Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Lockdown easing gradually?

Comments

• Options
    It will be interesting to see how many people ignore the wearing of masks in shops. As a regular bus user i'd say 40% of people don't bother on the buses.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    What I don't get is the constant contradictory messages they put out. Gyms can reopen and face masks won't be necessary despite people working out, perspiring and breathing a lot heavier, thus spreading any germs at a far greater rate then someone just standing about doing nothing, but now facemasks will be mandatory in shops where they haven't been worn for 4 months
    It is just following the general pattern of ineptitude this Government has shown throughout the pandemic. 
  • Options
    @se9addick yeah its a possibility but had some lovely hikes planned around kerry etc so a waste of air fare, but is what it is things could be a lot worse and i am conscious of that, this pandemic has just showed how many divs we have in England, people genuinely annoyed at wearing a face mask for an hour to do a weekly shop - that could save lives. 

it is very low there new cases are in the low 20s now. 
    we had 650 yesterday, 

of course population difference is 13.7 times larger
  • Options
    We’re all doomed.
    i’m upstairs on a 161 at the moment and there are 16 people of whom 4 are wearing a mask.
  • Options
    We’re all doomed.
    i’m upstairs on a 161 at the moment and there are 16 people of whom 4 are wearing a mask.
    I'd be sitting down wind of an open window.
  • Options
    We’re 75% doomed.
    Corrected it for you. The 4 wearing the masks Should be fine.

seriously though, that’s bad. Maybe they think the virus can only get you on the lower deck 

• Options
    We’re 75% doomed.

seriously though, that’s bad. Maybe they think the virus can only get you on the lower deck 

Masks stop you spreading it, but not from getting it right? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’re 75% doomed.

If everyone wore a mask then it would stop the people with it spreading it and hence everyone else from catching it.
  • Options
    We’re 75% doomed.

If everyone wore a mask then it would stop the people with it spreading it and hence everyone else from catching it.
    I'm not disputing that. But you said the four wearing masks should be fine, which is not the case if 75% of the bus were not wearing masks. 
  • Options
    We’re 75% doomed.

I'm not disputing that. But you said the four wearing masks should be fine, which is not the case if 75% of the bus were not wearing masks. 
    I was being flippant 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We’re 75% doomed.

I was being flippant 
    I was wondering, unfortunately it's often hard to tell if someone is being flippant over the internet.

Maybe that's why emojis are a good thing. 😷
  • Options
    We’re 75% doomed.

I was being flippant 
    I was wondering, unfortunately it's often hard to tell if someone is being flippant over the internet.

Maybe that's why emojis are a good thing. 😷
    👍🏻
  • Options
    When did this change then?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-news-face-masks-increase-risk-infection-doctor-jenny-harries-a9396811.html

Political authoritarianism rather than clinical need is driving compulsory muzzle wearing in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    LenGlover said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-news-face-masks-increase-risk-infection-doctor-jenny-harries-a9396811.html

Political authoritarianism rather than clinical need is driving compulsory muzzle wearing in my opinion.

Knowledge of how the virus is spread has improved since March. The mask helps stop asymptomatic transmission, but it is important to know the correct way to put a mask on and take it off. The Government needs to tell people how it should be done to prevent the problems mentioned in the article. 

We didn't have enough masks in the early days so an excuse had to be given for not making it compulsory.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Muzzle, grow up will you. Bet you would have complained that the air raid warden asked you turn the lights off as the Luftwaffe were flying down the Thames
  • Options
    Well he was trying to read the evening paper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Everything government has done has been ill planned. Furlough Scheme was put in place without knowing how many jobs would have been saved. Cancer treatment delayed due to the lockdown and cancer referrals down by 75%.

Another example of a half baked idea which is unenforceable. 

• Options
    We’re all doomed.
    My local is planning a live music gig in the garden for this weekend. You’re right we’re all doomed.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Everything government has done has been ill planned. Furlough Scheme was put in place without knowing how many jobs would have been saved. Cancer treatment delayed due to the lockdown and cancer referrals down by 75%.

Another example of a half baked idea which is unenforceable. 

How the hell could the government predict how many jobs would be lost or saved during a pandemic of the likes the modern world has never seen before?

When the ONS released the latest Labour Market information yesterday, there was a drop of 640,000 people on the payroll in the period from March to June. Those figures, though bad, were a lot better than had been thought - mainly due to the furlough scheme. 

The scheme has given many, many, people a lifeline during the pandemic that they would not have had otherwise. Let's see what happens in October when it ends. 

• Options

Coronavirus LIVE: PM sets out plan for bosses to get employees back to work

The prime minister is announcing the next steps as the country attempts to recover from the coronavirus crisis.

Key points:

• Employers to get discretion on how staff can work safely
    • PM says more people will be encouraged to use public transport 
    • He says he hopes there will be a 'return to normality' from November.
    • NHS to get £3m more for potential second wave
    • Stadia and conferences may reopen from October
    • Local authorities to get powers to shut premises and cancel events
    • Central government to get powers to stop people leaving or entering areas during local lockdowns
    • Nightclubs and soft play areas to stay closed for now

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-live-pm-pledges-extra-3bn-to-nhs-for-potential-second-wave-12030417
  • Options
    clive said:

The prime minister is announcing the next steps as the country attempts to recover from the coronavirus crisis.

Key points:

• Central government to get powers to stop people leaving or entering areas during local lockdowns

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-live-pm-pledges-extra-3bn-to-nhs-for-potential-second-wave-12030417
    Getting the people back in the offices will be a huge challenge. Thousands upon thousands of jobs rely on offices being full with staff and spending money. How many of London commuters really want to go back to commuting when they can WFH. An interesting 5 months ahead on that front.

• Options
    clive said:

Key points:

Getting the people back in the offices will be a huge challenge. Thousands upon thousands of jobs rely on offices being full with staff and spending money. How many of London commuters really want to go back to commuting when they can WFH. An interesting 5 months ahead on that front.

agree, certainly not me nor anyone in my company who work in the City.

I know of one firm (with City offices) who's staff were ordered back in as of Monday - including London - unless you have a really good reason not to (ie underlying health issue etc)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    clive said:

Key points:

I know of one firm (with City offices) who's staff were ordered back in as of Monday - including London - unless you have a really good reason not to (ie underlying health issue etc)

Absolute bastards forcing people back into work when they don't need to be. No doubt the execs will be in their houses in Hertforshire and Tonbridge Wells while the workers have to cram themselves onto trains and tubes.
    Every single worker should be unionising over this.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    clive said:

Key points:

Saw a photo of London Waterloo a couple days back during rush hour and none of the food stores were open. Not just getting kiosk re opened they need to hope customers trust buying stuff again.