Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    We drove thru Eynsford yesterday to take dogs for walk - if any of you know The Plough pub by the ford, it has a largish area of grass opposite it by the river - there was an ice cream van parked up and the area was packed with people - as we drove past I looked and no way was the ability to even be 2 metres from other people

Lockdown is indeed gone

My sister is an A&E nurse - she tells me NHS is worried cases and deaths will start to rise again, and it’s preparing for the worst
    It is totally infuriating for those of us who live in Eynsford! The mobs have been descending every day of good weather. The ford (which I normally look at fondly and like seeing people enjoying themselves) has become a magnet for poor behaviour and idiocy. The local councillors and our MP are onto it but there can't be policing all the time. It is like people can't think for themselves and believe mob mentality will protect them. The ice cream van gets moved on and then returns a few minutes later! I despair and avoid the village centre.

Have to say Eynsford village store and the butchers are great shops - love driving my Land Rover Defender thru the Ford - we walk the dogs at Lullingstone Castle - park exactly where the Police cordon was a few days ago when that poor man was murdered - agree that the people congregating outside the Plough are in the main a pretty unsavoury bunch - saw mini motorbikes being driven up and down recently outside the Plough !!!
    We live over the field from Eynsford near a by way. Bloody motorbikes have been up and down over the last few weeks when it’s meant to be ‘essential’ journeys. We’re also on the main hike to Knatts Valley where cyclists head for. Since lockdown there’s been a steady stream of groups who get very pissed off if they can’t cycle down the middle of the road when I’m trying to drive along it. No thank you for slowing down either. 
  • Options
    Went for a walk with my daughter to 5 arches this afternoon, it was packed and there were several large groups of people with no thought to social distancing. We only stayed for a few minutes. Nearly rang the police but any damage would have already been done. Can’t see anything but a 2nd wave at this rate. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Where I live, cycling on the pavement has become the new norm. I can understand that a main road isn't safe for young children, but teenagers and adults should be on the road. I was nearly knocked over last week, by one who came up behind me.
  • Options
    Where I live, cycling on the pavement has become the new norm. I can understand that a main road isn't safe for young children, but teenagers and adults should be on the road. I was nearly knocked over last week, by one who came up behind me.
    Also, why do cyclists no longer have a bell to alert people? I was nearly rammed by one until my husband shouted a warning on Sunday.
  • Options
    Mrs booked a return to UK from France (Bordeaux - Gatwick) for the 01/07 on Saturday, all went through no problem, message first thing yesterday morning that flight has been cancelled. So that's BA now holding £60 credit to re-book and Ryan Air holing £55 credit to re-book from the original booking (no chance at all of getting dough back from RA, so we gave up). You are now able to book flights for this same route from BA from the 09/07 onwards. The fact they're accepting bookings for dates they have had no autherisation to fly on, then cancelling the following day, leaves me wondering if they're selling tickets to keep thier heads above water now, then soaking up the loss when people use their credit later in the year? Otherwise, why wouldn't they cancel the flight a couple of days before, when they're sure the border is definitely not going to open?

We have no problem with the rules being put in place by the Governments, but reckon the airlines are trying it on a bit
    We have flights to france booked for the end of June with easyjet which obviously we're not going to use but easyjet are insisting that they are going to fly so will not give us our money back. It's a shit situation
  • Options
    As a cyclist, I can confirm other cyclists are idiots

I can understand if there's roundabouts, or awkward junctions that you do not feel comfortable cycling on, but if that's the case get off and walk your bike. 
    Some other cyclists.
  • Options
    Did pee me off last week when I was running and in the distance I could see a bloke on his bike on the pavement coming my way. I knew from 100 metres away I was the one who was going to have to go into the road to maintain social distance, and so it proved. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did pee me off last week when I was running and in the distance I could see a bloke on his bike on the pavement coming my way. I knew from 100 metres away I was the one who was going to have to go into the road to maintain social distance, and so it proved. 
    To be fair i've had to step off the pavement a lot lately to make way for runners.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Walking on the heath a couple of a days ago, moved off the path out of the way almost into the nettles to let a runner through and got no thanks. Selfish twat
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/aVUxK1mNups
  • Options
    My husband has a 2 inch long gash on his ankle from being hit by a cyclist on the pavement a couple of weeks ago.  Husband was coming out of a path to the park to a road junction and a cyclist was bombing it down on the pavement and hit him. Could have been worse if he was split second faster/slower as he could have hit his body or head. he did stop and say 'are you ok' and then carried on. husband limped home and hasn't been able to run since as it is still causing him some discomfort with the swelling. 
  • Options
    My husband has a 2 inch long gash on his ankle from being hit by a cyclist on the pavement a couple of weeks ago.  Husband was coming out of a path to the park to a road junction and a cyclist was bombing it down on the pavement and hit him. Could have been worse if he was split second faster/slower as he could have hit his body or head. he did stop and say 'are you ok' and then carried on. husband limped home and hasn't been able to run since as it is still causing him some discomfort with the swelling. 
    poor @les_says, now to be known as just 'husband' 🤣
  • Options
    Nearly got knocked over by a bloke cycling yesterday, he apologized and carried on. Fine. Then as he is cycling he raises his hand and starts to talk into his mobile. Moron.
  • Options
    I see it's anti cyclist day in here today. Just to counter I was cycling yesterday, a guy in his car threatened to stab me because I had the audacity to move to the centre of the road to make a right turn. Not all cylcists, pedestrians and motorists are pricks, unfortunately many of the people doing those activities are.
  • Options
    Us Cyclists are basically an easy target and the brunt of everyone's anger. At times you feel whever you go people don't want you there. If you go on the roads the cars dont want you there, if you go on the paths the pedestrians  hate it, even if you find the odd cycle path there always tends to be a lunatic walking a dog along it or something!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    CH4RLTON said:
    Us Cyclists are basically an easy target and the brunt of everyone's anger. At times you feel whever you go people don't want you there. If you go on the roads the cars dont want you there, if you go on the paths the pedestrians  hate it, even if you find the odd cycle path there always tends to be a lunatic walking a dog along it or something!
    I understand not every cyclist is a melon, but I can guarantee you on my cycle commute to work at least one will shoot straight through a red light - so no wonder lots of motorists/pedestrians get pissed off. Last week I was driving back down to mine on Rochester Way, which has a relatively new partially seperated cycle lane, and there was still some bloke cycling down the middle of the road!

The issue is when even though its a smaller minority of cyclists who do stuff like this, and usually it's the casual cyclists and not your keenos like me, it happens enough for me to see why people get easily pissed off. I see a larger ratio of people cycling badly then driving/being a pedestrian badly. 

Anyway. I'm just about to buy my third bike - much to my partners dismay as we don't really have anywhere to store the other two. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jumping the red light is very very common amongst cyclists. I occasionally cycle and would never do it or cycle on the pavement.
    Cyclists who ignore the norms make it difficult for the rest of us.
    Mind you vehicle drivers are a continual threat all the time I am sorry to say. They self justify because of how they view relative speeds, and because they feel safe in a metal box.
  • Options
    Anyones kids gone back to football training yet?

Ours are starting officially tonight but knowing the manager and a few others have been a bit blasé about this whole thing and his lack of clarity on how he's going to keep them to small groups we are giving it a swerve for now.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    Nearly got knocked over by a bloke cycling yesterday, he apologized and carried on. Fine. Then as he is cycling he raises his hand and starts to talk into his mobile. Moron.
    And cyclists who ride along with their headphones in their ears listening to music or whatever - madness - how on Earth can they be aware of what is going on around them - so dangerous - amount of times I have come up behind a cyclist with them in their ears and they are clearly completely unaware I am behind them

Mind you I see people in cars with headphones on as well

It can’t be legal surely
  • Options
    We drove thru Eynsford yesterday to take dogs for walk - if any of you know The Plough pub by the ford, it has a largish area of grass opposite it by the river - there was an ice cream van parked up and the area was packed with people - as we drove past I looked and no way was the ability to even be 2 metres from other people

Lockdown is indeed gone

My sister is an A&E nurse - she tells me NHS is worried cases and deaths will start to rise again, and it’s preparing for the worst
    It is totally infuriating for those of us who live in Eynsford! The mobs have been descending every day of good weather. The ford (which I normally look at fondly and like seeing people enjoying themselves) has become a magnet for poor behaviour and idiocy. The local councillors and our MP are onto it but there can't be policing all the time. It is like people can't think for themselves and believe mob mentality will protect them. The ice cream van gets moved on and then returns a few minutes later! I despair and avoid the village centre.

Have to say Eynsford village store and the butchers are great shops - love driving my Land Rover Defender thru the Ford - we walk the dogs at Lullingstone Castle - park exactly where the Police cordon was a few days ago when that poor man was murdered - agree that the people congregating outside the Plough are in the main a pretty unsavoury bunch - saw mini motorbikes being driven up and down recently outside the Plough !!!
    We live over the field from Eynsford near a by way. Bloody motorbikes have been up and down over the last few weeks when it’s meant to be ‘essential’ journeys. We’re also on the main hike to Knatts Valley where cyclists head for. Since lockdown there’s been a steady stream of groups who get very pissed off if they can’t cycle down the middle of the road when I’m trying to drive along it. No thank you for slowing down either. 
    Don’t get me started on cyclists !!! It’s like the mother Alien has suddenly hatched hundreds of cyclists eggs and dropped them into the Dartford area !!!
    You wanna live near Hythe it's the fecking tour de bloody France here with their bright colourful jerseys swerving all over the road thinking they're Chris Froome... They wish but I feel your pain! 
  • Options
    Not all cyclists are pricks but, imo, the following ones are 100% -

- Those who jump red lights
    - Those who mount the pavement to beat the lights
    - Those who ride on pavements regardless
    - Those who think they can go as fast as a motor powered vehicle
    - Those who ride in groups and don't filter into single-file when a motor powered vehicle approaches, either oncoming, or coming from the rear

I live in the middle of very popular "cycling country" and we get a lot of groups out, riding 2 to 3+ a breadth on country lanes that are sometimes only 3m wide in the first place. They tend to ignore you at first, then you get a look over the should, then they make a massive deal about moving over, or don't move at all. The rule here is to give them 1.5m space, as you pass but not too sure how you're meant to manage that, when they ride in the way they do, and this includes when you're drivinf towards them from the front. I have a friend who was a proffessional cyclist here through the 60's and 70's, and even he says the same about the teams you get out in the summer.

• Options

- Those who ride in groups and don't filter into single-file when a motor powered vehicle approaches, either oncoming, or coming from the rear

I live in the middle of very popular "cycling country" and we get a lot of groups out, riding 2 to 3+ a breadth on country lanes that are sometimes only 3m wide in the first place. They tend to ignore you at first, then you get a look over the should, then they make a massive deal about moving over, or don't move at all. The rule here is to give them 1.5m space, as you pass but not too sure how you're meant to manage that, when they ride in the way they do, and this includes when you're drivinf towards them from the front. I have a friend who was a proffessional cyclist here through the 60's and 70's, and even he says the same about the teams you get out in the summer.

I rarely see the law applied to cyclists and there is no requirement for them to have insurance should they cause an accident. We now have electric scooters to add into the mix and once again there is no requirement to obey the law.

Enforcing social distancing with these goons on the pavement is impossible.

We as a society seem to have given up on lockdown as well as the government.
  • Options

Get yourself a Land Rover Defender and as you overtake them change down a gear so they get nice big cloud of diesel smoke to enjoy with their ride out 🤪
  • Options

I rarely see the law applied to cyclists and there is no requirement for them to have insurance should they cause an accident. We now have electric scooters to add into the mix and once again there is no requirement to obey the law.

I thought the electric scooters were illegal on road or pavement. Can anyone clarify?
  • Options

I thought the electric scooters were illegal on road or pavement. Can anyone clarify?
    about to made legal 
  • Options

Lockdown is indeed gone

Don’t get me started on cyclists !!! It’s like the mother Alien has suddenly hatched hundreds of cyclists eggs and dropped them into the Dartford area !!!
    You wanna live near Hythe it's the fecking tour de bloody France here with their bright colourful jerseys swerving all over the road thinking they're Chris Froome... They wish but I feel your pain! 
     On behalf of CL's cyclists I can only apologise at the offence caused by the wearing of bright colourful jerseys.