Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    The second wave is coming thanks to these turds, I just hope it's smaller and manageable as we have no indoor pubs, clubs, busy trains, stadiums etc. 

If we have a second lockdown then surely it'd create at least double the havoc to our economy. If we're not in more normal times by October, I can see nearly everyone on government furlough pay being made redundant. I'm now worrying for my job in what I thought was a safe industry. 
  • Options

Roseberry Gardens In Dartford just now. I have every sympathy for those seaside residents who are being dumped on. This is almost worse given that 95% of the people who use this park will have had to wal less than 500 yards to get to it. Still can’t have the decency to take their crap home. Fkin tossers. 
    @FannyFannackapan left! Under her guardianship the clink of a discarded tin would have been swiftly followed by the quiet hiss of the gun door opening on the turret of Fannackapan Towers. A quick pop and another miscreant would fall to be silently collected in Mr F’s wheelbarrow and deposited on the compost heap. Best roses in Kent the Fannackapans had.  Best roses in Kent.   
  • Options

Roseberry Gardens In Dartford just now. I have every sympathy for those seaside residents who are being dumped on. This is almost worse given that 95% of the people who use this park will have had to wal less than 500 yards to get to it. Still can’t have the decency to take their crap home. Fkin tossers. 
    Just a few yards from the back gate of our old house.

We spent several hours each summer litter picking the fields this pathways leads on to. 
  • Options
    Gone downhill since I left !

• Options
    That was the road my mum lived in as a child, but that was the forties/fifties, so I expect it was nicer then.
  • Options
    I despair at the attitude some people have these days, they have no thought for anyone but themselves.  If a bin is full they should take it home with them, they managed to take it there, so can do the same when they leave. Makes me mad at the selfishness of some people.

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    That was the road my mum lived in as a child, but that was the forties/fifties, so I expect it was nicer then.
    Still a lovely road @IdleHans

this is through the alley that goes over to the fields. 
  • Options
    I saw a large group of boys hanging around near my house yesterday, they all then headed off towards our local nature reserve. Many more young teenagers headed in that direction as well. Lockdown is effectively over. 
    Fantastic that the youth are taking such a keen interest in locals wildlife, to be commended. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Where I am lockd down well and truly over. Have had two demonstrations go past my front door.
    The first 50 to 60 cyclists, the usual 20 to 40middle class type with kids in trailers.
    Then later a group of 100 to 150  marching up the road demonstrating about what is going on in the USA, no social distancing and no face covering. They went to an already overcrowded park, watch covid 19 take off again.

Peckham @msomerton ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:
    Still a lovely road @IdleHans

this is through the alley that goes over to the fields. 
    I remember that alley - once had a head-on with another cyclist right on the corner of it on my way home from school, both ging too fast round a blind corner. Crash of heads made a proper crack. Explains a lot.

• Options
    Think the 16-25 years old range didn’t take lockdown seriously to start with to be honest. 

Always seen groups of them over the park since day one. 
  • Options
    It’s been about three or four weeks since the VE Day weekend when there were similar warnings that the lack of social distancing exhibited over that period would lead to a spike in cases later on (the last week, basically) - did that happen?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    It’s been about three or four weeks since the VE Day weekend when there were similar warnings that the lack of social distancing exhibited over that period would lead to a spike in cases later on (the last week, basically) - did that happen?
    Death numbers are up this week
  • Options
    I had to give my parents a talking to last night, as they're considering driving down to visit my sister who lives in Bournemouth soon. While they may be able to socially distance once they're there, there's no way in the world they can do that journey without having to make a stop on the way, and a heaving service station on the M3 is going to be a massive breeding ground for infection. So I ended up having to play the "as the only person in this family who's had Covid-19" card. Will have to wait and see whether it's had the desired effect, or they're just humouring me.
  • Options
    I despair at the attitude some people have these days, they have no thought for anyone but themselves.  If a bin is full they should take it home with them, they managed to take it there, so can do the same when they leave. Makes me mad at the selfishness of some people.

The thing is me14 ive just met the boy up the park the bins have not been emptied from last night.
  • Options
    Trafalgar Square looks busy today.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Rothko said:
    se9addick said:
    Death numbers are up this week
    But they're not right? 

• Options
    So deaths in all settings have dropped by about 50%-60% since the VE Day weekend?
  • Options
    The traditional weekend dip on Saturday and Sunday is a bit of that, but most of last week was 300+ a day.

as for case numbers, the daily reported numbers are picking up those showing symptoms, the ONS numbers are picking up those who are asymptomatic. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    clb74 said:

The thing is me14 ive just met the boy up the park the bins have not been emptied from last night.
    Would bins normally be emptied on a Sunday?  That the bins have not been emptied is no excuse for leaving rubbish beside the bin.
  • Options
    Enjoy it Jon.
  • Options
    Thanks I will. 👍
  • Options
    It is nice to get out Jon.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Think the 16-25 years old range didn’t take lockdown seriously to start with to be honest. 

Always seen groups of them over the park since day one. 
    The reality is that they are at very little risk of being seriously affected by COVID. Not zero risk, but low enough for the deaths elsewhere to not hit home as something to be worried about.

The important thing is that they don't meet with vulnerable people, and if I was in that category I'd rather trust my own instincts and stay extra safe, rather than relying on a 17 year old to be sensible...
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    I drove to deliver some magazines to my brother in hospital (but that’s a whole other story) and I’ll tell you how I knew lockdown was easing? Another driver called me a w•nker for the first time.
    I bet it wasn't the first time ;-)

• Options
    Lockdown in Bournemouth 

• Options
    First time, since lockdown, but, yeah, I’ve been called a lot worse than that in my time. Usually as you’re driving off...