Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• edited May 2020
    Interesting / understandable comments from Pratley...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52673930

Seems one of our coaches @ Charlton had the virus according to the bottom of the article
  • cafctom said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I fear it will take the serious illness or death of a Prem player / manager for the whole 'when can we restart' arguments to end.

From what I recall, it was around early March time when Mikel Arteta and Callum Hudson Odoi tested positive, and football immediately retreated and everything got called off.

Yet Brighton have already said they’ve got three positive cases, and the Premier League are basically just trying to turn a blind eye to it.

I would absolutely love a player or manager at the one of the top clubs, someone like a Harry Kane or Pep Guardiola, to come out and just completely lambast the idea of returning. 

The Premier League won’t be forgiven for the way they’ve carried on throughout all this.
    This is a bit of a fib from Brighton they have “had” 2 cases which were in March and 1 active case Since 
  • Interesting / understandable comments from Pratley...

Seems one of our coaches @ Charlton had the virus according to the bottom of the article
    Didn’t Johnnie make reference to Basey having it in one of his songs.

Cheers, must have been one of the songs I've not listened to
  • BBC are obviously talking about the meetings amongst L1 and L2 clubs today

Interesting that there is a document in draft that states that protocal for a return to training will see the League funding the testing

That shows the main concern to me, which isn't the players (who 99.9% should be fine) but everyone else around them at the club AND their families back home. 

With the PL you could theoretically isolate them and the support staff for the remaining matches, but financially that's not going to work in the Championship. 

Was just about to say this, Basey had the virus last month.
  • Que surprise... League One clubs have failed to come to an agreement over how the season should end

The clubs will meet again next week
  • I don't necessarily believe that black people are more susceptible to the virus. Such statistics probably have more to do with their position on the social economic ladder.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52219070

• Dan Roan (BBC) is claiming that League Two season wont be restarting

Final table will be decided by a PPG system with the Play-Offs going ahead
  • Sponsored links:

• The way I see it, the season will have to be completed by the end of June and between now and then they have to fit in 9 games to complete it. And that isn't allowing for delays that virus outbreaks would cause. So to get nine games in, playing every three days, you need 27 days. So that would mean starting around 4th June. It just isn't going to happen in this country.
  • Dan Roan (BBC) is claiming that League Two season wont be restarting

Final table will be decided by a PPG system with the Play-Offs going ahead
    I don't really understand how one EFL league can finish one way and another a different way. The EFL really should be taking a lead and finding a solution that the majority of the 72 clubs agree with.
    Yeah its going to be a bit annoying if we have to finish the season yet League One is also complete in the same fashion that we've seen with League Two

E.g. We'd been relegated after playing 46-games, Coventry | Rotherham | one other will get promoted after just 35-games
  • 400+ deaths per day. Easing of restrictions was far too early and will be cancelled in next 14 days following spike, ruling any football, apart from penalty shoot-outs, null and void
    For what must be the 1000th time - we are NOT at 400 deaths per day. More like 150-odd. The figure of 400 includes deaths retrodated to earlier. Whilst 150 people dying in a day is grim, its not the correct figure. Still fucking stupid them even considering restating football, mind. 
    So it must also be true that there are currently unreported deaths atm that we won’t see for 4~6 weeks? 

400+ deaths per day. Easing of restrictions was far too early and will be cancelled in next 14 days following spike, ruling any football, apart from penalty shoot-outs, null and void
    For what must be the 1000th time - we are NOT at 400 deaths per day. More like 150-odd. The figure of 400 includes deaths retrodated to earlier. Whilst 150 people dying in a day is grim, its not the correct figure. Still fucking stupid them even considering restating football, mind. 
    So it must also be true that there are currently unreported deaths atm that we won’t see for 4~6 weeks? 
    Yes - but considerably less than 400 a day (as today's graph shows):

• The thing is, I don't expect us to be relegated unless the season is played out. The League may decide to promote a couple of teams in each division and sort that out in future seasons, but you cant relegate teams. Just look at the Premier League. If Villa win their game in hand, Watford will be 3rd from bottom and they would be outside the bottom three. Currently they are 2nd from bottom, so if no football is played, you can't relegate the bottom three or bottom two anywhere near fairly.   
  • The thing is, I don't expect us to be relegated unless the season is played out. The League may decide to promote a couple of teams in each division and sort that out in future seasons, but you cant relegate teams. Just look at the Premier League. If Villa win their game in hand, Watford will be 3rd from bottom and they would be outside the bottom three. Currently they are 2nd from bottom, so if no football is played, you can't relegate the bottom three or bottom two anywhere near fairly.   
    Nah I fully expect weighted PPG to be the result if games cant be played now

Certainly dont see us going into next season with Leagues that have more teams than usual etc.
  • I don't know, but it would be interesting to know how many times the bottom three with nine games to go has remained the same at the end of the season. I would speculate that this would be a rare occurrence. The same with the top three. 
  • edited May 2020
    Does anybody know if we still finish bottom 3 if the PPG became weighted. 

This is where it's based on PPG at home and then PPG away and the remaining fixtures? I might try work it out in a minute actually. 

EDIT - Would be down as we're played 19 at home and 18 away, home form much better than away. Hull have the worst home PPG ratio in the league but had more games remaining away. 
  • Sponsored links:

Nah I fully expect weighted PPG to be the result if games cant be played now

Certainly dont see us going into next season with Leagues that have more teams than usual etc.
    I can. I can definitely see a 22 team Premier League next season. 
  • edited May 2020
    League Two weighted PPG - Although its been confirmed on SkySportsNews that there wont be any relegation, wonder if thats just to counter Bury

• Championship weighted PPG:

• League Two weighted PPG - Although its been confirmed on SkySportsNews that there wont be any relegation, wonder if thats just to counter Bury

Does that mean that Macclesfield have essentially just voided their 11pt deduction?

Be interested to see if that carries over to next season.

• League Two weighted PPG - Although its been confirmed on SkySportsNews that there wont be any relegation, wonder if thats just to counter Bury

Does that mean that Macclesfield have essentially just voided their 11pt deduction?

Be interested to see if that carries over to next season.

If they're promoting/having play offs then I don't see how it can be carried over

The flaw with that technique is that it doesn't take into account form. Hull were plunging down the table, Luton were on a good run, no way would they be nearly 7 points apart from each other by the end of the season

As an aside, it would also mean we got relegated with 48 points, a really high total

And of course, what about FFP points deductions...
  • edited May 2020
    I have some questions that I have been mulling over and they may have been discussed on here previously-

1) If we were relegated which would effectively happen if the season was ended based on current standings or PPG averages (even if done fully or with home and away ratios), does anyone have any idea what would be the standpoint legally for charlton in terms of feasibility of mounting a challenge against it?

2) if we are handed a deduction or we end up even worse in administration because of the possible ramifications from the EFL, would we have any standing legally, as a fan group or club, to contest the part that efl played in this whole process?  The reason I ask this is because despite the many failings of the club and those running it, and the excuses that efl have given- namely that they only have to ratify a takeover not whether someone invests straight away (and then seemingly deal with the consequences later as per our eventual embargo and still unsettled proof of funds) - would this not shine a light on holes within the EFL as an organisation and their methods to such a point that they would rather not expose and bring into public light? 

The flaw with that technique is that it doesn't take into account form. Hull were plunging down the table, Luton were on a good run, no way would they be nearly 7 points apart from each other by the end of the season

As an aside, it would also mean we got relegated with 48 points, a really high total

And of course, what about FFP points deductions...
    And just for a fair balance does it also take into account that we were total turd to the point that nobody on here had a hope in hell of us turning it around? 😉
  • Looks like we are down then.