Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If the barbers/hairdressers open next week, would you go for a hair cut ?

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    Yes,if pubs,sports stadiums etc all opened up i'll would have no hesitation of attending,life's to short to worry about things we have no control of.
    is that apart from the fact you absolutely do have control of not exposing yourself to the virus ?
    The only way to possibly avoid exposing myself to the virus or any other risk ,victim of road accident,stabbing, or any other unforeseen incident would be to never leave my house again.
    That’s my dream , never having to leave home , perfect . I’m a practicing hermit ! 
    I’m all over this lockdown . Naff all contact with people from the outside world (Except on here)  beautiful cos I can turn this off .
    I got kids to play sport with and wind up and Mrs does the weekly shop .
    From a selfish point of view , long live the lockdown . 
    For the kids and everyone else’s sake , I can’t wait for some normality for the rest of society .

I was genuinely surprised by your response, your comments on CL have always given me the impression you are so happy and outgoing.  :)
    Errrr, think you're confusing Morts with Golfie......
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    £35 for a blokes haircut! That's gotta include a colouring too surely or maybe a happy ending. Flipping eck. 
  • Options
    My missus is doing mine but she's so tentative with the scissors she only takes off about 3mm. Needs doing every weekend now but she's always trying to get my to grow my hair longer so may be being played here. 

If I could get clippers I might just go for it myself and she'll have no option but to sort it out properly. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    Yes,if pubs,sports stadiums etc all opened up i'll would have no hesitation of attending,life's to short to worry about things we have no control of.
    is that apart from the fact you absolutely do have control of not exposing yourself to the virus ?
    The only way to possibly avoid exposing myself to the virus or any other risk ,victim of road accident,stabbing, or any other unforeseen incident would be to never leave my house again.
    That’s my dream , never having to leave home , perfect . I’m a practicing hermit ! 
    I’m all over this lockdown . Naff all contact with people from the outside world (Except on here)  beautiful cos I can turn this off .
    I got kids to play sport with and wind up and Mrs does the weekly shop .
    From a selfish point of view , long live the lockdown . 
    For the kids and everyone else’s sake , I can’t wait for some normality for the rest of society .

I was genuinely surprised by your response, your comments on CL have always given me the impression you are so happy and outgoing.  :)
    Errrr, think you're confusing Morts with Golfie......
    Whoooooosshhh 
  • Options
    £35b for a blokes haircut! That's gotta include a colouring too surely or maybe a happy ending. Flipping eck. 

Tell me about it. It's a bit poncy but I do get a cup of coffee or a glass of wine! Still, that's all history now thanks to Braun!
    Just don't ask what he charges my missus! Not sure she'll go with the clippers.
  • Options
    Ah, yes. We have an understanding in my place that I should never ask how much my wife pays for hers. I'd need an ambulance afterwards. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    £35b for a blokes haircut! That's gotta include a colouring too surely or maybe a happy ending. Flipping eck. 

Tell me about it. It's a bit poncy but I do get a cup of coffee or a glass of wine! Still, that's all history now thanks to Braun!
    Just don't ask what he charges my missus! Not sure she'll go with the clippers.
    I pay £11 and happy to wait until they reopen

No coffee or wine, just a shot of whisky at Christmas!

• Options
    I'd be tempted to do my own hair if I could find the clippers.  Can't even find the dog's ones! 

I would usually go to the barbers as it's only a tenner for a number 2 all over [insert Carry-On joke here] plus tip (do other people still tip?) but haven't been since before Christmas so I'll be getting my money's worth when they do eventually reopen.
  • Options
    addix said:
    I'd be tempted to do my own hair if I could find the clippers.  Can't even find the dog's ones! 

I would usually go to the barbers as it's only a tenner for a number 2 all over [insert Carry-On joke here] plus tip (do other people still tip?) but haven't been since before Christmas so I'll be getting my money's worth when they do eventually reopen.
    Wow, that's one hair extreme to the other, seeing that Xmas was over 4 months ago!
  • Options
    £35 for a blokes haircut! That's gotta include a colouring too surely or maybe a happy ending. Flipping eck. 

My misses is going to be doing mine and I guarantee there will be no happy ending
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Are they doing euthanasia at the barbers now? Seems very reasonable. What is it in Switzerland, £5k?
  • Options
    Little Miss Idle is scheduled to do mine tomorrow with the new clippers.She cant wait! I'm not so sure, but it's getting on my nerves so I'm looking for all my hats just in case. Slightly disturbed by the line in the instruction book that says "Determine the hair length of your pet that needs to be shaved"

Have two mates whose missus' are cutting theirs this weekend for the first time. Comparing the results will be interesting indeed.
  • Options
    A definite no. Cutting hair with clippers for the time being. When I do eventually get to the barbers it will cost me 4 quid!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Little Miss Idle is scheduled to do mine tomorrow with the new clippers.She cant wait! I'm not so sure, but it's getting on my nerves so I'm looking for all my hats just in case. Slightly disturbed by the line in the instruction book that says "Determine the hair length of your pet that needs to be shaved"

Have two mates whose missus' are cutting theirs this weekend for the first time. Comparing the results will be interesting indeed.

Nothing to worry about - used mine for the first time yesterday and I've got to say I'm pretty pleased with myself.

18 Photos Of Disastrous Quarantine Haircuts You Need To See

• Options
    Cheated and had mine done yesterday - though she wouldn't touch the beard. Half hearted attempt at protection, took my temperature halfway through the haircut as she was too busy gassing. The plastic shield over her face was halfway up throughout.

God, that woman could talk the hind legs off a donkey.
  • Options
    6 in the queue at the Barbers in Church Lane
  • Options
    There was a queue of 15 geezers outside the barbers at 08:00 this morning. In the rain. At, say, 15 minutes per cut the bloke on the back is going to be seen about 13:00. The world's officially gone bonkers.
  • Options
    There was a queue of 15 geezers outside the barbers at 08:00 this morning. In the rain. At, say, 15 minutes per cut the bloke on the back is going to be seen about 13:00. The world's officially gone bonkers.
    At the Barbers I went to only 3 allowed in the shop, so any one else turning up after that is given a ticket with a time to return 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Home visits only from now on. I’ll never go to a barbershop again, too much waiting around does my head in. 
  • Options

Absolutely. It's just mad and unnecessary.

If you've been without something for nearly 4 months.

It usually means you have managed to alter things and get used to the change.

The haircut can wait. 

The que is mad.
  • Options
    Times like this I’m glad my mate is a barber, he called me last week and booked me in for today. I’m going to feel mighty smug skipping the queue. 
  • Options
    Booked in for Wednesday, price gone up £3 for Senior Citizens to a tenner, outrageous! To be fair the salon has had a makeover. Face masks have to be worn and free disposable ones are available. Attendance no more than 5 minutes before appointment and queue outside until called. The beard will be coming off beforehand and I'll be getting my money's worth with a short back and sides, bring it on 😎.
  • Options
    My hairdresser opened at 6am this morning. I was awake so thought I'd pop down and arrived at 5:40. I was 8th in the queue and I got home at 9. No regrets.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Booked in for Wednesday, price gone up £3 for Senior Citizens to a tenner, outrageous! To be fair the salon has had a makeover. Face masks have to be worn and free disposable ones are available. Attendance no more than 5 minutes before appointment and queue outside until called. The beard will be coming off beforehand and I'll be getting my money's worth with a short back and sides, bring it on 😎.
    They say northerners are tight.
  • Options
    barbers/hair designers/tonsureists  are gonna be mega busy for a while .. queues, perhaps rushed service .. I'll give it a week or 2 
  • Options
    I chatted to my barbers on Thursday, and was advised not to go today as it would be manic!

Desperate for a haircut though, so will early next week
  • Options
    addix said:

Where I go is normally £5 for a number 2 all over. However I bought a pair of clippers and the wife has done just as good a job so I will be sticking with them for a while. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    clb74 said:
    RedChaser said:
    They say northerners are tight.
    Has Mrs clb put slides in yours yet mate? 😉