Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If the barbers/hairdressers open next week, would you go for a hair cut ?

I'm a no, not even if we both wore masks.

Comments

• No - far too risky for my shielding missus.
    The clippers arrived last week but still haven't plucked up the courage to use them yet!

• its a no from me over 6000 new cases yesterday and 649 deaths - people really are not taking notice of the numbers - i feel sorry for those in these industries - pubs, eateries, barbers etc 
  • One things for sure.. when they do open, they will be incredibly busy.
  • I get home visits from my barber, which I haven't had since lockdown but I did consider messaging him this weekend.
  • One things for sure.. when they do open, they will be incredibly busy.

I'm not so sure - there will still be a lot of anxiety about being that close.
    Besides, most men will be sporting a crop (self-inflicted).
  • Not me.  I'm a slap head so do my own!
  • I would be very very tempted.
    When I first visited Beijing nearly every corner had folk doing ballroom dancing, folk playing some kind of game which seemed to be about keepy uppy with a paper ball, groups of guys gathered with caged birds talking about them, and this:

street hairdressers beijing china Stock Photo 56770747 - Alamy

Street barbers/hairdressers. they were everywhere.

If my local blokes were to put their chairs out on the street, and we all wore masks, then I would love to get a haircut, especially my increasingly 'Healy' eyebrows and my Noddy Holder sideburns.
  • no .. I have become quite fond of my flowing grey locks 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m interested in @Baldybonce view on this.
    Well, 
    those of us who haven’t much hair know that a trip to the barber is required every month or it starts looking a bit silly BUT since lockdown i’ve been shaving my bonce with a mach 3.
    I shall carry on now as it saves me £15 a time.
  • I certainly need a haircut, but would probably wait another week to see how things settle down, especially if there's a rush

My barbers certainly need the business, that would be a consideration
  • I'm just hoping my barber is ok, he's 70 and had a heart bypass op a few years ago but generally he's in good health.
  • Jeezuz no.  No way on earth is haircutting important compared to staying safe.  I wouldn't trust going near a barbers, because anyone that would trust going near a barbers is exactly the sort of person who would be a risk.
  • No, they’re young lads and whilst I like them I don’t think they’ll be safe enough.
  • No, they’re young lads and whilst I like them I don’t think they’ll be safe enough.
    The barbers at my place are on average the same age as me, indeed a couple of them are either older or more medically vulnerable than me, so I can certainly trust them to be VERY careful
  • YES, YES, YES.

I haven't had a haircut in over 2 months & it's getting a nightmare. Too thick & in this weather making me all hot & bothered. 

• edited May 2020
    its a no from me over 6000 new cases yesterday and 649 deaths - people really are not taking notice of the numbers - i feel sorry for those in these industries - pubs, eateries, barbers etc 
    Agree, I wouldn't go near a barbers yet - but that 6,000 new cases is largely as a result of the big jump in testing, and the 649 deaths is deaths including those going back months. Yesterday's *actual* deaths (ie:  those people that died yesterday, after the retrospective ones are added from today) is less than 200
  • Mines nearly reaching my ears now....
  • Sponsored links:

I'd get worried when it reaches your big William...
  • edited May 2020
    I actually use clippers for my head which I cut nowadays in order to be completely bald.
    However, I have a thick straggly grey beard......I look like Uncle Albert.......can’t wait to have it shaved off.
  • edited May 2020

This is a thread about hair. No need to boast mate, your user name says it all :-)
    Well it has been a bit chilly lately :-)
  • I'm not desperate enough yet to risk it, happy to wait another few months or may even buy some clippers but loathed to as the barbers I go to only charge a fiver for a number two and I like supporting local businesses.
  • MrWalker said:
    No, but I'd send my partner out for a risky Brazilian.
    I bet he won’t thank you for that...
  • clive said:
    Yes,if pubs,sports stadiums etc all opened up i'll would have no hesitation of attending,life's to short to worry about things we have no control of.
    is that apart from the fact you absolutely do have control of not exposing yourself to the virus ?
  • I'm not desperate enough yet to risk it, happy to wait another few months or may even buy some clippers but loathed to as the barbers I go to only charge a fiver for a number two and I like supporting local businesses.
    Guessing the toilet paper shortage killed them.