Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    I don't know if true, but I've been told there are about 200 drinking outside The Ramblers Rest.
    They didn't say whether the pub was open.

Just back from the ramblers rest.
    Me and the wife had a walk down there and a quick pint.
    Can't see it being open for long.
     You can keep the social distancing down there.
    But quite a few of the younger ones wasnt and it was nearly all youngsters down there.
    There is of course no toilets for anyone. 
  • Options
    Everyone must be down the beaches or in their gardens, as I've been to Beckenham Palace, Avery Hill and Eltham South parks today and although there has course been people it's not been swathes of them and certainly not massive groups either. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Everyone must be down the beaches or in their gardens, as I've been to Beckenham Palace, Avery Hill and Eltham South parks today and although there has course been people it's not been swathes of them and certainly not massive groups either. 
    I missed the announcement that we were encouraged to visit 3 parks in one day.
    Is this so you could meet up with 15 different friends (5x3) ? :wink:
  • Options
    Where I am lockd down well and truly over. Have had two demonstrations go past my front door.
    The first 50 to 60 cyclists, the usual 20 to 40middle class type with kids in trailers.
    Then later a group of 100 to 150  marching up the road demonstrating about what is going on in the USA, no social distancing and no face covering. They went to an already overcrowded park, watch covid 19 take off again.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this so you could meet up with 15 different friends (5x3) ?
    You have been allowed unlimited exercise since the 13th May
  • Options
    Hold onto your hats for the 2nd wave, because it’s coming.
  • Options
    I’ve been sat out on our balcony today & the amount of air traffic has been insane.
    Regular flights all going to the USA.
    None of them freight.
  • Options
    Just taken the dog out and it’s noticeable the amount of chatter, music etc coming from lots of gardens. We’re either in for a second wave or the conspiracy theorists telling us that it was all a load of shite. Either would be very boring to say the least. 
  • Options
    Lockdown's done as a meaningful concept now. Keeping our lockdown going here, for now keen to see if this easing causes it to spike up again. Very lucky to have a garden and £3 pints delivered from the local, so no great rush to get out.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I missed the announcement where we were told that we couldnt
  • Options
    We're still on pretty strict rules here despite daily death figures being in single figures. Daily walk still only allowed for one hour between 6-10 am or 8-11 pm with separate hours for over 70s and families with children. We can meet up in groups of ten now and some bars have outdoor seating with 50% maximum capacity. 

All seems to be working well and should move into next phase on 8th June with another slight shift of restrictions easing.
  • Options
    We're still on pretty strict rules here despite daily death figures being in single figures. Daily walk still only allowed for one hour between 6-10 am or 8-11 pm with separate hours for over 70s and families with children. We can meet up in groups of ten now and some bars have outdoor seating with 50% maximum capacity. 

All seems to be working well and should move into next phase on 8th June with another slight shift of restrictions easing.
    Presumably you can only go to the bar for an hour as well? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not only has lockdown gone but also a lot of the social distancing and safety measures.
    I've noticed a decline in how many people are wearing face coverings in my local supermarket. Couple of weeks ago it was probably up to 40%, today it was me and one other customer.
    I'm just going to live in my own bubble and keep my social interaction limited. I'm lucky that for now my work see that as the sensible course to take.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I don't know if true, but I've been told there are about 200 drinking outside The Ramblers Rest.
    They didn't say whether the pub was open.

Just back from the ramblers rest.
    Me and the wife had a walk down there and a quick pint.
    Can't see it being open for long.
     You can keep the social distancing down there.
    But quite a few of the younger ones wasnt and it was nearly all youngsters down there.
    There is of course no toilets for anyone. 
    https://m.facebook.com/TheRamblersRest/photos/a.615716881824776/3181004601962645/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EH-R
  • Options
    Ramblers rest now closed
  • Options
    Saw my mum in the morning who have not seen since Lockdown began (socially distanced as she walked her dog). And then went for a walk with my 18 month son and partner in the afternoon through two parks which are essentially next to each other.

Is that breaking any 'rules'? No. Didn't think so. 
    Sorry, should have put a smiley, it was an attempt at humour.
  • Options
    You have been allowed unlimited exercise since the 13th May
    Yes, I was joking, I should have put a smiley.
  • Options
    Saw my mum in the morning who have not seen since Lockdown began (socially distanced as she walked her dog). And then went for a walk with my 18 month son and partner in the afternoon through two parks which are essentially next to each other.

No worries mate. It is difficult to understand context over the internet a lot of time. I must come across as an utter **** lots of the time... And that's right. 
  • Options

No worries mate. It is difficult to understand context over the internet a lot of time. I must come across as an utter **** lots of the time... And that's right. 
    No you don't, you come across as very sensible.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Roseberry Gardens In Dartford just now. I have every sympathy for those seaside residents who are being dumped on. This is almost worse given that 95% of the people who use this park will have had to wal less than 500 yards to get to it. Still can’t have the decency to take their crap home. Fkin tossers. 
  • Options
    All the seafront pubs in Brighton have been open this weekend, I had a pint on Friday from the Tempest when it was quiet but it sounds like yesterday was crazy. Takeout only and contactless payment everywhere, although the guy in front of me in the queue asked if he could pay in cash and they said “yeah of course”

One pub had changed their sign to say “off license” although it was still a pub, with a bar, pumps and bar staff, but assume that’s how they are getting around the rules.

Only 18 new cases out of 400,000 people in Brighton in the last two weeks apparently, but obviously tourists are visiting and that number could exponentially get very high again very quickly. I think stats like this, plus Cummings, plus the nice weather and pubs all opening again have led to lots of people heading out.

Beaches were  busy on Friday but most social distancing, apart from the under twenties who were as crammed together as you could be.

Walking down the seafront from my flat in Hove there have been games of five-a-side footie and cricket on the lawns, and one gym had even taken their weight benches, cross trainers and barbells down there for an outdoor gym.. the rules were that PTs were allowed to train one client outdoors with distancing and minimal equipment so they were definitely in breach.

I saw one police officer all week when out and about on my walks and so I think they’ve given up trying to police it here. Complete collapse of lockdown in Brighton and Hove, both businesses and population. (not that I’m complaining about the pub and I’m relaxed about things loosening a little, problem is that then opens the door for people taking the piss)
  • Options
    I saw a large group of boys hanging around near my house yesterday, they all then headed off towards our local nature reserve. Many more young teenagers headed in that direction as well. Lockdown is effectively over.