute?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Why "wow"? 
    Just found it surprising.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    JaShea99 said:
    Off_it said:
    Why "wow"? 
    Just found it surprising.
    I refer you to last line of my @Coyotejohn1947 post earlier on this page and numerous postings both before and subsequently.  It doesn't matter if some fans weren't familar beforehand with the legend that surrounded Seb- chances are they will be now.
  • Options
    What? Who’s saying it matters? I just said I was surprised.