Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If the barbers/hairdressers open next week, would you go for a hair cut ?

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Wehey.
    Tosan, tomorrow at 2.30.
    Get in.
    Ebigbeyi-Popo?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    seth plum said:
    Wehey.
    Tosan, tomorrow at 2.30.
    Get in.
    Ebigbeyi-Popo?
    Nah Cenk Tosun
  • Options
    A bit pee'd off atm. 2 barbers in town. One is usually open until 5pm. Went past this morning and there was a bit of a queue so thought I'd leave it until later. Got there at 4.30pm & they were closing up......and the buggers have also put up the prices. Might only be £2 extra but from £9 that's over a 20% increase. 

The other one was half empty......but you need to make an appt first & they said they were booked for the rest of the day.  And they are now charging £13.50 for a dry cut.

Daylight fecking robbery.
    Mine have gone up to £20...
  • Options
    Glorious to get a hair cut, definitely one extreme to the other!

Fairly painless process really, disposable gowns to wear instead of the usual reusable ones, and certain things aren't allowed (such as the razor blade up the neck), and you had to queue outside but other wise pretty normal. Only 2 chairs out of the 3 being used, but then on a normal Monday they'd only have 2 barbers working anyway
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Glorious to get a hair cut, definitely one extreme to the other!

Fairly painless process really, disposable gowns to wear instead of the usual reusable ones, and certain things aren't allowed (such as the razor blade up the neck), and you had to queue outside but other wise pretty normal. Only 2 chairs out of the 3 being used, but then on a normal Monday they'd only have 2 barbers working anyway
    Absolutely.
    I had it cut this afternoon and said to tosan 'how much?' he said 'ten pounds'.
    I gave him twenty because that was what i thought it was reasonable.
    That might be virtue signalling I don't care, but he hasn't worked for ages, and I would've spent more than that on haircuts and hot towel shaves in the interim.
    Worth every penny.
    Yes, the price hadn't changed (£12) but I gave £20 as they deserved it.
  • Options
    My attempt at a Faf De Klerk mullet has come to an end.

First haircut since Feb booked for Wednesday 
  • Options
    It took me 15 minutes to book an appointment for Jnr. The Turks grasp of English was somewhat frustrating. At least they do a decent haircut.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless you are completely bald, I can’t believe people are moaning about the price of a hair cut, the barbers haven’t had any work for 3 months!
  • Options
    Unless you are completely bald, I can’t believe people are moaning about the price of a hair cut, the barbers haven’t had any work for 3 months!
    I expected prices to go up.
    On a different note have to get a cab home a couple of Saturday nights ago.
    11pm on a saturday night and the price hadn't gone up, madness.
  • Options
    Had mine cut yesterday, first time since March! Followed by a curry at our favourite restaurant. Brilliant.
  • Options
    mine is booked for midday tomorrow. 

I'm all Yahoo Serious at the moment!
  • Options
    Unbelievable we're all getting excited over bloody hair cuts (and a meal in a restaurant in my case!)
  • Options
    All booked for tomorrow, my long gray locks are taking me back to the seventies, wife hates it so its got to go, only positive I can see is the beauty who is doing a home visit to lop it off, shame I'm just another old hippie to her.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Bit concerned about where @paulie8290 is going to get his highlights done.

I flicked through this thread only looking for his comment.
    I'm now sadly disappointed he hasn't turned up yet.
    Paulie where are you?
  • Options
    anyone elses barbers put prices up? my usual place has gone from 14 quid to 27!!!
  • Options
    anyone elses barbers put prices up? my usual place has gone from 14 quid to 27!!!
    14 quid!
  • Options
    Wow, that’s an outrageous leap. Mine from 12-14
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do hope you go to a hairdressers and get an extra for that money.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Yes, I'd expect something for Monday to Fridays as well as for the weekend
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    If you pay 30 you can get the extra from a female.
  • Options
    Jeez. Is that up town. I've had the odd one at ted bakers grooming salon along with a beard trim which is around 50 quid but that's a once in a blue moon treat.

Can understand barbers whacking the prices up a quid or 2 as the ppe they provide isnt free and they've been out of work for months.
  • Options
    it is in kensington high street - just easier as close to work and by time i get home of evenings most locals are shut. 
  • Options
    Pocket change for that w8 lot. Have you tried raymons on a Saturday just along from the barn.
  • Options
    weekends of late havent been busy but pre covid taken up with charlton or golf. 
  • Options
    My boy is in here at the moment. E&S Passey place. You can book online
  • Options
    I went to a Barber's in Dartford this morning and had a haircut. I was quite happy to go and was impressed with the level of cleaning of the chair, sink, worktops and tools between customers. They were wearing masks and shields and I wore a face mask, just unhooking it while they trimmed around my ears.

However, despite the high level of cleaning, they put the same gown on me that they used on the previous person. I'm not sure how long the virus lasts on material, but I would have assumed the gown would have been antibac sprayed or a different gown used.
  • Options
    Is that for a perm with colour?