Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• The Premier League and FA agreed a deal that means clubs and players can extend existing contracts (on existing terms) that end on the 30th June until “the end of the season” rather than a specific date BUT both club and player have to agree to the extension.

There is not and cannot be any blanket contract extension to cover all players.
    If those players do not agree with the club to add on a month or two to their current deals, they will be free to leave on July 1st.
  • No mention of the Championship but then thats a division outside the Premier League so who cares.
  • The Premier League and FA agreed a deal that means clubs and players can extend existing contracts (on existing terms) that end on the 30th June until “the end of the season” rather than a specific date BUT both club and player have to agree to the extension.

If those players do not agree with the club to add on a month or two to their current deals, they will be free to leave on July 1st.
    So if all out of contract on the 30th June players tell their clubs to poke it re a contract extension then the situation becomes even more ridiculous, clubs can quite rightly say theyve been weakened so how can the season finish fairly. Its a nightmare isnt it?!
  • Three of those who tested positive are Watford players. Adds weight to what Deeney was saying.
  • edited May 2020
    Three of those who tested positive are Watford players. Adds weight to what Deeney was saying.
    So now Watford have confirmed 3 of the positive tests were them, 2 coaches and 1 player, more players have refused to train

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8337859/amp/More-Watford-stars-REFUSE-train-three-six-positive-coronavirus-tests-came-club.html?__twitter_impression=true 
  • Three of those who tested positive are Watford players. Adds weight to what Deeney was saying.
    So now Watford have confirmed 3 of the positive tests were them, 2 coaches and 1 player, more players have refused to train

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8337859/amp/More-Watford-stars-REFUSE-train-three-six-positive-coronavirus-tests-came-club.html?__twitter_impression=true 
    Assume none of the players are asking for null and void - more a delay until it’s safe?

I see the main problem with this is that clubs will be wanting some players to extend and some not. Ie, in our case we would want Taylor to extend but not say Page. I don't think that's right or fair. Contract extensions for all or none at all. 
  • We are screwed. If its current position we are down and PPG we are down. I can't see them restarting the season. If they void the season we will more than likely go into Admin get docked 12 points and go down next season anyhow.
  • ct_addick said:
    We are screwed. If its current position we are down and PPG we are down. I can't see them restarting the season. If they void the season we will more than likely go into Admin get docked 12 points and go down next season anyhow.
    I suppose a points deduction could start next season.
    Ww could be starting division 3 staring at the bottom division before we have even kicked a ball, just like Bolton.
  • If the league have fully confirmed that the premier league will return then i assume that with the regular tests, any player that tests positive will just be deemed as an 'injured' player and unavailable for the next 2-3 games until he tests negative. Is that correct or will entire clubs need to isolate?
  • Sponsored links:

• If the league have fully confirmed that the premier league will return then i assume that with the regular tests, any player that tests positive will just be deemed as an 'injured' player and unavailable for the next 2-3 games until he tests negative. Is that correct or will entire clubs need to isolate?
    From what I’ve  read only the players tested positive have to isolate and only for 7 days, which is crazy.
  • Shrew said:
    If the league have fully confirmed that the premier league will return then i assume that with the regular tests, any player that tests positive will just be deemed as an 'injured' player and unavailable for the next 2-3 games until he tests negative. Is that correct or will entire clubs need to isolate?
    From what I’ve  read only the players tested positive have to isolate and only for 7 days, which is crazy.
    Why? They were all tested before they got together so that if one player was positive there's no reason to assume he passed it on to anyone else
  • re contracts, what is to stop Hull from offering Lyle a nice big juicy two month contract starting 1st July to fire them to safety at Charltons expense ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    re contracts, what is to stop Hull from offering Lyle a nice big juicy two month contract starting 1st July to fire them to safety at Charltons expense ?
    Nothing has been decided yet but i'm assuming that leagues won't allow transfer windows to open until 19/20 seasons are finished?

Taylor may well decide he doesn't want to play for us again after the end of June (although i don't think he's the type of player to do that), but if he did decide that, then he certainly wouldn't be able to play for a new club in the current season.
  • MrOneLung said:
    re contracts, what is to stop Hull from offering Lyle a nice big juicy two month contract starting 1st July to fire them to safety at Charltons expense ?
    Nothing has been decided yet but i'm assuming that leagues won't allow transfer windows to open until 19/20 seasons are finished?

Taylor may well decide he doesn't want to play for us again after the end of June (although i don't think he's the type of player to do that), but if he did decide that, then he certainly wouldn't be able to play for a new club in the current season.
    It would be chaos otherwise. 

And I can't imagine players wanting to move clubs now (unless locally) anyway, it's hardly the moment to move to another part of the country!
  • if every player from all 20 premier league squads have been tested then 6 is a very, very small number.
    Its still 6 to many to considering restarting
    To me it is re-assuring. They are identifying those that pose a risk. 
  • If we won our next scheduled game, we could be as high a 17th. You simply cannot relegate a team where this scenario is possible. 
  • What if a player has signed a pre-contract agreement with another Club?

I'm sure there are several players who have agreed deals with new Clubs already.
  • if every player from all 20 premier league squads have been tested then 6 is a very, very small number.
    Its still 6 to many to considering restarting
    To me it is re-assuring. They are identifying those that pose a risk. 
    I would go further and say that you could make a very strong case that at least one of the bottom three will finish above Hull and Boro. I don't think you need to specify which one, but if I had to bet my life on the outcome, I would bet against the bottom three remaining the same.
  • Addickted said:
    What if a player has signed a pre-contract agreement with another Club?

I'm sure there are several players who have agreed deals with new Clubs already.
    The transfer window is closed and they will move it back so no one will be able to buy or play a new signing.

Players will presumably be able to decide to sign an extension or not.  I would expect a player like Taylor would be asking for a six month contract with an escape clause set at a very low level so he will be paid if next season is delayed, but move easily if an offer he likes comes in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Addickted said:

The transfer window is closed and they will move it back so no one will be able to buy or play a new signing.

Players will presumably be able to decide to sign an extension or not.  I would expect a player like Taylor would be asking for a six month contract with an escape clause set at a very low level so he will be paid if next season is delayed, but move easily if an offer he likes comes in.
    Why ask for six months? I’d want to protect myself from losing income due to a long term injury. So if I think I’ve got a 2 year 10k a week offer out there, that’s what I want from the club, with an appropriately worded escape clause that lets me leave if I get through the last few games unscathed. But if I get injured,the club is on the hook for the potential lost wages. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Addickted said:

Why ask for six months? I’d want to protect myself from losing income due to a long term injury. So if I think I’ve got a 2 year 10k a week offer out there, that’s what I want from the club, with an appropriately worded escape clause that lets me leave if I get through the last few games unscathed. But if I get injured,the club is on the hook for the potential lost wages. 
    Spot on, except for the fact that he'll probably be looking for a 3 year contract due to it probably being his last chance of a big pay day.
    In his position he can't take any chances of any catastrophic happening. 
  • Italy's football federation (FIGC) has set 20 August as the deadline for finishing the season, with the new campaign starting on 1 September.

A long pre season there then..........

• Italy's football federation (FIGC) has set 20 August as the deadline for finishing the season, with the new campaign starting on 1 September.

Dont need a pre season is the way they are looking at it I guess.

Go straight from one season to the next no friendlies just get on with it.

Players are gonna be knackered by the halfway point tho, hardly any training to restart this season after a 2 month break,then straight into the next season

Players are gonna be knackered by the halfway point tho, hardly any training to restart this season after a 2 month break,then straight into the next season
    I know people will say "well they're paid enough" but players will have been following home training programmes and keeping fit even during lockdown, so to finish this season then roll straight into the next one will be tough on them as you say in the second half of the season.

But i was thinking more that it's not very long to sort out transfers, so i wonder if leagues will just decide to have a transfer window that goes 1-2 months into the new season and then do away with the January window.
  • Why are serge aurier and jordan Ibe immune from It? And still no change to any prem salaries meanwhile the rest of the country is on furlough or working, feel there should and hope there is a real lack of support for these “elite” premier league players 

Have  a 2 week break,then half way through the new season have a 4week winter break,
  • Why are serge aurier and jordan Ibe immune from It? And still no change to any prem salaries meanwhile the rest of the country is on furlough or working, feel there should and hope there is a real lack of support for these “elite” premier league players 
    Aren't there bigger things going on at the moment?

If some billionaire wants to keep paying the players, who cares. It's not coming out of our taxes. If anything it means that the government is getting more money in revenue than the money sitting in some off-shore account