Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    We drove thru Eynsford yesterday to take dogs for walk - if any of you know The Plough pub by the ford, it has a largish area of grass opposite it by the river - there was an ice cream van parked up and the area was packed with people - as we drove past I looked and no way was the ability to even be 2 metres from other people

Lockdown is indeed gone

My sister is an A&E nurse - she tells me NHS is worried cases and deaths will start to rise again, and it’s preparing for the worst
    It is totally infuriating for those of us who live in Eynsford! The mobs have been descending every day of good weather. The ford (which I normally look at fondly and like seeing people enjoying themselves) has become a magnet for poor behaviour and idiocy. The local councillors and our MP are onto it but there can't be policing all the time. It is like people can't think for themselves and believe mob mentality will protect them. The ice cream van gets moved on and then returns a few minutes later! I despair and avoid the village centre.

Have to say Eynsford village store and the butchers are great shops - love driving my Land Rover Defender thru the Ford - we walk the dogs at Lullingstone Castle - park exactly where the Police cordon was a few days ago when that poor man was murdered - agree that the people congregating outside the Plough are in the main a pretty unsavoury bunch - saw mini motorbikes being driven up and down recently outside the Plough !!!
    We live over the field from Eynsford near a by way. Bloody motorbikes have been up and down over the last few weeks when it’s meant to be ‘essential’ journeys. We’re also on the main hike to Knatts Valley where cyclists head for. Since lockdown there’s been a steady stream of groups who get very pissed off if they can’t cycle down the middle of the road when I’m trying to drive along it. No thank you for slowing down either. 
    Don’t get me started on cyclists !!! It’s like the mother Alien has suddenly hatched hundreds of cyclists eggs and dropped them into the Dartford area !!!
    You wanna live near Hythe it's the fecking tour de bloody France here with their bright colourful jerseys swerving all over the road thinking they're Chris Froome... They wish but I feel your pain! 
     On behalf of CL's cyclists I can only apologise at the offence caused by the wearing of bright colourful jerseys.
    Think I might put my most garish one on and head down to Hythe if I know it winds someone up that much.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    We drove thru Eynsford yesterday to take dogs for walk - if any of you know The Plough pub by the ford, it has a largish area of grass opposite it by the river - there was an ice cream van parked up and the area was packed with people - as we drove past I looked and no way was the ability to even be 2 metres from other people

Lockdown is indeed gone

My sister is an A&E nurse - she tells me NHS is worried cases and deaths will start to rise again, and it’s preparing for the worst
    It is totally infuriating for those of us who live in Eynsford! The mobs have been descending every day of good weather. The ford (which I normally look at fondly and like seeing people enjoying themselves) has become a magnet for poor behaviour and idiocy. The local councillors and our MP are onto it but there can't be policing all the time. It is like people can't think for themselves and believe mob mentality will protect them. The ice cream van gets moved on and then returns a few minutes later! I despair and avoid the village centre.

Have to say Eynsford village store and the butchers are great shops - love driving my Land Rover Defender thru the Ford - we walk the dogs at Lullingstone Castle - park exactly where the Police cordon was a few days ago when that poor man was murdered - agree that the people congregating outside the Plough are in the main a pretty unsavoury bunch - saw mini motorbikes being driven up and down recently outside the Plough !!!
    We live over the field from Eynsford near a by way. Bloody motorbikes have been up and down over the last few weeks when it’s meant to be ‘essential’ journeys. We’re also on the main hike to Knatts Valley where cyclists head for. Since lockdown there’s been a steady stream of groups who get very pissed off if they can’t cycle down the middle of the road when I’m trying to drive along it. No thank you for slowing down either. 
    Don’t get me started on cyclists !!! It’s like the mother Alien has suddenly hatched hundreds of cyclists eggs and dropped them into the Dartford area !!!
    You wanna live near Hythe it's the fecking tour de bloody France here with their bright colourful jerseys swerving all over the road thinking they're Chris Froome... They wish but I feel your pain! 
     On behalf of CL's cyclists I can only apologise at the offence caused by the wearing of bright colourful jerseys.
    Think I might put my most garish one on and head down to Hythe if I know it winds someone up that much.
    I’m on my way and i haven’t got a bell either
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Lockdown is indeed gone

I’m on my way and i haven’t got a bell either
    Don’t forget to put your headphones on and crank the sound up loud - if you can get a gang together of say 10 as well, you can ride 3 abreast - don’t worry about red lights or pedestrian crossings, they don’t apply to you 😉
  • Options
    Judging by the images I have seen at Hyde Park today, I think you can safely say the lockdown is over.
    I appreciate it is a touchy subject, but don’t understand why any of the media haven’t commented on the social distancing aspect of it all.
  • Options
    Also,  there was a street party on the Church Road estate in Harlesden yesterday where police estimated 500 people in attendance.  
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    ROTW said:
    Judging by the images I have seen at Hyde Park today, I think you can safely say the lockdown is over.
    I appreciate it is a touchy subject, but don’t understand why any of the media haven’t commented on the social distancing aspect of it all.
    Unbelievable really. 

Would love to know how many of these people (like I did) had the hump about Cummings yet have still gone to this. 
    I've been very vocal in enforcing a stricter lockdown but I can completely see that for some people some issues are way bigger than coronavirus. But I think there is a definite distinction to those joining a protest and people just out having a jolly up.
  • Options
    Loads of cyclists in certain situations can go faster than engine powered vehicles.
    The speed limit for everybody is whatever is safe.
    A good way to look at accidents is that everybody involved in one is at fault, well a good starting point anyway.
    Whoever you are you're invisible, and every other road user hates you and wants to kill or injure you, is not a bad outlook when taking to the roads and pavements.
    Always expect the worst and you have a better chance of survival.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Loads of cyclists in certain situations can go faster than engine powered vehicles.
    The speed limit for everybody is whatever is safe.
    A good way to look at accidents is that everybody involved in one is at fault, well a good starting point anyway.
    Whoever you are you're invisible, and every other road user hates you and wants to kill or injure you, is not a bad outlook when taking to the roads and pavements.
    Always expect the worst and you have a better chance of survival.
    Simply put just assume every car/van/lorry driver is a dick.
  • Options
    And cyclist, scooter user, jogger and pedestrian and people called Richard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ROTW said:
    One thing I've noticed from watching various footage of the protests is what I will call 'poor mask etiquette'. People not wearing them correctly, or pulling them to speak etc.

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    buckshee said:
    ROTW said:
    Unbelievable really. 

Would love to know how many of these people (like I did) had the hump about Cummings yet have still gone to this. 
    I've been very vocal in enforcing a stricter lockdown but I can completely see that for some people some issues are way bigger than coronavirus. But I think there is a definite distinction to those joining a protest and people just out having a jolly up.
    What about those who haven’t been able to attend loved ones funerals?
    Anyway, I guess we can all see which way this will go, so best stop.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    colthe3rd said:
    buckshee said:
    ROTW said:
    Unbelievable really. 

We’ve clashed in the past, but you know as well as I do that some of these people aren’t peacefully protesting. 

But let’s no go down that route as will likely mean the thread gets pulled. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    buckshee said:
    ROTW said:
    Unbelievable really. 

We’ve clashed in the past, but you know as well as I do that some of these people aren’t peacefully protesting. 

Why say anything at all then? 
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    I saw a report at lunchtime and they commented on the social distancing element of it and how 75% are wearing masks and there are attempts so socially distance. 

I wouldn't generalise and say 'lockdown is over' because of this protest. there was an aerial camera and it was very clear to see there were lots of people taking part in the protest but remaining spaced out.  You could clearly see plenty of pockets of grass. yes there were people closer together in sections. The focus of the reporting on this protest shouldn't be on the negatives of social distancing, but about the issue at hand that people clearly feel passionate about to join forces and protest against, for a report to focus on the social distance element of a protest rather than the actual reason for the protest would be wrong imo. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    buckshee said:
    ROTW said:
    Unbelievable really. 

Because as per you come on threads and deliberately try to draw people into arguing then cry away as the victim - you have pretty good form for it. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    buckshee said:
    ROTW said:
    Unbelievable really. 

Because as per you come on threads and deliberately try to draw people into arguing then cry away as the victim - you have pretty good form for it. 
    Fuck are you on about? I wasn't trying to cause an argument, was making a point that I can see why some see this as a much bigger issue than covid. I wasn't saying anyone was right or wrong for going to a protest, I didn't abuse anyone but here you are once again digging me out on a post of mine you don't agree with. You even admitted that it would derail the thread but still had to post something. As usual so desperate to get the last word in as if that somehow wins you the argument. I'd say it's pathetic but in reality I feel a little sorry for you. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But then HOW did they get to Hyde Park? Crowding onto tubes, trains and buses?
  • Options
    and the above photos are clearly not 2 meters which is the advised distance. 
  • Options

Another couple of angles to show you how you maybe wrong in generalising about how ‘selfish’ these people are protesting for a cause we should all support, whilst maintaining a safe distance. 
    They are spaced out but they are all around 700mm apart and not 2m.
  • Options

as i maintained 0 social distancing and it does effect everyone!, IF the 2nd spike hits then really hope don't wonder why it happens, we all likely know someone effected by this disease and how some are so blase about it i find strange.  
  • Options
    Did pee me off last week when I was running and in the distance I could see a bloke on his bike on the pavement coming my way. I knew from 100 metres away I was the one who was going to have to go into the road to maintain social distance, and so it proved. 
    I have this every time I go for a walk. 

Very tempted to 'accidentally' knock one of these selfish so and sos off but the need to social distance stops me doing it.

Cyclists are now well ahead of dog walkers, who took an early lead, in the 'selfish scum stakes' I have encountered personally thus far.