Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• If put to a vote 
    what clubs are going to oppose ppg us, luton,Barnsley, Fulham? 

My fear is I feel it will be down to the clubs. 
  • Croydon said:
    This situation where we have been in the bottom 3 for one game,I believe is very similar to our season in the prem when we last won the play against Sunderland and was only in the bottom 3 for one game.
    the following season they came up as we went down,really spooky as this could happen again.
    I don't think that was the case as we lost to Sheffield Wednesday but even a win wouldn't have kept us up. If I'm remembering correctly.
    That is correct, because Southampton won easily that day. 
    I stand corrected,but you get the gist of things ,still pretty spooky.
  • If put to a vote 
    what clubs are going to oppose ppg us, luton,Barnsley, Fulham? 

My fear is I feel it will be down to the clubs. 
    Not to mention the other three teams in the Play-Offs at the moment, then you've got those outside them down to about 10th who are within a handful of points of getting in there themselves
  • What sort of majority is needed,there are 6-7 teams within 6 points of the play offs,(2 games) Fulham might feel they can haul back a 6 point deficit,thats 7-8 teams plus the bottom 3 so 10 teams might not want ppg finish.
  • What sort of majority is needed,there are 6-7 teams within 6 points of the play offs,(2 games) Fulham might feel they can haul back a 6 point deficit,thats 7-8 teams plus the bottom 3 so 10 teams might not want ppg finish.
    I'd imagine its surely got to be 75% of the League in agreement - Seeing there are 14-teams with serious interest if games continued then I dont see anything being decided

PPG was only accepted by Port Vale in League Two (in a similar situation to most at this level) because of the lack of cash, will surely be the opposite in the Championship
  • In the Championship you could say that every team down to Birmingham in 16th had a chance of the play-offs. They were 9 points off with 9 games to go, not insurmountable.
    Mind you, they were only 8 points off our relegation spot! 
  • In the Championship you could say that every team down to Birmingham in 16th had a chance of the play-offs. They were 9 points off with 9 games to go, not insurmountable.
    Mind you, they were only 8 points off our relegation spot! 
    At the moment I'd say that Reading | Sheffield Wednesday | Birmingham are the only three who are already in that mid-table nothing to play for stage

Although that could easily change, nor do I mean with the points deductions as think the EFL will be too scared to dish them out this season
  • SPL has concluded with Celtic crowned Champions and Hearts relegated
  • I like how on the one hand you've some players moaning that it's not safe to return yet seemingly every week there's yet another story of a premier league footballer breaking lockdown rules.

Hudson-Odoi the latest one, and seeing as he even had the virus himself a few weeks back you'd expect him to know better.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think he really said that. Seems a bit too clear!
  • I like how on the one hand you've some players moaning that it's not safe to return yet seemingly every week there's yet another story of a premier league footballer breaking lockdown rules.

Hudson-Odoi the latest one, and seeing as he even had the virus himself a few weeks back you'd expect him to know better.
    It could be more serious than that, he wasn't arrested for breaking the lockdown...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8328935/Chelsea-Callum-Hudson-Odoi-arrested-rape-claims.html

A police spokesman said: 'Police and London Ambulance Service were called at 03:53hrs on Sunday, 17 May to a report of an unwell woman.
    'When emergency services attended, a woman reported that she was raped. She was taken to hospital.
    'A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of rape. He was released from custody and bailed to return on a date in mid-June.'

It could be more serious than that, he wasn't arrested for breaking the lockdown...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8328935/Chelsea-Callum-Hudson-Odoi-arrested-rape-claims.html

A police spokesman said: 'Police and London Ambulance Service were called at 03:53hrs on Sunday, 17 May to a report of an unwell woman.
    'When emergency services attended, a woman reported that she was raped. She was taken to hospital.
    'A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of rape. He was released from custody and bailed to return on a date in mid-June.'
    More detail than the BBC report. They (earlier) had him just being arrested & the women being reported as being unwell. I had assumed drugs or suchlike. If its are or sexual assault the he's in big trouble.
  • edited May 2020
    If it happens or not so what?  We stay up it is only delaying relegation 12 months. 

If we go down we ain't coming back up soon.

Even Bowyer, IF he hangs around, won't salvage us from the carnage of our shitshow owner, owners, no owners PLUS a potential points deduction looming...

Sad times.
  • If it happens or not so what?  We stay up it is only delaying relegation 12 months. 

Even Bowyer, IF he hangs around, won't salvage us from the carnage of our shitshow owner, owners, no owners PLUS a potential points deduction looming...

Sad times.
    I'm sure the players would love to read this.

What happened to 100% support

Whatever happens off the pitch we need to keep the faith in the players on it, saying things like if we get relegated or not so what? Like it means nothing

Delaying relegation for a year, so you don't have any confidence in the players next season to get us out of trouble.

I just dont understand comments like this I'm sorry.

Is the ownership situation shit-Yes
    But the players  need to know that the fans are fully behind them and have faith and confidence in them no matter what happens behind the scenes.
    No need to apologise, just my opinion on the situation we face.  As for the players, which ones are they and will they still be contracted to play for us when the Charabanc gets rolling again..?

Seen some shit in my times with this club but this is stickier and more smelly on reflection.
  • I'd rather a couple of weekends in Lytham for Blackpool and Fleetwood away than no football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    I'd rather a couple of weekends in Lytham for Blackpool and Fleetwood away than no football.
    As long as things are normal enough so that you can stay in hotels/B&Bs, go to the pub etc...

I did enjoy my trips the the area, been to Fleetwood 3 times!
  • Got some decent youngsters......Morgan,Dougherty, Bonne to name just 3. 
  • I have changed my mind a bit on the football. I am watching the German football and think the Premier league could surely support the Championship to play the necessary games with the required level of testing. I have noticed when we do our weekly Tesco shop that their staff are not social distancing at all and I bet the same applies with other occupations paying a lot less than Championship players get. The football looks relatively low risk to me. 
  • If it happens or not so what?  We stay up it is only delaying relegation 12 months. 

Sad times.
    You are probably right about delaying relegation by a year but I'd rather start next season in the championship with a 12pt deduction than a 12pt deuction in League 1.
  • Rest assured, whatever is decided the EFL will shaft us and we will be in Div 1 next season. If we still exist......
  • edited May 2020
    I came on here to comment on the Scottish Premiership. Not looking good for us if that's the way other Leagues are going. 

I will be mightily pissed off if The Championship clubs decide on current placing or PPG and we get relegated. No problem with us going down after 46 games, but not when we still have 9 games to go & with 2 being 6-pointers. Wont acknowledge it & will be letting everyone know when we then have to play the likes of Rochdale, Accrington & Fleetwood.
    Crazy that Hearts have been relegated. Could've just cancelled relegation and had 1 team extra next season.

No real surprise though, Partick were relegated from the Championship despite being just 2 points adrift AND with a game in hand. And in league one Raith were promoted despite being just 1 point clear at the top.
  • I came on here to comment on the Scottish Premiership. Not looking good for us if that's the way other Leagues are going. 

I will be mightily pissed off if The Championship clubs decide on current placing or PPG and we get relegated. No problem with us going down after 46 games, but not when we still have 9 games to go & with 2 being 6-pointers. Wont acknowledge it & will be letting everyone know when we then have to play the likes of Rochdale, Accrington & Fleetwood.
    Crazy that Hearts have been relegated. Could've just cancelled relegation and had 1 team extra next season.

No real surprise though, Partick were relegated from the Championship despite being just 2 points adrift AND with a game in hand. And in league one Raith were promoted despite being just 1 point clear at the top.
    I agree, feels very harsh Hearts have been relegated. You can just about justify giving Celtic the championship although still all a bit of joke. 
  • Having extra teams means that there's less money to go round. Which is one of the reasons that there'll be relegation from the Premier League.